This work deals with the investigation of influence of flow pulsation on the accuracy of gas flowrate and volume measurement by means of the differential pressure flowmeters. Experimental studies of the step response curves of an impulse line with a pressure transducer (PT) were carried out with application of a high-frequency analog-to-digital converter of the pressure signal in the PT chamber. Mathematical model of an impulse line with a PT was built. This model provides simulation and investigation of the transient processes with high accuracy. The influence of the impulse line design (length, diameter) on the step response curves and on the frequency response curves as well as on the resonant frequency of the oscillating system (an impulse line with a PT chamber) was studied. The systematic errors of flowrate and volume measurement due to the resonance in the impulse lines which was caused by flow pulsation were simulated and studied for an acting differential pressure natural gas metering system. On the basis of the calculation results, it was defined that amplification of the amplitude of the oscillating signal of the differential pressure due to the resonance may lead to a negative systematic error of gas volume measurement. The systematic errors of gas flowrate and volume measurement caused by the flow pulsation can be reduced by choosing the correct design of the impulse lines in order to avoid the resonance.
- Kostyk I. V., Matiko F. D. Investigation of Dynamic Characteristics of Impulse Lines of Pressure Measuring Transducers // Methods and devices for quality control. – 2014 – No. 1(32). – p. 83–92 (in Ukrainian).
- Fedoryshyn R. M., Hren, Y. V., Matiko F. D. Simulation of Dynamic Characteristics of Impulse Lines of Differential Pressure Flowmeters // Proc. of LPNU: Heat Power Engineering. Environmental Engineering. Automation. – 2009. – No. 659. – p. 73–78 (in Ukrainian).
- ISO/TR 3313:1998 Measurement of fluid flow in closed conduits — Guidelines on the effects of flow pulsations on flow-measurement instruments.
- Kremlevskiy P. P. Flow and Volume Meters: Reference Book. – 4th edition. – Leningrad. Mashynostroenie, 1989. – 701 p. (in Russian).
- DSTU GOST 8.586.5:2007 Measurement of Flowrate and Volume of Liquids and Gases by Means of the Standard Differential Pressure Devices. Part 5. Measurement Technique. – Kyiv. National Organization for Standardization in Ukraine (in Ukrainian).
- Kulinchenko V. R. Hydraulics, Hydraulic Machines and Drives: Text Book. Kyiv. “Inkos”, 2006. – 616 p. (in Ukrainian).
- GOST 30319.2-96 Natural Gas. Methods for Calculation of Physical Properties. Definition of the Compressibility Coefficient. (in Russian)
- Altshul A. D. Hydraulic Resistances. – 2nd ed. Moscow, Nedra, 1982, 224 p. (in Russian).
- Pistun Y. P., Lesovoi L. V., Matiko F. D., Markovskyi D. I., Lesovoi R. L. “Raskhod-RU” CAD software. User Manual. Lviv. Publishing House of Institute of Energy Audit and Energy Carrier Accounting, 2007 – 127 p. (in Ukrainian).