The paper is concerned with a method intended for forecasting electric power consumption using discrete macromodels of daily and annual electric power consumption of defined objects. The method provides the possibility of estimating qualitative characteristics of future electric power consumption based on known prior data. The procedure of development of a mathematical macromodel for the electric power consumption forecasting by using the evolution algorithms is described; it is based on the discrete autonomous macromodels in the form of state equations using "black box" approach. A discrete autonomous macromodel of annual power consumption of a real component element has been developed as a test example for the proposed technique. Effectiveness of the discrete equation apparatus application for power consumption forecasting of electric utilities has been evaluated.
- Yu. Kozak, Modification of the Rastrigin’s director cone method, Elektronika i sviaz. Special issue on Problems of Physical and Biomedical Electronics, p. 424, 1997.
- E. Salinelli and F. Tomarelli, Discrete Dynamical Models, Basel, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, 2014.
- P. Stakhiv and O. Hoholyuk, Accelerated calculation of transient processes using discrete macromodels of components on example of electric power systems, Tekhnichna elektrodynamika. Special issue on Problems of Modern Electrical Engineering, Kyiv, Part 7, pp. 17–21, 2008. (Ukrainian)
- P. Chernenko and O. Martynyuk, Enhancing the Effectiveness of Short-Term Forecasting of Electric Load of United Power System, Tekhnichna elektrodynamika, no. 1, pp. 63-70, 2012. (Ukrainian)
- S. Huang, Short-term load forecasting using threshold autoregressive models, IEE Proceedings on Generation, Transmission and Distribution, vol. 144, no. 5, pp. 477-481, 1997.
- G. Shumilova, N. Gotman, and T. Startseva, Forecasting of electric loading using artificial intelligence techniques http://www.energy.komisc.ru/seminar/StShum1.pdf
- D. Infield and D. Hill, Optimal smoothing for trend removal in short term electricity demand forecasting, IEEE Trans. on PAS, vol.13. no. 3, pp. 1115 - 1120, 1998.
- A. Singh, I. Khatoon, and Md. Muazzam, An Overview of Electricity Demand Forecasting Techniques, in Proc. National Conf. on Emerging Trends in Electrical, Instrumentation & Communication Engineering, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 38-45, 2013.