This article discusses the methods and possibilities of using modern laboratory equipment based on PLC-control technology and Variable Frequency Drives in the educational process of the National University "Odessa Maritime Academy" to improve the preparation quality of ship electro-technical officers and mechanical engineers.
Modern tendencies in automation of ship power propulsions, power generation and distribution, ship electromechanical systems and complexes require a high level of cadet training to ensure the successful solution of complex tasks of operation and maintenance of control and automation systems. The paper focuses on the possibilities of laboratory equipment usage, based on Mitsubishi Electric modern programmable logic controllers FX3U, iQ-R and Alpha 2, frequency inverters FR-E700, FR-F800 and graphic operation terminals (Human-Machine Interfaces) GOT 1000 in education process and scientific researches.
- M. Mukha, A. Shestaka, and A. Drankova, “Operational problems of ship electromechanical systems with PLC control”, In Proc. 9-th International Scientific and Practical Conference "Modern energy installations on transport, technologies and equipment for their servicing" September 13-14, pp. 254-256, Kherson: Kherson State Maritime Academy, 2018.
- M. Mukha, A. Drankova, V. Bousher, and A. Shestaka, “PLC-based ship’s electromechanical systems laboratory”, In Proc. 13–th International Conference on the Engine Room Simulators, September, 20-21, Odessa, Ukraine: National University “Odessa Maritime Academy”, pp. 183-190, 2017. ISBN 978-966-7591-72-4.
- M. Mukha “About practical preparation on the full mission simulator complex of the ship’s automated electric power plant”, In Proc. 13–th International Conference on the Engine Room Simulators, September, 20–21, Odessa, Ukraine: National University “Odessa Maritime Academy”, pp. 57-64, 2017. –ISBN 978-966-7591-72-4.
- M. Mukha and A. Drankova Simulator of the ship's electric power system // Patent UA99959 Ukraine, IPC (2015.01), G09B 09/00, request № u201501660 from 25.02.2015, published by 25.06.2015, Bulletin № 12. – 6 p. (Ukrainian)
- A. Drankova, M.Mukha, and A. Shestaka, “Laboratory of microcontroller control and modeling of electromechanical systems”, Electrotechnical and computer systems. Scientific and Technical Journal, vol. 91, no. 15, pp. 435-440, ISSN 2221-3805 (Print). – К. Technique, 2014. (Russian)
- M. Mukha and A. Drankova, “On the practical training of ship electricians and mechanics”, Electrotechnical and computer systems. Scientific and Technical Journal, vol. 91, no. 15, pp. 416-422, ISSN 2221-3805 (Print). – К. Technique. – 2014. (Russian)
- International Convention on standards of training, certification and watchkeeping for seafarers, 1978 (consolidation text with Manila amendments) – K.: VPK “Expres-Poligraf”, 2012. – 568 p. (Ukrainian)