In order to improve the properties of epoxy resins they are modified by the various compounds, in particular oligoesters. Compositions based on ED-20 epoxy resin and unsaturated oligoesters are structured in the presence of polyethylene polyamine (PEPA). The oligoester acts as a plasticizer that is not chemically bounded to the molecules of spatially crosslinked structure. It leads to the deterioration of their physical, mechanical and chemical properties during the working process of film based on epoxy-oligoester compositions.
The spatially crosslinked epoxy-oligoester compositions in the presence of a modified with hydroperoxide tretbutyl of epoxy resin (resin ED-20P) has been proposed to obtain. As the initial epoxy resin the industrial resin marked ED-20 was used.The non-saturated oligoester component of the polymer blend was triethylene-glycoldimethacrylate (oligoesters TGM-3). The oligoesteracrylate TGM-3 molecule contains finite acrylate groups with their ability to react in three-dimensional polymerization.
Control over the structural changes was carried out by the determining of film hardness applying the M-3 device at the room temperature, as well as through the determining the gel fraction of the grinded samples in the Soxhlet apparatus by acetone extraction for 10-12 hours. For comparison the compositions not containing ED-20P resins were studied. On the basis of the conducted research the effect of number of epoxy components and unsaturated oligoesters on the structuring process of epoxy-oligoester blends has been studied. The structuring process of such compositions at the room temperature occurs due to the interaction between epoxy groups of ED-20 resins and ED-20P with PEPA molecules. At the same time, in the presence of PEPA there is a partial decomposition of peroxide groups of ED-20P resin with the formation of free radicals, which cause three-dimensional polymerisation of unsaturated oligoester’s molecules. The heating of such blends leds to a complete decomposition of labile peroxide groups and subsequent polymerization of an unsaturated oligoester. The last one in contrast to known compositions that do not contain ED-20P resin, is included in the crosslinked structure of the blend, which makes it possible to receive epoxy-oligosether films with improved physical, mechanical and chemical properties.
1. Kopan, V. S. (2004) Kompozytsiyni Materialy. Kyiv, Pul'sary.
2. Savchuk, P. P. (2010) Naukovi i tekchnologichni osnovy stvorennia ta kerovanogo funktsionuvannia epoksydnykh komposytiv z riznym stupenem napovnennia. Dys. d-ra techn. nauk, 320.
3. Martyniuk, G. O., Sirenko L. Ya., Bojko M. I. (2014). Epoksydni smoly i kompozytsijni materially na ih osnovi. Visnyk Prykarpatskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Vasylia Stefanyka. XVIII, Seria Khimiya, 115-132.
4. Ivanov, S. V., Samarska, T. G. (2009). Lakofarbovi materialy tsilyovogo pryznachennia. Vydvo Nats. aviats. Un-tu "Nau-druk".
5. Prykhodko, A. P., Kharchenko, E. S. (2007). Razrabotka modifitsirovanogo polimerrastvora na osnove epoksidnoy smoly. Stroitelstvo, materialovedenie, mashinostroenie: Sb. nauch. tr., 43, 376-380.
6. Shevelyov, A. Yu., Zeleneva, T. P., Zelenev, Yu. V. (2004). Vliyaniye modifikatsii polimerov razlichnogo stroyeniya na ih strukturu i svoystva. Plasticheskiye massy, 10, 16-22.
7. Buketov, A. V., Stukhlyak, P. D., Kalba, Ye. M. (2005). Fizyko-khimichni protsesy pry formuvanni epoksykompozytnykh materialiv.Zbryth, 182.
8. Hess, M and Kosfeld, R. Salamone, J. C. (1996). in Polymeric Materials Encyclopedia, 3.
9. Rosen, S. L. (1993). Fundamental Principles of Polymeric Materials. Wiley,
10. Bratychak, M. M., Bratychak, Myh. Myh. (2003). "Peroksydni pokhidni epoksydnykh smol". Syntez, vlastyvosti, zastosuvannya, Monography, 236. 11. Bratychak, Mishael M., Donchak, Vladimir Zbigniew, A., Brzozowski, K. (1995). Epoxide oligomer modified by N-di (Tert-butylperoxymethyl) monoethanolamme. Macromolecular Reports, 32, 291-300.12. Bratychak, M. M., Chervinskyi, T. I., Gagin, M. B., Namyesnik, Ya., Kropidlovska, A. (2006). Strukturuvannia epoksy-oligoesternykh sumishey v prysutnosti poroksydnoi pokhidnoi epoksydnoi smoly ED-20. Ukr. khim. Jurnal, 72(5), 58-63.
13. Bratychak, Mic., Shyshchak, O., Astachova, O., Bratychak. M. (2010). Synthesis of peroxy oligomers based on epoxy compounds using tert-butyl peroxymethanol. Oxidation Communications, 33(4), 803-814.