This paper deals with the accuracy of gas flow temperature measurement in natural gas metering systems. The effect of heat exchange between thermometer well and the pipe wall on the accuracy of gas flow temperature measurement is investigated. A mathematical model is proposed to calculate the additional systematic error of gas flow temperature measurement caused by heat exchange between thermometer well and the pipe wall. Calculation results were compared to the corresponding experimental values of this error. The maximum relative deviation of calculation results from experimental values does not exceed 6 %. The effect of gas flow temperature measurement error on the accuracy of gas flow rate and volume measurement is analyzed. Measures are proposed to minimize the additional systematic error of gas flow temperature measurement and to improve the accuracy of natural gas metering.
- Pistun Y. Normalization of pressure differential flowmeters / Y. Pistun, L. Lesovoi // Publishing House of Institute of Energy Audit and Energy Carrier Accounting. – Lviv, 2006. – 576 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Fedoryshyn R. Influence of heat exchange processes on the accuracy of natural gas volume measurement / R. Fedoryshyn, F. Matiko, Ye. Pistun // Papers of The 15th VDE/ITG/GMA Conference “Sensors and Measuring Systems 2010”. Nuremberg, Germany. – 2010. – P. 597–601.
- Labay V. Heat and mass exchange / V. Labay. – Lviv: Triada Plus Publishing House, 2004. – 260 p. (in Ukrainian).
- R. McBrien. Effect of low flow and extreme ambient conditions on thermowell performance / R. McBrien, J. Geerligs // Proceedings of The 8th ISFFM. – Colorado Springs, CO, USA. – June 20–22, 2012. – P. 1–9.
- WIKA Instruments Ltd., Product Catalogue, 8th ed., June 2007.
- ISO 13443:1996 Natural gas – Standard reference conditions.
- MVU 034/03-2008 Volume of Natural Gas at Standard Conditions. Typical technique of measurement by means of a gas meter and a corrector of the gas volume.
- Ficco G. Metrological performance of diaphragm gas meters in distribution networks. Flow Measurement and Instrumentation / G. Ficco, 2014. – Р. 37, 65–72. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.flowmeasinst.2014.03.005