Purpose. To demonstrate the natural pulsed electromagnetic field of the Earth (NIEMFE) method efficiency in areal and wells options with monitoring investigations realization and leveling the obtained results with engineering and geological research of landslides, using the area of the right bank of the Kyiv hydroelectric power station reservoir as an example. Methodology. The works were done in 2009, 2011 and 2013 in areal option and in 2013 – in wells option. In the areal option the measurements were done by a series of profiles on the area of up to 105 m2. The measurements in the wells were done with special transducer connected by a cable with an indicator unit. Results. The diagrams on individual profiles and maps of the NIEMFE intensity distribution were built based on the areal measurements results. The areas with abnormal stress-strain state of rock mass were determinated on this maps. These areas were fully agreed with the dynamics of landslide development in this region and with the engineering and geological research data. Probable boundaries of farther landslide advance into the depth of a still unaffected region were forecasted based on the analysis of these diagrams and maps. Diagrams of the NIEMFE intensity distribution with depth were given and the level of stressed surfaces and areas was detected as a result of earth wells sounding. Two levels of stress concentration were detected in the landslide rock mass in the mostly sounded earth wells. Originality. The NIEMFE method efficiency in areal and earth wells options for landslide processes study was demonstrated. The obtained results fully agreed with the engineering and geological researches data and with the dynamics of landslide development in this region. Practical significance. According to the demonstrated result, the NIEMFE method is obviously very effective in the studies of landslide processes at the moment of their starting as well as for their monitoring. Using the NIEMFE method with both areal and earth wells options gives us an opportunity to not only estimate the stress-strain state of the rock mass over the area but also monitor the depth of its distribution. That is why the NIEMFE method should be included as far as possible into the basic complex of geophysical methods of landslide processes studies. Herewith, it is reasonable to provide a preliminary research using the NIEMFE method for the landslide regions with an aim to gеt a general view of the region state.
1. Bessmertnyy A. F. Kompleksnye geofizicheskie issledovaniya opolzney i postroenie prognoznykh modeley ikh aktivnosti (na primere Yuzhnogo berega Kryma): dis. kand. geol. nauk [Complex factoring and signing investigating of the landslides and construction models for presage them activity (on example of South Crimea bank ): PhD in Geology thesis]. Kyiv, 2004, 177 p.
2. Bileush A. I. Opolzni i protivoopolznevye meropriyatiya [Landslides and landslide control]. Kyiv : Naukova dumka [Scientific thought], 2009, 560 p.
3. E. D. Kuz'menko, A. F. Bezsmertnij, O. P. Vdovina, І. V. Kriv'juk, V. D. Cheban, L. V. Shtogrin; za red. E. D. Kuz'menka Doslіdzhennja zsuvnih procesіv geofіzichnimi metodami [Investigation of landslides processes by geophysical methods], Іvano-Frankіvsk: ІFNTUNG, 2009, 294 p.
4. Yerysh I. F. Salomatin V. N. Opolzni Kryma. Chast 1. Istoriya otechestvennogo opolznevedeniya [Landslides of the Crimea. Vol. 1. The history of native landslide sсience]. Simferopol: Apostrof [Apostrophe], 1999, 249 p.
5. Bokovoy V. P., Levashov S. P., Yakimchuk N. A., Korchagin I. N. Kartirovanie opolznevykh uchastkov i zon povyshennogo obvodneniya gruntov kompleksom geofizicheskikh metodov na sklone r. Dnepr v g. Kiev [Mapping the landslide areas and water-flooded rock areas by the complex of geophysical methods on the Dnepr's river slopes in the Kyiv]. Dop. NAN Ukraїni [NAS of Ukraine reports]. 2003, no. 11, pp. 96–103.
6. Koval'chuk S. P. Postav' svoj dom pravil'no, (praktika geofizicheskogo metoda EIJeMPZ) [Put your house properly (practice of MNIMFE geophysical method)], Odessa: Chernomorec, 2003, 112 p.
7. Kry`vyuk I. V. Vy`znachennya zsuvnoyi nebezpeky` lokal`nogo rivnya z vy`kory`stannyam geofizy`chny`x metodiv: dy`s. kand. geol. nauk [The determination of landslide hazard of a local level using geophysical methods: PhD in Geology thesis]. Kyiv, 2012, 170 p.
8. Natsionalna dopovid pro stan tekhnohennoi ta pryrodnoi bezpeky v Ukraini u 2014 rotsi [National Report on the State of Techno and Natural Safety in Ukraine in 2014]. Kyiv: DP "Ahenstvo Chornobylinform", 2015, 365 p.
9. Cheban V. D. Kompleks heofizychnykh metodiv prohnozuvannya zsuviv na prykladi Zakarpattya [Complex of geophysical methods of landslide forecasting, based on the Trans Carpathian region: PhD in Geology thesis]. Ivano-Frankivsk, 2002, 183 p.
10. Kyoji Sassa, Paolo Canuti, Yueping Yin. Landslide Science for a Safer Geoenvironment: Volume 1: The International Programme on Landslides (IPL). SpringerLink: Bücher, Springer, 2014, 493 p.
11. Kyoji Sassa, Paolo Canuti, Yueping Yin. Landslide Science for a Safer Geoenvironment: Vol. 2: Methods of Landslide Studies. SpringerLink: Bücher, Springer, 2014, 851 p.
12. Kyoji Sassa, Paolo Canuti, Yueping Yin. Landslide Science for a Safer Geoenvironment: Vol. 3: Targeted Landslides. SpringerLink: Bücher, Springer, 2014, 717 p.
13. Materials of proceedings 33rd International Geological Congress, Oslo, Norway 6-14th August 2008.CD-ROM.