The possibility of application of glass capillary tubes (CTs) as sensors of small and micro flowrates of gases was justified. The accuracy of a number of CTs flowrate equations was analyzed on the basis of experimental studies of CTs flowrate characteristics. It was shown that CTs can be applied as primary devices of small and micro flowrates of gases without individual calibration. The results of studies on the dynamic properties of gas dynamical capillary flowmeters of small and micro flowrates of gases constructed on the basis of glass CTs in the branches of a measuring bridge diagram are presented. The effects of various factors on the dynamic properties of the gas dynamical capillary flowrate transducers (GDCFTs) were analyzed. Recommendations on construction of the inter-capillary pneumatic measuring chambers (PMCs) of GDCFTs to provide the needed dynamic properties of the flowmeters are presented. The technique for defining the needed ratio of PMCs volumes in a GDCFT to provide the needed dynamic properties of the flowmeters on the stage of their design and construction is described.
- Kremlevskiy P. P. Flow and Volume Meters. – Leninhrad : Mashynostroenie, 1975. – 776 p. (in Russian)
- Dembovskiy V. V. Peculiarities of gas flow in capillary channels // Measurement instrumentation. – 1968. – No. 6. – p. 44–45. (in Russian)
- Zaporozhets V. P., Vlasov Yu. D., Lavrov K. G. Design of capillaries applied for dosing small volumes of gases // Measurement instrumentation. – 1974. – No. 5. – p. 27. (in Russian)
- Zaporozhets V. P. Metrological peculiarities of capillary method of gas viscosity measurement // Metrology. – 1975. – No. 10. – p. 37–41. (in Russian)
- Zalmanzon L. A. Flow-through elements of pneumatic devices for monitoring and control. – M.: Publ. House of AS of USSR, 1961. – 248 p.
- Stasiuk I. D. Development of gas dynamical capillary transducers of small and micro flowrates of gases: Abstract of Dissertation of Cand. of Techn. Sci.: 05.11.01 / A. Snechkus Kaunas Polytechnic Institute. – Kaunas, 1988. – 17 p. (in Russian)
- GOST 1224-71. Thermometric glass. Grades. – Moscow : Publ. House of Standards. (in Russian)
- Pistun E. P., Stasiuk I. D., Tepliukh Z. M. Investigation of flowrate curves of capillary elements of measurement instruments // Control and Measurement Instrumentation. – 1985. – Issue 38. – p. 44–46. (in Russian)
- Pistun E. P., Stasiuk I. D., Tepliukh Z. M. Definition of flowrate curves of capillary elements // Automation and control and measurement instrumentation in oil-refinery and oil-chemical industry. – 1982. – No. 4. p. 28–30. (in Russian)
- Copyright Certificate No. 1278584 (USSR). Device for measurement of small flowrates // E. P. Pistun, I. D. Stasiuk, Bulletin No. 47, 1986. (in Russian)
- Pistun E. P., Stasiuk I. D. Investigation of dynamical properties of gas dynamical capillary flowmeters of small and micro flowrates of gases // Methods and Instruments for Quality Control. – 2000. – No. 5. – p. 35–38. (in Ukrainian)