- All Volumes and Issues
- Geodynamics of formation of the transition zone between the Dnieper-Donets basin and the Donbas foldbelt. Tectonic style of inversion deformations
- Aim of the work is tectonophysical identify the totality of the deformation structures of the collisional evolutionary stage, which determine the tectonic style of the Transition Zone between Dnieper-Donets Basin and the Donbas Foldbelt. Methods. For the research, we used the author's technique for reconstructing the fields of tectonic deformations and tectonophysical analysis of geostructures. The analytical base of the research was made up of new materials of geological mapping of the territory of the transition zone between the Basin and the Foldbelt. Results. Inversion deformations of the Dnieper-Donets Paleorift were controlled by lattices of tectonites of regionally stable submeridional directions of movements. An analysis of structural patterns of tectonites indicates over the riftogenic faults of the basement in the sedimentary cover of the transition zone, echeloned stages of plumage are formed, composed of thrusts with a significant component of horizontal displacement. The tectonic style of the Transition Zone is determined by the pushing on the low dislocation autochthonous of the Basin of the repeatedly deformed, crumpled into the folds of sedimentary geomas from the Foldbelt. The allochthon structural and tectonic framework consists of thrusts, coulisse-jointed structural ensembles of thrusts, folded covers of transverse extrusion of geomas from axial to side zones, and folded covers of longitudinal thrust towards the depression. All together its form the Western Donets Cover-folded Region, the main structural element of which is the Segment of the Tectonic Wedging of geomass. The north-eastern flank of the Segment is formed by linear anticlinal zones - Torsky-Drobishivska, North-Donets, Matrossko-Toshkovska, south-western - Petrovsko-Novotroitska. The structural apex of the Segment is a tectonic junction at the ends of dynamically conjugated thrusts in the area of the joint of the salt-dome shafts of the axial part of the Basin. Scientific novelty. The tectonic inversion is responsible for the formation of three folded structural floors - the Herzinian, Laramian and Attic. According to the dynamically coupled lattice, a cover-folding system of tectonic thrusting was formed in them, which was first diagnosed as a Segment of Tectonic Wedging of geomas by the Donbas Foldbelt. On the basis of this, within the Transtition Zone, a Western-Donetsk cover-folded Region was separated, covering two tectonic areas in intensity and style of deformation of the sedimentary cover - Kalmius-Toretsky area of scaly covering in the southwestern part, which is limited to the South Donbass Melange Zone in the south, and the Lugansk-Kamyshuvakhsky area of the coulisse-jointed uplift-folding on the northeastern part, which from the north is limited by the low-folded Mesozoic-Cenozoic cover. They are separated by the Central Zone of Strike-slip control along the axial folded zone of large stage-jointed uplift-folds, which include Great-Kamyshuvakhska, Novotroitska, Druzhkovsko-Konstantinovska and Main anticlines. Practical significance. Based on the actual geo-mapping data, it is proved the riftogenic structure in the southeast of the Dnieper-Donets Paleorift is destroyed by folding at the stages of platform activation. Allocation of territory of the Western Donetsk Сover-folded Region allow to correct the scheme of tectonic zoning of the Dnieper-Donets Basin, which is the basis for modeling the geodynamics of the Transition Zone formation.
- 1. Atlas of the geological structure and oil and gas potential of the Dnieper-Donetsk basin. (1984). Ed. Yu. Arsiriy, V. Vitenko, Paliy, A. Tsypko. Kiev: Mingeo USSR, 216 p.
2. Bartashchuk, O., Suyarko, V. (2018). Horizontal displacements of geomassages in continental rifting geostructures (on the example of the Dnieper-Donetsk paleorift). Part 1. Structural manifestations of tectonic flow in the foundation. Bulletin of VN Karazin Kharkiv National University. Series "Geology. Geography. Ecology". 49, 10-23.
3. Bartashchuk, O. (2019). Evolution of the stress-deformed field of the Earth crust of Dnieper-Donetsk paleorift at Phanerozoic. Reports of The National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 3, 62-71.
4. Geological history of the territory of Ukraine. (1993). Paleozoic. Otv. Ed. P. Tsegelnyuk. Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 199 p.
5. Geology and oil and gas potential of the Dnieper-Donetsk basin. (1989). Deep structure and geotectonic development. Otv. ed. W. Gavrish. Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 208 p..
6. Goryaynov, S. (1999). About Alpine complication of geological structure in various re-gions of Ukraine. Reports of The National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 8, 106-111.
7. Goryaynov, S. (2004). About the Laramide complication of geological structures of Ukraine. Reports of The National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 12, 114-121.
8. Goryainov, S. ed. (2009). Metamorphic and metasomatic complexes of Priazovye and South Donbass. Kharkov: Ecograph, 304.
9. Map of rupture faults and main zones of lineaments of the south-west of the USSR (using space survey materials) scale 1: 000 000, Editor N. Krylov. Moscow: Ministry of Geology of the USSR, 1988. 4 p.
10. Precambrian structural zoning map of the southwestern part of the Eastern European platform. M: 1: 1000000 / ed. LS Galetsky. Set of maps "Geology and metallogeny of the southwestern part of the Eastern European platform" M: 1: 1000000. Ch. ed. A. Zaritsky. Kiev: Goskomgeologiya, Geoprognoz, Tsentrgeologiya, PO "Belarus", VSEGEI, Voronezh State University, 1992, 6 pages.
11. Kopp, M. & Korchemagin, V. (2010). Cenozoic stress strain fields of the Donbass and their probable sources. Geodynamics, 1(9), Lviv, 17-48.
12. Kopp, M., Kolesnichenko, A., Mostryukov, A. & Vasilev, N. (2017). Reconstruction of Cenozoic stress and deformations in the eastern east european platform with its regional and practical application. Geodynamics, 2 (23), 46-66.
13. Korchemagin V., Ryaboshtan Y. Tectonics and stress Korchemagin, V. & Ryaboshtan, Yu. (1987). Tectonics and stress fields of Donbass. Fields of stress and strain in the Earth's crust. Moscow: Science, 164-170.
14. Metamorphic and metasomatic complexes of the Priazovye and Southern Donbass. Goryainov S., Aksenov S., Altukhov and others; under ed. S. Goryainov. Kharkiv: Ecograph, 2009. 304 p.
15. Nenakhov, V. M, Shchipansky, A. A. Mineragenic studies of territories with a two-tiered structure (on the example of the Voronezh crystalline massif). Moscow: Geocratgeos. 2007. 284p
16. Orlyuk, M. & Ishchenko, M. (2019). Comparative analysis of modern deformation and the latest movements of the earth's surface on the territory of Ukraine. Geophysical Journal, 4 (41), 161-181.
17. Forecast of localization and gas bearing capacity of lithological traps of the south-east of the DDZ within the license areas of GPU "Shebelinkagazvydobuvannya". Part 1. Creating a structural-geological basis: a report on research (final). UkrNDIgaz: resp. вик. S. Goryainov, Yu. Sklyarenko. Contract №100 SHGV 2017-2017 (topic № 34.521 / 2017-2017). Kharkiv, 2017. 203 p.
18. Rebetskiy, Y. (2002) Overview of methods for reconstruction of tectonic stresses and increments of seismotectonic deformations. Tectonics today. Moscow: OIFZ of Academy of Sciences of Russia, 227-243.
19. Sollogub, V. B. (1986). Lithosphere of Ukraine. Kiev: Science. thought, 183 p.
20. Starostenko V. I. (2017). Pashkevich IK, Makarenko IB, etc. Heterogeneity of the lithosphere of the Dnieper-Donetsk basin and its geodynamic consequences. Part 2. Geodynamic interpretation. Geodynamics. 2 (23). 83-102.
21. Stovba, S. (2008). Geodynamic evolution of the Dnieper-Donetsk basin and Donbass: diss. ... Dr. g. n. - Kiev: Research Institute of Oil. and gas. prom. (DP "Naukanaftogaz"), 495 p.
22. Tectonics of Ukraine. Ed. S. S. Круглова, А. К. Tsypko. Moscow: Nedra, 1988. 254 p.
23. Tectonic map of Ukraine. Scale 1: 1,000,000. Resp. ed. S. Kruglov, D. Gursky. 2007.
24. Chebanenko, I., Klochko, V., Verkhovtsev, V. (1991). Correlation of structural plans, fault-block tectonics of the Dnieper-Donetsk avlacogen with oil and gas potential. Sat. scientific tr. "Problems of oil and gas potential of crystalline rocks". Kiev: Science. opinion, pp. 60-64
25. Meijers, M. J., Hamers, M. F., van Hinsbergen, D. J., D. G., Kitchka, A., Langereis, C. G. & Stephenson, R. A. (2010). New late Paleozoic paleopoles from the Donbas Foldbelt (Ukraine): New late Paleozoic paleopoles from the Donbas Foldbelt (Ukraine): Implications for the Pangea A vs. B controversy. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 297(1-2), 18-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsl.2010.05.028.
26. Natal'in, B. A. & Sengor, A.M.C. (2005). Late Paleozoic to Triassic evolution of the Turan and Scythian platforms: the prehistory Paleo-Thethian closure. Tectonophisics, 404 (3-4), 175-202. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tecto.2005.04.011.
27. Stampfli, G. M. & Borel G. D. (2002). A plate tectonic model for the Paleozoic and Mezozoic constrained by dynamic plate boundares and restored synthetic ocean izochrons. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 196(1-2), 17-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0012-821X(01)00588-X.