Purpose. The purpose of the paper is the reconstruction of the geodynamic development of the shear dislocation zone (shear stress fields) of the Krasnoarmiiska monocline (KM) of Donbas (Eastern Ukraine) and determining the relationships of their impact on the emergence of gas-dynamic phenomena (GDP) in coal sediments. Methodology. Methods of digital geological cartography, mining-geometric simulation, geological-structural analysis, and structural-geomorphological reconstruction are used for the analysis of structural-geological information. A complex of methods for statistical processing of data on the tectonic disturbance is used – estimation of the frequency of azimuth orientations by the roses-diagram method. Techniques of morphotectonic analysis of the coal bed (a mathematical technique for identifying the gradient structures) are applied. Results. A tectonic model of formation of pull-aparts in the mode of transtension on the territory of KM (on the example of “Dobropilska” mine) is proposed, which results in manifestations of GDP (in particular “wet blowers”) in the form of a small kettle of subsidence in zones of en echelon overlapping of shears. The latter ones are formed under the action of the shear field of tectonic stresses (the axis of space shortening is (σ1) due to the horizontal shear is oriented in azimuth 160-170° (340-350°), the axis of elongation is (σ3) – 70-80° (250-260°). At this, the combination of fringing Y and T faultings in the conditions of transtension, most likely, provides gas permeability and water permeability of the zone. Structure-kinematic relationships of formation and development of shear dislocations of KM at Donbas are researched. Originality. The structural-kinematic relationships in the formation and development of shear dislocations of the Krasnoarmiiskyi district of Donbas and their impact on the formation of GDP zones were studied firstly. They based on the developed digital model of the actual tectonic disturbance of the rock massif on the example of the mining allotments group of KM. It is established for the first time: a) subparallel disjunctives of the NE orientation (15-30°), regardless of morphology, are as the boundaries of parallelogram-like blocks, forming either scaly packets or packets of fault scarps (depending on the morphology of the faultings), limited in the strike by the fault planes of N-NE and SW fall; in the case of scaly packets in the orientation of the fall of the fault plane it is dominated by the E-SE direction, the faultings limiting the fault scarps are characterized by the opposite WN direction of the fall; b) faultings of SE orientation are morphologically represented by shear-thrusts, and with depth change not only the angle of incidence from 35° to 85°, but also the azimuth of strike (from 20-25° to 50°), forming a fanlike feathering of the main faulting in the plan; c) faultings of different morphology are represented not by a single fault plane, but by a series of disturbances on all stratigraphic horizons, which form a zone of faulting formation – a vertical "tectonic strip"; d) in the SE part of the mine "Pioner" a duplex of compression (transpression mode) was found, it is expressed by a folded system (F), up to 287 m wide and fragments of sloping, changing the strike of the Novoiverskyi thrusts; e) the zone of tension duplexes located in the chain, which have a characteristic broken-step configuration at the "Dobropilska" mine, to which “wet blowers” are connected with, develops due to local strike (transtension); f) paragenesis of deformations in the study area corresponds to the shear field of tectonic stresses with north-northwest direction of compression and east-northeast tension, in which fault-shear displacement occurs along with the disjunctive breaks. Practical significance. The established relationships of the impact of shear tectonics on the formation of GDP in coal beds are important both by clarifying the mechanism of tectonogenesis and the nature of pull-aparts formation (en echelon zones of tension), and by the possibility of using additional prognostic criteria for searching for accumulations of free methane and its sudden manifestations (GDP) in coal beds. The application of knowledge of these relationships at mining enterprises will allow reducing the costs for the struggle against dangerous GDP manifestations and predicting them reliably.
- 1. Antsiferov, А. V., Кanin, V. А., Golubev, А. А., & Galemskiy, P. V. (2014). Data on deep inflows of fluids that form the current gas content of rocks of Donbass. Transactions of UkrNDMI of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 5 (II), 384-398 (in Russian).
2. Bezruchko, K., Diachenko, N. & Urazka M. (2018). Influence of the western donbass share dislocation zone on the formation of gas accumulations in coal-bearing sediments. Heodynamika, (24), P. 27-39 (in Ukrainian).
3. Bogdanov, Yu. А. & Chernyakov, А. М. (2009). A probable reason for gas emissions in mines of Donbas and possible ways of their studying. Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, (12), 104-111 (in Russian).
4. Bolshinsky, M. I., Lysikov, B. A. & Kaplyukhin, А. А. (2003). Gas-dynamic phenomena in mines. Sevastopol: Weber (in Russian).
5. Bulat, А. F, Dyrda, V. I., Privalov, V. А., & Panova, Е. А. (2007). Fractals in Geomechanics. Kyiv: Naukova dumka (in Russian).
6. Evdoshchuk, N. I., Vergelskaya, N. V. & Krishtal, A. N. (2013). Influence of geological and mining conditions and physical-chemical factors onto gas saturation of coal rock massifs in the Donetsk-Makiivka coalmine district. Tectonics and stratigraphy, (40), 12-26 (in Russian).
7. Diachenko, N. A. (2014). Research on the formation processes of pull-apart tectonics and its impact on the localization of the zones of flowing of underground water and gas blowers. Transactions of UkrNDMI of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, (14), 269 - 286 (in Russian).
8. Diachenko, N. A. & Bezruchko, K. A. (2015). The role of shear duplexes in the structural control of gas manifestations' "selectivity" in coal deposits. Proc. of the II International Scientific Conf. "Geology of Combustible Minerals: Achievements and Prospects", 38-42 (in Russian).
9. Diachenko, N. & Diachenko, A. (2019). Pop-up structures of Petrodonetska anticline and adjacent territories. International Conference Essays of Mining Science and PracticeInternational Conference Essays of Mining Science and Practice (09 July) https://www.e3s-conferences.org/articles/e3sconf/abs/2019/35/e3sconf_rmg...
10. Kanin, V. A., Tikholiz, A. M., Golubev, A. A. & Pashchenko, A. V. (2005). Explosive firedamp components. Coal of Ukraine, (7), 28-30 (in Russian).
11. Katza, Y., Weinbergerb, R., Aydinc, A. (2004). Geometry and kinematic evolution of Riedel shear structures, Capitol Reef National Park, Utah. Journal of Structural Geology, Vol. 26, (3), 491-501.
12. Karlov, A. I., Kanin, V. A., & Megel, Yu. V. (1980). Oil shows in the Central district of Donbass. Welfare, Safety and Mine Rescue Work, (5), 8--9 (in Russian).
13. Novikova, M. S. & Privalov, V. A. (2008). Pull apart pools. Mechanism of origin and distribution. Geology and Mineralogy Bulletin, (20), 56--59 (in Russian).
14. Pavlov, I. O., Korchemagin, V. A., & Sukhinina E. V. (2009). Stress fields and features of fault tectonics of mine fields in Krasnoarmeiskiy district of Donbass. Transactions of UkrNDMI of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, (5), II, 181 - 188 (in Russian).
15. Prichchenko, V. F. & Prichchenko, S. Yu. (2010). Tectonic control of methane blowers. Geo-Technical Mechanics, (88), 54--59 (in Russian).
16. Privalov, V. A. (1998). Rotation of blocks and the scenario of tectonic evolution of the Donetsk basin. Geology and Geochemistry of Combustible Minerals, (4), 142-158 (in Russian).
17. Privalov, V. A., Sachenhofer, R. F, & Zhikalyak N. V. (2001). Heat flows in the geological history of Donbass: simulation results. Transactions of Donetsk National Technical University, (32), 14 - 21 (in Russian).
18. Privalov, V., Sachenhofer, R., Shpigel, K. & Panova, O. (2007). Coalification processes in the Donbas as a consequence of tectonic and thermal events. Proceedings of the Shevchenko Scientific Society, (Т. XIX), 164--174 (in Ukrainian).
19. Privalov, V. A., Sachsenhofer, R. F., Panova, E. A. & Antsiferov, V. A. (2011). Tectonic factors affecting coal bed methane distribution in the Donets basin Transactions of UkrNDMI of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, (9), II, 469 - 479.
20. Privalov, V. A., Sachenhofer, R. F., Panova, O. А. & Diachenko, N. A. (2011). Small displacement tectonics of A. F. Zasyadko mine field in relation with the geodynamic events localization. Transactions of Donetsk National Technical University, (192), 177 - 185 (in Russian).
21. Privalov, V. A., Panova, O. А. Sachenhofer, R. F. & Reischenbacher D. (2012). Development of cleavage systems and low-amplitude tectonics and their impact on the outburst hazard of coal beds within the mining allotment at the O. F. Zasiadko mine. Transactions of UkrNDMI of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, (11), 153 - 175 (in Ukrainian).
22. Prykhodchenko, V. F., Khomenko, N. V., Zhykalyak, M. V., Prykhodchenko, D. V., & Tokar L. O. (2019). Influence of local orogeny and reservoir characteristics of enclosing rocks on the location of gas traps within the coal bearing deposit. Naukovyi Visnyk Natsionalnoho Hirnychoho Universytetu, (5), 11 -16.
23. Riedel W. (1929). Zur Mechanik Geologischer Brucherscheinungen. Zentral-blatt fur Mineralogie, Geologie und Paleontologie, (B), 354--368.
24. Rudnev E. N. (2009). On the issue of struggle against methane in coal mines of Ukraine. Coal of Ukraine, (1), 40-46 (in Russian).
25. Sylvester, A. (1988). Strike-slip faults. Bulletin Geological Society of America, (100), 1666-1703.
26. Tchalenko, J. (1970). Similarities between shear-zones of different magnitudes. Bulletin Geological Society of America, (81), 1625-1640.
27. Zabigailo, V. E., Shirokov, A. Z. & others. (1974). Geological factors of outburst hazard of Donbass rocks. Kyiv: Naukova dumka (in Russian).
28. Zankevich, B. A. & Shafranskaya, N. V. (2009). Tectonic position of the gas flame zone in the northwestern part of the Black Sea. Geology and minerals of the World Ocean, (3), 35--54 (in Russian).