Nonlinear dynamic system with variable coefficients has been considered. For this system, after linearization, a fuzzy controller has been synthesized. Comparison with a traditional controller has been conducted. Corresponding qualitative and quantitative estimates have been provided.
At first, the general approach to the design of controllers of nonlinear systems is described. These theoretical considerations are applied to the design of controllers of linear systems. In this case, the object model is the same in all subsystems of the family. In the case of nonlinear systems, we suggest an approach to the design of controllers that ensures the desired behavior of the system. The paper considers the case when a controller synthesized for one of the subsystems ensures its unstable behavior.
The paper consists of seven sections. In the first section a comparison with existing approaches is done, in the next section a description of the investigated system is given. The third section is devoted to the design of controller that takes into account the nonlinearities of the system, in the fourth section the controller for a linear system with variable parameters is introduces and in the next section a controller of nonlinear system with variable parameters is described. In the sixth section the object that is use as an example in this paper is described. Obtained results are given in the seventh section. The paper ends with conclusions.
- A.S. Mousumi Mukherjee, “Controller Design for Lipschitz Nonlinear System using Linear Matrix Inequalities”, in Proc. 2014 Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON), India, 2014.
- W. Chai and J. Qiao, “Nonlinear System Modeling and Fault Detection Method Using Set Membership Estimation and T -S Fuzzy Model”, in Proc. 10th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, Beijing, China, 2012.
- J.C. Doyle and Wei-Min Lu, “A State Space Approach to Robustness Analysis and Synthesis for Nonlinear Uncertain Systems”, in Proc. Technical memorandum NO.CIT-CDS 94-010, pp.1-37, 1994.
- C.Chen and G.Feng, “Stabilization of A Class of Nonlinear Continuous Time Systems via Fuzzy Control Approach”, in Proc. 2005 IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control, Limassol, Cyprus, 2005.
- S. Khanmohammadi, H. Kharrati, W. Pedrycz, and G. Alizedeh, “Improved Polynomial Fuzzy Modeling and Controller with Stability Analysis for Nonlinear Dynamical Systems”, Mathematical Problems in engineering, p. 21, 2012.
- A. Lozynskyy and L. Demkiv, “Stability Analisys of the system with Takagi-Sugeno controller”, Artificial Intelligence, p. 545–549, Donetsk, Ukraine: Nauka i osvita Publishing house of Institute of Atificual Intelligence, 2008. (Ukrainian)
- A. Lozynskyy and L. Demkiv, “Application of fuzzy model at synthesis of automatic control system for nonlinear objects”, Elektromechanichni ta enerhozberihajuchi systemy, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 24-30, 2015. (Ukrainian)
- V.I. Hostev, Fuzzy controllers in automation control systems. Kyiv, Ukraine: Radioamator, 2008. (Russian)
- T. Takagi and M. Sugeno, “Fuzzy identificationof systems and its application to modeling and control”, in Proc. IEEE Trans. on Syst. SMC-15, pp. 116-132, 1985.
- A. Piegat, Fuzzy modeling and control, Warsaw, Poland: EXIT, 2003. (Polish)
- K. Szabat, T. Orłowska-Kowalska, and P. Serkies, “Robust Control of the Two-mass Drive System Using Model Predictive Control”, in Robust Control Theory and Applications, InTech, 2011.
- F. Lin, Robust Control Design: An Optimal Control Approach, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 2007.
- B. Polyak and J. Tsypkin, Robust stability and control. Moscow, Russia: Nauka, 2002. (Russian).
- Ya. Marushchack, A. Lozynskyy, and A. Kushnir, Dynamics of two-mass stabilization mode in electric arc furnaces. Lviv, Ukraine: Lvivska politekhnika, 2011. (Ukrainian)
- A. Lozynskyy, Ya. Parahcnuk, and L. Demkiv, “Investigation of the translation of electrode arc furnace with a fuzzy controller”, Tekhnichna Elektrodynamika, no.2, p.73-77, 2014.(Ukrainian)
- I. Nagrath and M. Gopal, Control systems engineering, New Delhi, India: New age International, 2011.
- M. Duarte-Mermoud, R. Prieto, “Performance index for quality response of dynamical systems”. ISA Transactions, no.43, p. 133-151, 2004.