The Journal submit for publication papers in Ukrainian, Russian or English of problematic, general, methodical character, original scientific and practical researches that has never before been published.
PRICE OF PUBLICATION. Publication of materials is paid. Payment is made after reviewing the articles and accepting them for publication, about which the authors will be informed in addition. Payment is made on the basis of:
132 UAH per page ( for publishing and editorial, publishing and printing services);
100 UAH for the cost of one number
80 UAH for the assignment of the digital identifier DOI.
Scientific publication in the professional journal “Geodesy, Cartography and Aerial Photography” should take into account the requirements of international scientometric databases (SciVerse Scopus, Web of Science, etc.) to scientific papers.
The main material of the article should have the following elements:
– introduction (problem statement, analysis of recent researches ...)
– scientific novelty and practical significance;
The structure of a paper (pages – not numbered!):
- UDC index (upper left corner of the page);
- a complete list of (co)authors (initials and surnames, order number on the list and in addition to co-author for correspondence – an asterisk (superscript) – in the second, or following lines;
- information about (co)authors: footnote (superscript – Arabic numeral and further asterisk for corresponding author) [if there are two or more authors], the place of work, postal address (building, house, street, town, country) for (co)author for correspondence – additionally telephone numbers, fax, e-mail (obligatory!).
- title of paper;
- abstract (one paragraph, from 250 words) – should be structured (logically describe the results in the paper) and must contain the following elements of their explicit allocation: aim, methods, results, scientific novelty, practical significance;
- keywords (5-12 of certain words and / or in multiple combinations, in which can be a comma);
- the main text of the paper is placed in two columns of equal width;
- references (two-column arrangement should be preserved) should be in square brackets [author, year]. In accordance with requirements of SCOPUS and Web of Science it is necessary to submit a complete list of co-authors for each source of reference. Primary sources should be given in the original language.
Requirements for a list of references:
- volume – at least 13 sources;
- at least 3 sources in Latin letters on foreign journals with high impact influence, i.e. sources which are in the international scientometric databases;
- most of the references (including the original foreign sources) must be not older than 2000 year;
- it is allowed no more than 20% self-referencing on each of the co-authors.
List of references should be presented in alphabetical order and provided with subtitle REFERENCES. Each article should mandatory contain list of references!;
- abstract should be page-wide: a complete list of (co) authors (listed transliterated initials and surnames; corresponding (co)author’s name – asterisk (superscript)), information on (co)authors (transliterated names of organizations and streets), title of an article, abstract (one paragraph, not less than 250 words) should be structured (consistent with the description of results in the paper) and should contain the following explicitly allocated elements: purpose, methods, results, scientific novelty, practical significance; key words (5–12 individual words and/or phrases, before the list of words it should be printed Key words in Italics);
- References (REFERENCES) – Ukrainian sources should be transliterated in Latin letters according to the rules of transliteration and in brackets a translation of the title and publication in English is added.
Papers submitted in the journal “Geodesy, Cartography and Aerial Survey” pass through closed editorial and double blind independent review.
Reviewing is performed per the following criteria:
Does the content of the paper correspond to its title?
Is the author’s study a new contribution to the science?
How do you assess the literary style of an article? (low, proper)?
Is the aim of a paper formulated properly? (in particular, whether it corresponds to the content of the paper)?
Are there keywords present?
Are there methods of research mentioned?
Are there enough literature references processed?
Are the obtained scientific research results substantiated enough?
Is the scientific novelty of work substantiated logically?
Is there practical importance of the research?
Are there conclusions?
Are the prospects for further research indicated?
ENGLISH TRANSLATION BY AN EXPERT!
ARTICLES OF FOREIGN AUTHORS ARE ACCEPTED ONLY IN ENGLISH!
Journal “GEODESY, CARTOGRAPHY AND AERIAL SURVEY” – TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PAPERS
Materials should be submitted in hard and soft copies in Microsoft Word 2003 – files * .doc (MS Office 2007, 2010 – files * .docx, * .docm – are not accepted).
Article submission guidelines
Page parameters: page size A4; fields: left – 18 mm, right – 25 mm, top – 20 mm, bottom – 27 mm; header – 20 mm, footer – 1.7 mm.
Title of an article is typed in TNR page-wide (in one column) in the following order:
- index UDK (page upper left corner) – first line aligned to the left (TNR 12, semi-bold), space before – 0 pt, after – 12 pt.
- full list of (co)authors in the second line, aligned to the left (TNR 12, in capital letters). Space before – 0 pt, after – 6 pt.
- information on (co)authors (TNR 9, lowercase letter). Space before block – 0 pt, after – 12 pt.
- title of an article – aligned to the left (TNR 12, bold, capital letters). Space after – 12 pt.
- summary – aligned page-wide, TNR 10. Space – 0 pt.
- words aligned page-wide, TNR 10, plain; before the list it should be written Key words in Italics: division sign –semicolon, no dot at the end of a list. Space after – 12 pt.
- the main text of the article should be justified and arranged in two columns of equal width, distance between the columns – 0.5 cm. Article text – TNR 11 pt, spaces – 1.1, lower case letters. Paragraph indentation – 6 mm from the beginning of the line and is the same throughout the paper. Paragraphs should be justified. Paragraphs should not be separated from each other. Titles – TNR 11 pt, bold, lower case letters. No first line indent, centre alignment. From the previous text subtitles should be separated by intervals of 12 pt, from the following – 6 pt.
– Tables layout. Tables should give the reader information in clear and intelligible form, should be written in a concise, clear manner and contain minimum information required to illustrate the text. When placing a table on several pages under its continuation/end it should be respectively stated Table 1 Continued/End. Table title and column numbers should be repeated on each page of the table. The table should be printed as close as possible to its first reference in the text. Tables are typed in Microsoft Word. Number of tables: conventional style (TNR, size 11 pt, italics), aligned to the right. Table title: TNR, size 11 pt, bold, centered, space before – 0 pt, after – 6 pt. The text and column headings of the table should be printed using basic font of 10 pt with alignment to the middle of the corresponding column.
Illustrations. Figures and images (raster, black and white, with a resolution lower than 300 dpi) should be inserted in the text. Illustrations are provided as separate JPEG, TIFF files. The first references to an illustration in the text should usually directly precede this illustration or, at least, be placed as close as possible to the figure. Usually the references are given in the following form: ... As shown in Fig. 1 or ... The diagram (Fig. 1) shows ... When you repeat references to the illustration in the text it should be printed as (see Fig. 1). Title of figure should be out of figure, spacing before and after – 6 pt, typed in TNR 10 pt, italics, lower case letters, centered.
Formulas layout. To type formulas one should use the built-in equation editor Microsoft Equation 3.0 or MathType 5. Formulas should be placed in separate lines in the middle of column. If formula is simple, not long and is not referencesd in the text further, it can be placed inside the text lines. As an exception, it is allowed only for long formulas (which cannot be divided into parts) to be placed page-wide but not in two columns. Arabic numbers in parentheses indicate the sequence number of formula in the article. It should be right-side in the same line as the numbered formula.
If formula is multiline, the number should correspond with the last line of the formula. Before and after the formula – the interval of 6 pt.
The general guidelines: 1. The figures in the formulas are printed in regular font; 2. Letter notation of values (symbols), for which the letters of the Latin alphabet are used should be printed in italics;
3. Contracted mathematical terms (eg, sin, arcsin, lg, lim, const, max) are printed in regular font;
4. Abbreviated names of physical and technical units, metric weights and their derivatives are printed in regular font, without dots, for example: 12 km; 5. Contraction in indexes are printed in regular font, for example: Lflt (i.e/ L of flight); If index is a symbol of magnitude, it is printed in italics, for example: (x – coordinate); 6. Units of measurement should not be identified along with formula that reflects relationship between variables or between their numerical values in the form of letters. The following parameters should be set in the equation editor –dimensions: overall – 11 pt, large indices – 8 pt, small indices – 6 pt, big characters – 17 pt, small characters – 11 pt; style: function text, variables, matrix-vector, digits –TNR fontR, for the rest of styles – Symbol font.
References (double column structure of a paper is preserved). A list of sources should be placed in the alphabetical order and provided with the subtitle REFERENCES. Font – TNR 10 pt, in capital letters, separated from the main text and the list of references by spaces: before 12 pt,
after 6 pt. It should be in the middle of a column. Each article should mandatory contain list of references!
Below the following is given in column:
- a full list of (co)authors, information on (co)authors, title, abstract, keywords
- block in Ukrainian: a full list of (co)authors, information on the (co)authors, title, abstract, keywords – format requirements coincides with that for the paper title;
The Editorial Board kindly asks authors to comply with the above recommendations to paper submition.
The following documents should submited to the editorial board: hard copy of a paper, an internal review, and an expert’s conclusion. Soft copy of a paper and application form filled in by authors, an internal review, and an expert’s conclusion should be sent to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
of the author submitting an article to the journal “Geodesy, Cartography and Aerial Photography”
Place of work
Address, ZIP Code