Because of wide introduction of EWSD digital switching system on modern telephone networks, the problem of the economic efficiency of its operation is highly compelling. For the solution of this task at the stage of the digital switching system design it is necessary to select an optimal switching field structure. In this work the structures of single-, three- and five-link switching fields of digital switching system EWSD V.15 built on two standard time and three spatial modules at five capacities have been simulated. For the efficiency evaluation of the thirty switching field structures the economic criterion, determined as the cost of one digital channel in equivalent switching points, has been used. As a result of the analysis it has been established that the single-link switching fields of small capacity are more effective. Three-link switching fields are implemented effectively only for small and middle capacities. Besides, they have the quality service of input paths owing to larger connectivity. Five-link switching fields in case of large capacities are ten times less expensive than single-link ones and their cost is nearly the same as the cost of three-link switching fields.
- V. Kartashevskyy and A. Roslyakov, Digital switching systems for city bell stations, Moscow, Russia: Eko-Trends, 2008. (Russian)
- J. C. Bellamy, Digital Telephony. Wiley Series in Telecommunications and Signal Processing, 2000.
- B. Goljdshtejn, Switching Systems, St-Petersburg, Russia: BHV, 2004. (Russian)
- J. Gordon Pearce, Telecommunications Switching. – New York, USA: Plenum Press, 1994.
- R. F. Rey, Engineering and Operations in the Bell System. – New Jersey, USA: AT&T Bell Laboratories, 1993.
- Richard A. Thompson, Telephone Switching System, Boston, USA: Artech House, 2000.
- K. Chaban, “The efficiency analysis of the three-link switching field of EWSD digital switching system”, in Proc. Modern Problems of Radio Engineering, Telecommunications and Computer Science (TCSET), pp. 269-270, 2011.
- K. Chaban, Ye. Chernychivskyy, and M. Yavorskyy, “The efficiency analysis of single- and three-link structures of switching fields of EWSD V 15 digital switching system”, Radioelektronika ta telekomunikatsiyi, no.738, pp. 117-123, Lviv, Ukraine: Lviv Polytechnic National University, 2012. (Ukrainian)
- K. Chaban, “The efficiency analysis of the five–link structure of EWSD digital switching system”, in Proc. XII Int. Conf. CADSM, pp. 53-55, Lviv, Ukraine: Lviv Polytechnic National University, 2013.