Methodology that allows estimating the values of currents on the cable core screens and choosing the method of connection and grounding of screens is considered. To achieve the objective it is necessary to develop a mathematical model and to perform corresponding numeric calculations for the design and verification of efficiency of screen transposition taking into account the mutual phase disposition.
As a result of the work, it was determined that by grounding both sides of the screens and the location of the phase cables in a row it makes sense to transpose the cable line to equalise the current values in the screens to a mean value.
- A.A. Shcherba, A.D. Podoltsev, and I.M. Kucheriava, “Electromagnetic Processes in 330 kV cable Line With Polyethylene Insulation”, Teknichna Elektrodynamika, no. 1, pp. 9–15, 2013. (Russian)
- M.V. Dmitriev and M.R. Kiyatkina, “Transposition of 6-500 kV cable shields”, Novosti elektrotekhniki, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 80-84, 2012. (Russian)
- V. Lobodzinskiy and L. Maślak, “Mathematical modeling of the three-phase high-voltage cable lines under the theory of multiterminal networks”, in Proc. IEEE 16th International Conference on Computational Problems of Electrical Engineering (CPEE), , pp. 96-98, Lviv, Ukraine, 2015.
- N. D. Tleis, Power Systems Modeling and Fault Analysis Theory and Practice, Elsevier: Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2008.
- I.M. Wedepohl and D.J. Wilcox, “Transient analysis of underground power-transmission systems. System-model and wave-propagation characteristics”, Proceedings of the Institution of Electrical Engineers, vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 253–260, 1973.