Transmission of electrical energy to the place of consumption is accompanied by its loss, defined by the magnitude of currents that flow through thetransmission line. As the main load is inductive in nature, the currents in the line have reactive components, which provide additional energy losses in the line. For their reduction, a capacitor set is connected in parallel or in series to the consumer. The paper proposes a method and an algorithm of the research into the influence of capacitance value of the series capacitor set on the basic parameters and characteristics of asynchronous motors (AM). Unlike the classical equivalent circuits, the developed algorithm uses a mathematical model of AM in form of nonlinear equations system, which takes into account nonlinear dependences of flux linkage on currents and current displacement in squirrel-cage rotor bars. This allows the highly accurate determination of the electromagnetic parameters of the motor and varying (due to skin effect) resistances of the rotor winding, which significantly affect the occurrence of resonance.
- A.N. Besarab, V.N. Nevolnychenko, and M.Yu. Shabovta, “Research of transients in case of individual compensation of reactive power of an asynchronous motor”, Elektromashynobuduvannia ta elektroobladnannia, vol. 68, pp. 39-44, 2007. (Russian)
- V.A. Vienekov, Transient electromechanical processes in electrical systems. Moscow, Russia: Vysshaya shkola, 1985. (Russian)
- Ya.B. Dancis and G.M. Zhylov, Capacitive compensation of reactive loads of powerful current collectors of industrial enterprises. Moscow, Russia: Energiya, 1980. (Russian)
- Yu.I. Kravchenko, Simulation of transient processes in an asynchronous motor with saturated magnetic system and current displacement in squirrel-cage rotor bars. Kyiv, Ukraine: Publishing House of Academy of Science of Ukraine, 1977. (Russian)
- V.G.Rudnyckyi and V.V. Bondarenko, Analysis of occurrence of self-excitation in induction motors in case of connecting a series capacitor in a device of voltage and reactive power control”, Elektromashynobuduvannia ta elektroobladnannia, vol. 66, pp. 232-233, 2006. (Ukranian)
- R.V. Filts, Mathematical fundamentals of theory of electrical mechanical converters. Kyiv, Ukraine: Naukova dumka, 1979. (Russian)