The Journal submit for publication papers in Ukrainian, Russian or English of problematic, general, methodical character, original scientific and practical researches that has never before been published.
Scientific publication in the professional journal “Geodesy, Cartography and Aerial Photography” should take into account the requirements of international scientometric databases (SciVerse Scopus, Web of Science, etc.) to scientific papers.
The main material of the article should have the following elements:
– introduction (problem statement, analysis of recent researches ...)
– scientific novelty and practical significance;
The structure of a paper (pages – not numbered!):
- UDC index (upper left corner of the page);
- a complete list of (co)authors (initials and surnames, order number on the list and in addition to co-author for correspondence – an asterisk (superscript) – in the second, or following lines;
- information about (co)authors: footnote (superscript – Arabic numeral and further asterisk for corresponding author) [if there are two or more authors], the place of work, postal address (building, house, street, town, country) for (co)author for correspondence – additionally telephone numbers, fax, e-mail (obligatory!).
- title of paper;
- abstract (one paragraph, from 250 words) – should be structured (logically describe the results in the paper) and must contain the following elements of their explicit allocation: aim, methods, results, scientific novelty, practical significance;
- keywords (5-12 of certain words and / or in multiple combinations, in which can be a comma);
- the main text of the paper is placed in two columns of equal width;
- references (two columns structure of paper remains) are given in square brackets [author, year] and match to the lists, arranged as follows: first all references in Cyrillic alphabet from A to Я, then all Latin letters (A ... Z), listed in alphabetical order. Bibliographic record of literature should be make out according to the standard “DSTU 7.1:2006. System of standards on information, librarianship and publishing. Bibliographic Records. Bibliographic description. General requirements and rules”, that the incumbent on 01.07.2007. In accordance with requirements of SCOPUS and Web of Science it is necessary to submit a complete list of co-authors for each referrer (as opposed to the specified DSTU). Primary sources are submitted in the original language.
Requirements for a list of references:
- volume – at least 13 sources;
- at least 3 sources in Latin letters on foreign journals with high impact influence, i.e. sources which are in the international scientometric databases;
- most of the references (including the original foreign sources) must be not older than 2000 year;
- it is allowed no more than 20% self-referencing on each of the co-authors.
List of references is placed in alphabetical order and provided with subtitle СПИСОК ВИКОРИСТАНИХ ДЖЕРЕЛ (for Ukrainian papers) СПИСОК ИСПОЛЬЗОВАННЫХ ИСТОЧНИКОВ (for Russian paper) or REFERENCES (if the article is in English). The presence of references in the paper is mandatory!!
- abstract in form of one column: a complete list of (co) authors (initials and surnames sequence number on the list and in addition for co-author for correspondence – an asterisk (superscript)), information about the (co) authors, paper title, abstract, keywords; block in English and Latin – serves as an independent source of information; its format meets the same requirements as to the paper: full list of (co) authors (transliterated initials and surnames on the list and in addition to the co-author (for correspondence) – asterisk (superscript)); information about the (co) authors (transliterated names of organizations and streets); title of the article; abstract (one paragraph, with volume from 250 words) should be structured (logically describe the results obtained in the paper) and must contain the following elements with their explicit allocation: the purpose, methods, results, scientific novelty, practical significance; keywords (5-12 individual words and/or combinations, before the list of words it should be printed by Italics the word Keywords);
- References (REFERENCES) – Ukrainian and Russian literature transliterated Latin letters according to the rules of transliteration (see. table) and in brackets is added translation of the title and publication in English.
ENGLISH TRANSLATION BY AN EXPERT!
ARTICLES OF FOREIGN AUTHORS ARE ACCEPTED ONLY IN ENGLISH!
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PAPERS ARRANGMENT
for journal “GEODESY, CARTOGRAPHY AND AERIAL SURVEY”
Materials must be submitted in hard copy and electronically in the program Misrosoft Word 2003 or earlier – files * .doc (MS Office versions 2007, 2010 – files * .docx, * .docm – not accepted).
Rules the papers design
Page parameters: page size A4; fields: left – 18 mm, right – 25 mm, top – 20 mm, bottom – 27 mm; the header – 20 mm, the footer – 1,7 mm.
A cap of article is typed with font TNR and the entire width of the sheet (in one column) in the following order:
- index UDK (in the upper left corner of the page) – in the first line with alignment to the left (font TNR 12, semi-bold), the interval before – 0 pt, after – 12 pt.
- full list of (co) authors in the second line, aligned with the left edge (font TNR 12 in capital letters). Interval before – 0 pt, after – 6 pt.
- information about (co) authors (font TNR 9 lowercase letter). Interval before block – 0 pt,
after – 12 pt.
- title of the article – with alignment to the left (font TNR 12, bold, capital letters). Space after – 12 pt.
- summary with the alignment on width, font TNR 10. – 0 pt.
- keywords with alignment on width, font TNR 10, simple; before the list it is given with italics indicates the word Keywords: sign section – the semicolon, at the end of the list the point is not required. Interval after – 12 pt.
- the main text of the article is placed in two columns of equal width with the distance between the columns of 0.5 cm and an alignment on width. The article is typed with font TNR 11 pt, intervals 1.1, lower case letters. Indentation at 6 mm from the beginning of the line is the same across the paper. Align of paragraphs is on the width. Paragraphs are not separated from each other. Titles are typed with font TNR 11 pt, bold, lower case letters. No first line indent, centered. From the previous text subtitles are separated at intervals of 12 pt, from the following – 6 pt.
A set of tables. Tables should give the reader information in clear and intelligible form, must be written in concise, clear and contain the minimum information required to illustrate the text. When placing a table on multiple pages under its continuation/end should be respectively states Continued/End Table. 1. Top of table and column must be repeated on each page of the table. The table should be printed as close as possible to the first reference to it in the text. Tables are typed in Microsoft Word. Number of tables: conventional style (font TNR, size 11 pt, italic), with alignment to the right. Table title: font TNR, size 11 pt, bold, centered, space before – 0 pt, after – 6 pt. The text and column headings of the table are printed with basic font 10 pt with alignment to the middle of the corresponding column.
Illustrations. Figures and images (raster, black and white, with a resolution lower than 300 dpi) are inserted in the text. Illustrations are provided as separate files JPEG, TIFF. The first references to the illustrations in the text should usually directly to precede an illustration or, at least, to be located as close as possible to the figure. Usually the references are given in the following form: ... As shown in Fig. 1 or ... The diagram (Fig. 1) shows ... When you repeat references in the text to the illustration it should be printed as (see. Fig. 1). Title of figure should be out of figure, spacing before and after – 6 pt, typed with font TNR 10 pt, italic, lower case letters, centered.
A set of formulas. For a set of formulas it should be used the built-in Word for Windows equation editor Microsoft Equation 3.0 or MathType 5. Formulas are placed in separate rows in the middle of column, and only a simple, small formulas that have no independent value, can be placed inside the text lines. As an exception, it is allowed only for cumbersome formulas (which can not be divided into parts of) to be placed on the full width of the page, not in two columns. Arabic numbers in parentheses indicate the sequence number of formula in the article. It is placed in the right end of the set in one line of a numbered formula. If formula is multiline, the number is placed in line with the last line of the formula. Before and after the formula – the interval of 6 pt.
The general rules: 1. The figures in the formulas are printed with regular font; 2. Letter notation of values (symbols), for which the letters of the Latin alphabet are used shoud be printed in italics; 3. Reduced mathematical terms (eg, sin, arcsin, lg, lim, const, max) are printed with regular font; 4. Abbreviated names of the physical and technical units, metric weights and derivatives of them are printed in direct font, without points, for example: 12 km; 5. Reduction in the indexes are printed with regular font, for example: Lflt (ie L of flight); If the index is a symbol of magnitude, it is printed in italics, for example: (x – coordinate); 6. It is not permited to place designation for units of measuring along with formula that reflects relationship between variables or between their numerical values in the form of letters. Editor formulas must have the following parameters – dimensions: overall – 11 pt, large indexes – 8 pt, small indexes – 6 pt, big characters – 17 pt, small characters – 11 pt; style: the text of functions, variables, matrix-vector, the number – the font TNR, for the rest of styles – the font Symbol.
References (double column structure of paper is kept). A list of sources is placed in alphabetical order and is provided with the subtitle REFERENCES (if the article English) – TNR 10 pt, in capital letters, which is separated from the main text and the list of references with intervals: before 12 pt,
after 6 pt and placed in the middle of column. The presence of references in the paper is obligatory!
Then by one column are given:
- a full list of (co)authors, information about the (co)authors, title, abstract, keywords on Russian (for Ukrainian language papers) or Ukrainian (for Russian language papers) – format meets the requirements for design of paper.
- block in Ukrainian: a full list of (co)authors, information about the (co)authors, title, abstract, keywords – format meets the requirements for design of paper;
- block in Russian: a full list of (co)authors, information about the (co)authors, title, abstract, keywords – format meets the requirements for design of paper;
The Editorial Board asks authors to comply with the above recommendations to paper submition.
The following documents should submit to the editorial board: printed version of a paper, an internal review (from organization where the author is employed (from neighbouring department or division), and an expert conclusions (after passing through independent review). The electronic version of a paper and application form completed by authors (it is on website) should be sent to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Papers submitted in the journal "Geodynamics" held closed independent review.
Reviewing (in accordance with the requirements to papers in professional journals) is performed on the following criteria:
Does the content of the paper correspond its title?
Is the author’s study a new contribution to the of science?
Is there proper literary level of paper?
Is the objective of paper properly formulated (in particular, whether it corresponds to the content of the paper)?
Are there keywords?
Are there methods of research?
Are there enough literature references processed?
Are the obtained scientific research results enough substantiated?
Is the scientific novelty of work substantiated logically?
Is there practical importance of the research?
Are there conclusions?
Are the prospects for further research in this direction presented?