Composite hydrogel metal-filled materials in many cases during the operation are used in the form of films, in medicine these are membrane different kind, of transdermal drugs, implants, elements of medical equipment intended for installation of a reliable contact with the human body, the instrument making-elements of different sensors (humidity, temperature, pressure, concentration of gaseous and liquid products), etc.
Analysis of the process of the centrifugal formation showed the possibility of using this method for processing compositions of HEMA-PVP in the presence of ions of metals of variable oxidation and production of film composites based on them. Metal-filled hydrogel films, produced by centrifugal molding are characterized by high surface quality and stable dimensions in thickness (variation in thickness doesn’t exceed 1%).
The goal of of research was to determine the effect of centrifugal molding technological parameters on structure and characteristics of metal-filled hydrogel film materials based on co-polymers PVP and HEMA.
It is determined that during molding under centrifugal force action in film thickness the filler liquation is occurring. The intensity of such liquation mainly depends on centrifugal mold rotation frequency and initial composition viscosity. The viscosity of polymer-monomer composition is rising with PVP content increasing and solvent content decreasing. The appearance of film articles surface quality and physical and mechanical properties anisotropy is a result of filler separating.
The film obtained by centrifugal formation has two surfaces: "external" – a surface that is in contact with mold surface, and "inner film surface", which is directed in mold cavity. The inner surface has lower quality than external one. Products obtained under rotation frequency more than 1000 rev/min are characterized by the best quality of inner surface.
It has been established that the strength and elastic properties of films during the application of force to the external surface are better than characteristics of films during the application of force to the inner surface. PVP content and mold rotation speed increasing cause to decrease of tensile strength at break. At the same time, increase of PVP content in the composition results in rising of composites elasticity.
1. Suberlyak O. Researching influence the nature of metal on mechanism of synthesis polyvinilpyrrolidone metal copolymers / O. Suberlyak, O. Grytsenko, Kh. Hischak, N. Hnatchuk // Chemistry & chem. tecnology. - 2013. - Vol. 7, No. 3. - R. 289-294.
2. Gritsenko O. M. StrukturnI harakteristiki metalovmIsnih gIdrogelIv na osnovI kopolImerIv polIvInIlpIrolIdonu / O. M. Gritsenko, H. Ya. GIschak, H. I. Ikava. StrukturnI harakteristiki metalovmIsnih gIdrogelIv na osnovI kopolImerIv polIvInIlpIrolIdonu // VIsnik Nats. un-tu "LvIvska polItehnIka" "HImIya, tehnologIya rechovin ta Yih zastosuvannya". - 2008. - № 609. - S.395-399.
3. Suberlyak O. Influence of the metal surface of powder filler om the structure and properties of composite materials based on the co-polymers of methacrylates with polyvinylpyrrolidone / O. Suberlyak, O. Grytsenko, Kh. Hischak // Materials Science. - 2016. - No. 52(2). - R.155-164.
4. Suberlyak O. Complex PVP-Men - active satalyst of vinyl monomers polymerization [Text] / O. Suberlyak, V. Skorokhoda, O. Grytsenko // Materialy polimerowe i ich przetworstwo. - 2004. - P. 140-145.
5. Grytsenko O., Suberlak O., Gajdos I., Fedasiuk D. The features of film composite hydrogel materials obtaining technology by centrifugal molding // Technological and design aspects of extrusion and injection moulding of thermoplastic polymer composites and nanocomposites. Monography. Volume II: Kosice, 2014. - P. 213-230.
6. Gritsenko O. M. Vpliv InItsIyuvalnoYi sistemi na strukturu ta vlastivostI gIdrogelIv na osnovI kopolImerIv polIvInIlpIrolIdonu / O. M. Gritsenko, O. V. Suberlyak, N. M. Gnatchuk // ShIdno-Evropeyskiy zhurnal peredovih tehnologIy. - 2013. - № 5/8(65). - S. 59-63.
7. Suberlyak O. V. NaukovI aspekti rozroblennya tehnologIYi sintezu gIdrofIlnih kopolImerIv PVP / O. V. Suberlyak, V. Y. Skorohoda, O. M. Gritsenko // Voprosyi himii i him. tehnologii. - 2000. - № 1. - C. 236-238.
8. Development of equipment for the production of hydrogel films by centrifugal molding / O. Grytsenko, T. Jachowicz, O. Suberlyak, V. Krasinskyi // Advanced technologies in designing, engineering and manufacturing research problems. Monography. Lublin, 2015. - R. 29-42.
9. Suberlyak O. Regularities of films forming on the basis of polyamide-polyvinylpyrrolidone mixtures / O. Suberlyak, N. Baran, A. Gnatowski, T. Jaruga, Yu. Melnyk // Chemistry & Chemical Technology. - 2012. - Vol. 6(1). - P. 73-76.
10. Gritsenko O. M. ZakonomIrnostI formuvannya metalonapovnenih gIdrogelIv ta plIvkovih materIalIv / O. M. Gritsenko, O. V. Suberlyak, H. Ya. GIschak // Voprosyi himii i himicheskoy tehnologii. - 2015. - № 1. - S.20-25.