Purpose. Create geological and tectonic and geological and geodynamic models of the vast region, concluded between the Black and Caspian Seas, which is part of the Alpine-Himalayan mobile folding system. Methods. Reinterpretation of geological, geophysical and field materials, using the data of aerospace research, and also research data thermobaric cuts deep wells. Results. Joint analysis and processing of geological and geophysical data using the data in the deep and ultra-deep wells in the region, revealed some of the features and conditions of geotectonic development, and the formation of the deep structure of the central part of the Alpine-Himalayan folded, including a regional belt meganticlinorium Greater Caucasus and adjacent area zones Kura, Rion and South Caspian basins. It is shown that the central part of the Alpine-Himalayan fold system genesis of his duty not only to rising tectonic movements of the crust, but also those due to the regional - near the horizontal direction - the movement of crustal blocks and subcrustal space. The dynamics of changes in the direction of the fall planes deep faults separates meganticlinorium Greater and Lesser Caucasus on the Rioni and Kura depression. A series of further information on the nature and occurrence of the region themselves geodynamic processes, including earthquakes and dedicated to the individual blocks of the modeling of the crust. It was found that along the entire Apsheron Balkhan fold zone total thickness of the crust is about 40-48 km. And, within the adjacent territories of the Middle and South Caspian, they do not exceed 30-35 km. Originality. For the first time we were able to determine the dynamics of changes in the direction of the fall planes deep faults separates meganticlinorium Greater and Lesser Caucasus on the Rioni and Kura depression. Practical significance. Analysis of the materials allows at present the achievements of geosciences again produce seismological zoning of the various blocks of the crust of the Alpine-Himalayan fold system, including its Crimea-Caucasus part also nominate one of the arguments in favor of explaining the geological and tectonic and geodynamic nature of the region with positions of plate tectonics.
- Ahmedov G.A., Kulikov V.I., Kerimov K.M. Geofizicheskie polja i glubinnoe stroenie zemnoj kory Zakavkaz'ja. [Geophysical field and deep crustal structure of the Caucasus] Geofizicheskie polja i stroenie zemnoj kory Zakavkaz'ja [Geophysical field and crustal structure of the Caucasus]. Moscow: Nauka [Moscow: Science], 1985, pp. 33-43.
- Beljaevskij N.A., Vol'vovskij N.S., Rjabov V.Z.- Sejsmicheskaja rasslojonnost' zemnoj kory i verhnej mantii [Seismic pullback of the crust and upper mantle] V kn. Prirody sejsmicheskih granic v zemnoj kore [Proc. Nature seismic boundaries in the crust], M.: Nauka, AN SSSR [Moscow.: Science, Academy of Sciences of the USSR], 1971г.
- Gugunava G.E. K Voprosu vzaimosvjazi nekotoryh geofizicheskih polej i glubinnogo stroenija Kavkaza [On the question of the relationship of some geophysical fields and the deep structure of the Caucasus] V kn. Geofizicheskie polja i stroenie zemnoj kory Zakavkaz'ja [Proc. Geophysical field and crustal structure of the Caucasus], M.: Nauka, [Moscow: Science], 1985, pp. 70-79.
- Kerimov K.M., Bajramov A.A. O prirode nekotoryh sejsmicheskih granic v razreze Zemnoj kory Kurinskoj vpadiny [On the nature of some of the seismic boundaries in the crustal section Kura depression] Sovetskaja geologija, [Soviet Geology], no.1, 1979.
- Kerimov K.M., Bagir-zade F.M., Salaev S.G. Glubinnoe stroenie i neftegazonosnost' Kurinskoj vpadiny po dannym geofizicheskih issledovanij [Deep structure and oil and gas Kura depression on geophysical data] Baku, „Azerneshr” [Baku, "Azerneshr], 1980, 391p.
- Hain V.E. Barencevo–Kaspijskij pojas neftegozonostnosti odin iz krupnejshih v mire [Barents Caspian zone neftegozonostnosti one of the largest in the world] Aзербайджанское нефтяное хозяйство [Azerbaijan oil industry] Baku, 1997, no. 9-10, pp. 4-8.
- Kerim M. Kerimov The huge oil-gas potential of Azerbaijan (perspectives of further exploration) Baku, „CBS” Production, 2009, 431p.