Today in the world deepened researches on the synthesis and study of theproperties of hydrogel materials are held due to their promising use in many fields,in particular in pharmaceutics, electronic devices and engineering, biomedicine,bioengineering. Physico-chemical properties of hydrogels, so the spheres of theirpossible use are determined by the nature of the polymer, the degree of structuring,the ratio of components of the polymer: water. Therefore, obtaining andresearching of the properties and characteristics of polymer hydrogels is animportant and topical task of modern polymer chemistry.
The purpose of this work is obtaining of hydrogel composites usingperoxidated polysaccharides for forming a strong sewn structure and studying thekinetics of swelling such polymer hydrogels.
In the research work, peroxidated samples of natural polymers were used.Spatially sewn polymeric hydrogels filled with peroxidatedpolysaccharides, inparticular starch and cellulose were obtained by graft-polymerization ofhydrophilic functional monomers in aqueous media. To do this, the process wascarried out in aqueous solution of monomers (acrylamide, acrylic acid) in thepresence of peroxidated polysaccharide. The study of kinetics of swelling andrelative change of clearance samples in water was made to characterize thereceived hydrogel composites. The constants of the velocity of swelling ofhydrogels were calculated from the kinetic equation considering the process as thesecond-order kinetics.
Basedontheresultsofthestudiesofswelling, itwasfoundthattheoptimalcontentofpolysaccharidesinhydrogelcompositesshouldbe 10-20% byweight. Analyzingtheformsoftheobtainedkineticcurves, itcanbeseenthatthesynthesizedspecimensdemonstrate a strong, spatially-stitchedstructurethatcanmaintainitsshapeandelasticpropertiesforlong-termstorageinanaqueousmedium. Theintra-molecularinteractionofthegraftedmacromoleculesofthecopolymeronthesurfaceofthepolysaccharidecreatesadditionalconnectionsforthestrength f theobtainedsamples. Itisalsonoticeablethatcompositeswithgraftedcopolymersofclose-fittingsyntheticmonomershave a higherdegreeofswelling.
Onthebasisoftheresearch, a numberofcompositehydrogelmaterialswereobtainedonthebasisofnaturalpolymers - starch, celluloseandsynthetic - polyacrylamide, polyacrylicacid. Thesynthesizedspecimensdemonstrate a strong, three-dimensionalstructurewithsignificantlevelsofsorbingcapabilityintheaquaticenvironment. Polysaccharidesmodifiedwithperoxidecooligomerdemonstrateexcellentpropertiesofthecrosslinkingagentofacrylamideandacrylicacidpolymericmaterials. Therateconstantsoftheswellingprocesswerecalculated. Thehydrogelcompositesobtainedaccordingtotheproposedmethodhaveexcellentsorbingpropertiesandarecapableoflong - termstorageinanaqueousmediumwiththepreservationoftheworkingformandelasticproperties.
1. Ahmed Enas M, Aggor Fatma S, Awad Ahmed M, El-Aref Ahmed T. An innovative method for preparation of nanometal hydroxide superabsorbent hydrogel // Carbohydr Polym 2013;91. p. 693–698.
2. Li Yuhui, Huang Guoyou, Zhang Xiaohui, Li Baoqiang, Chen Yongmei, Lu Tingli, Lu Tian Jian, Xu Feng. Magnetic hydrogels and their potential biomedical applications // Adv Funct Mater 2013;23(6). p. 660–672.
3. Bukartyk N. M., Chobit M. R., Borova S. H., Nadashkevych Z. Ya., Tokarev V. S. Syntez ta vlastyvosti karboksyl- i aminovmisnykhhidroheliv na osnovi akrylamidu // Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu “Lvivska politekhnika”. – № 841. – 2016. – S. 345–350.
4. Suvarna Kurhade, Munira Momin, Pallavi Khanekar, Supriya Mhatre. Novel Biocompatible Honey Hydrogel Wound Healing Sponge for Chronic Ulcers // International Journal of Drug Delivery 5 (2013). p. 353–361.
5. Habiboallah G, Nasroallah S, Mahdi Z. Histological evaluation of Curcuma longa-ghee formulation and hyaluronic acid on gingival healing in dog // Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2008; 120. p. 335–341.
6. Kim GH, Kang YM, Kang KN. Wound. Dressings for Wound Healing and Drug // Delivery,Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine. 2011; 8(1). p.1–7.
7. Issa Katime, Eduardo Mendizábal. Swelling Properties of New Hydrogels Based on the Dimethyl Amino Ethyl Acrylate Methyl Chloride Quaternary Salt with Acrylic Acid and 2-Methylene Butane-1,4-Dioic Acid Monomers in Aqueous Solutions // Materials Sciences and pplications, 2010, 1, p. 162–167.