The physicochemical properties of surface of the metal-containing polymer-silicate composites, which have been obtained due to compatible precipitation of water-soluble polymers and silicates under the influence of metal chlorides, such as specific surface area, the number of active centers, moisture absorption, sorption ability were studied. For the research were used methods of scanning electron microscopy, infrared spectroscopy and methods that based on detecting the patterns of sorption of acid-base indicators with different nature of functional groups and pKα value on surface composites.
The influence of the nature and concentration of polymer modifiers (polyvinyl alcohol and polyvinylpyrrolidone) and precipitants (chlorides Ba, Cu, Co, Ni, Zn, Fe) on the physicochemical properties of surface of the fine metal-containing polymer-silicate composite, in particular the value of specific surface area and the number of active centers have been established. It was found that the value of the specific surface area and the number of active centers relative methylene blue are 61-78 m2/g and 80-99·10-6 mol/g, respectively, and depend on the nature of the modifier. Sorption ability of the metal-containing polymer-silicate composites has a specific selective nature and largely determined by the nature of the polymer modifier and the metal. The number of active centers of the metal-containing polymer-silicate composites decreases in a row: Ni2+> Zn2+> Fe3+> Al3+> Сu2+> Сo2+> Ba2+.
The use of polymer modifiers leads to a reduction of the number of active centers due to the blocking of active groups of surface of silicate formations (silanols, silanol, siloxane) by interaction with functional groups of modifier. Fine particles of the polymer composites without modifier characterized by integrity and their size are on 20-30% higher than the no modified.
It has been established that the introduction of Ni-containing polymer-silicate filler into polyester compositions leads to accelerating their hardening, while polymer modifiers contribute to the growth rate of this process.
1. Bykov E. A., Dehtyarev V. V. (2006). Modern fillers Questions of chemistry and chemical engineering an important factor in improving the competitiveness of composites. Plastic masses, 1, 32-36.
2. Moumita Kotal, Anil K. Bhowmick (2015). Polymer nanocomposites from modified clays: Recent advances and challenges. Progress in Polymer Science. 51 (13), 1127-1187. https://doi. org/10.1016/j. progpolymsci.2015.10.001
3. García M. (2004). Polymer - inorganic nanocomposites, influence of colloidal silica. Thesis university of Twente.
4. Yiu-Wing Mai, Zhong-Zhen Yu, (2006). Polymer Nanocomposites, Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing Limited.
5. Rakesh K. Gupta, Elliot Kennel, Kwang-Jea Kim (2009) Polymer Nanocomposites Handbook. Cambridge: CRC Press.
6. Mittal V. (2009) Polymer Nanocomposites: Advances in Filler Surface Modification Technique. - New York: Nova Science Publ.
7. Dibyendu Mondal, Md. Masud R. Mollick, Biplab Bhowmick, Dipanwita Maity, Mrinal K. Bain, Dipak Rana, Asis Mukhopadhyay, Kausik Dana, Dipankar Chattopadhyay (2013) Effect of poly (vinylpyrrolidone) on the morphology and physical properties of poly (vinyl alcohol)/sodium montmorillonite nanocomposite films, Progress in Natural Science: Materials International, 23 (6), 579-587.
8. Kerber M. L., Vinogradov V. M., Golovkin G. S., Berlina A. A. (Eds.) (2008) Polimernyye kompozitsionnyye materialy // SP.: Professiya.
9. Voronin E. F., Nosach L. V., Pahlov E. M. (2007). Peculiarities of adsorption interactions on the surface of the aggregate nanosilica. Physical chemistry of nanomaterials and supramolecular structures, 1, 264-285.
10. Masyuk A. S., Levytskyi V. Ye. (2014). Regularities of obtaining of polymer-silicate composites from water-soluble silicates and polymers. EasternEuropean Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6/6(72), 29-33.
11. Levytskyi, V. Ye., Masyuk, A. S., Suberlyak, O. V. (2017) Preparation and properties of polymersilicate composites based on hydrophilic polymers // Voprosy Khimii i Khimicheskoi Tekhnologii. 6, 68-74.
12. Bishop E. (1976). Indicators. Moskow "Myr".
13. Levytskyi V., Masyuk A., Katruk D. and Bratychak M. (2016) Regularities of obtaining, morphology and properties of metal-containing polymer-silicate materials and polyester composites on their basis Chemistry & Chemical technology. 1, 35-40.