Purpose. Getting new knowledge about the processes in the centers and focal areas of perceptible earthquakes in the Pre-Carpathians And Trans-Carpathians . Methodology. To study the processes of faulting we used a technique which is based on the notion of the source as a moving, extended source.The parameters of azimuth hodograph τ (Az) - travel time of focal waves Pi –are used to determine the length of the rupture, the rate of its ripping, the propagation direction of the rupture in the focal zone of the earthquake. The results are compared with the maps of isoseismals and tectonics of the earthquake area. Results. The rupture parameters in perceptible earthquakes foci: Mikulinetsky (2002), Kolchinsky (2006) and Beregovsky (2006) have been restored. With weaker Kolchinsky and Mikulinetskom earthquakes hodograph τ (Az) has one maximum, which corresponds to the unidirectional tear.During Beregovsky earthquake the ripping process in the source was complex developing in two opposite directions from the initial hypocenter: in the azimuths Az1 = 290º and Az2 = 110º along the stretch of Pripannonsky deep fault and the major elongation axis of isoseismals. The ripping speed in all cases did not exceed the value of C = 5 km / s. It is shown that in the focal areas of the studied earthquakes the faulting processes developed along active deep faults of diagonal orientation. The linear dimensions L and the time of the foci "life" T within the error of value determination corresponded to those of average long-term relationships L(Кр) and T (L). for this energy level.
Scientific novelty. New data about the faulting processes in the focal areas of the studied earthquakes have been obtained for the first time. They complement the existing statistics on focal parameters in Trans-Carpathians region and extend the energy range in the direction of both small (Kolchinsky) and stronger (Beregivske) seismic events. . Practical significance. New data on the kinematic parameters of the source zones of relatively weak shocks in the Pre-Carpathians and Trans-Carpathians serve as the basis for constructing models of strong earthquake sources for long-term seismic hazard assessment of the area under study, and predictive modeling of seismic effects.
- Gorbunova I.V., Boychuk A.N., Dotsev N.I., Kal'met'eva Z.A., Kapitanova S.A., Kuchay O.A., Mikhaylova N.N., Pustovitenko B.G., Simbireva I.G, Tovmasyan A.K. Interpretatsiya ochagovykh voln na zapisyakh zemletryaseniy[Interpretation of sourse waves on the records of earthquake]. Moscow-Bishkek: Nauka, 1992, 130 p.
- Gorbunova I.V., Pustovitenko B.G. Novaya metodologiya izucheniya slozhnogo seysmicheskogo razryvoobrazovaniya [A new metod of studying complex stismic rupturing]. Geophys. Journal, 1997, 19. No. 3, pp. 42-47.
- Pronishin R.S., Verbitskiy S.T., Stasyuk A.F. Mikulinetskoe zemletryasenie 3 yanvarya 2002 goda s MLH=3.7, Kr=10.8, I0=6 (Ukraina)[Mikulinezks earthquake 03.01.2002 with MLH=3.7,Кр=6 ( Ukrajina)]. Zemletryaseniya Severnoy Evrazii v 2002 godu [Earthquakes of the Northern Eurasia,2002]. Obninsk: GS RAS, 2008, pp. 300-315.
- Pronishin R.S., Verbitskiy S.T., Stasyuk A.F., Verbitskiy Yu.T., Kornienko E.E. Roy Kol'chinskikh zemletryaseniy 2006 g. (Ukraina, Zakarpat'e)[Kolchino swarm earthquakes in 2006 ( Ukraine,Transcarpathia)]. Zemletryaseniya Severnoy Evrazii v 2006 godu. [Earthquakes of the Northern Eurasia, 2006]. Obninsk: GS RAS, 2012a, pp. 301-307.
- Pronishin R.S., Stasyuk A.F., Verbitskiy Yu.T., Pustovitenko A.A., Kornienko E.E., Yarema I.I., Narivna M.M. Beregovskoe-III zemletryasenie 15 noyabrya Kr=8.8, I0=4–5; Beregovskoe-IV zemletryasenie 23 noyabrya 2006 g. s Kr=12.1, I0=6 (Ukraina, Zakarpat'e) [Beregobsky earthquake-III on November 15 with Кр=8.8, I0=4-5; Beregobsky earthquake-IV on November 23 with Кр=12.1, I0=6 ( Ukraine,Transcarpathia)] ]// Zemletryaseniya Severnoy Evrazii v 2006 godu. [Earthquakes of the Northern Eurasia, 2006]– Obninsk: GS RAS, 2012b, pp. 412-427.
- Pustovitenko B.G., Kapitanova S.A. Novye kharakteristiki ochagovykh parametrov zemletryaseniy Zakarpat'ya [A new focal parameters of the Transcarpathia's earthquakes] // Seysmologicheskiy byulleten' Ukrainy za 1994 [ Seismological bulletin of Ukraine, 1994]. Simferopol': IG NANU, KES, 1996, pp. 62-67.
- Pustovitenko A.A., Pronishin R.S. Mekhanizm ochaga Beregovskogo zemletryaseniya 23 noyabrya 2006 g.[ Mechanics of Sourse of Beregobsky earthquake on November 23,2006]. Geodynamics, 2011, no. 2(11), pp. 260-262.
- Stroenie zemnoy kory i verkhney mantii po dannym seysmicheskikh issledovaniy. Otv. red. Sollogub V.B. [Structure of the crust and upper mantle according to seismic surveys. Executive Editor Sollogub V.B]. Kiev: Nauk. dumka, 1977, 310 p.