1. Submission of publication.
2. Requirements for papers.
3. Technical requirements for papers.
4. Examples of bibliography.
5. Citation in the text
Submission of publication.
Authors submit to journal "Geodynamics" fully formatted electronic versions of papers prepared in accordance with the following requirements, typed in WORD-2003 – files * .doc (MS Office versions 2007, 2010 – files * .docx, * .docm – not accepted), figures in separate JPG files and statement (hat the article was not published or submitted for publication in any other domestic and abroad journals) should be sent to the following by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article for submition are Ukrainian and English (abstract with information about authors - in three languages: Ukrainian, English and Russian).
Scientific publication in the professional journal "Geodynamics" should take into account the requirements of international scientometric databases (SciVerse Scopus, Web of Science, etc.) to scientific papers.
2. Requirements for papers.
The main material of the article should have the following elements:
- Introduction (problem statement, analysis of recent researches ...)
- Scientific novelty and practical significance;
The structure of a paper (pages – not numbered!):
- UDC index (upper left corner of the page);
- a complete list of (co)authors (initials and surnames, order number on the list and in addition to co-author for correspondence – an asterisk (superscript)) – in the second, or following lines;
- information about (co)authors: footnote (superscript – Arabic numeral and further asterisk for corresponding author) [if there are two or more authors], the place of work, postal address (building, house, street, town, country) for (co)author for correspondence – additionally telephone numbers, fax, e-mail (obligatory!).
- title of paper;
- abstract (one paragraph, from 250 words) – should be structured (logically describe the results in the paper) and must contain the following elements of their explicit allocation: aim, methods, results, scientific novelty, practical significance;
- keywords (5–10 of certain words and / or in multiple combinations, in which can be a comma);
- the main text of the paper is placed in two columns of equal width;
- references (two columns structure of paper remains) are given in square brackets [author, year], [author et al., year] in alphabetical order. In accordance with requirements of SCOPUS and Web of Science it is necessary to submit a complete list of co-authors for each referrer. Primary sources are submitted in the original language.
Requirements for a list of references:
- volume – 13-30 sources;
- at least 3 sources in Latin letters on foreign journals with high impact influence, i.e. sources which are in the international scientometric databases;
- most of the references (including the original foreign sources) must be not older than 2000 year;
- it is allowed no more than 20 % self-referencing on each of the co-authors.
List of references is placed in alphabetical order and provided with subtitle REFERENCES
The presence of references in the paper is mandatory!
– abstract in form of one column: full list of (co) authors (transliterated initials and surnames on the list and in addition to the co-author (for correspondence) – asterisk (superscript)); information about the (co) authors (transliterated names of organizations and streets); title of the article; abstract (one paragraph, with volume from 250 words, no less than 16 lines) should be structured (logically describe the results obtained in the paper) and must contain the following elements with their explicit allocation: the purpose, methods, results, scientific novelty, practical significance; keywords; keywords (5–12 individual words and/or combinations, before the list of words it should be printed by Italics the word Key words;
ENGLISH TRANSLATION BY AN EXPERT!
3. Technical requirements for papers.
Rules the papers design.
Page parameters: page size A4; fields: 25 mm.
A cap of article is typed with font Times New Roman (TNR) and the entire width of the sheet (in one column) in the following order:
- index UDK (in the upper left corner of the page) – in the first line with alignment to the left (font TNR 12, semi-bold), the interval before – 0 pt, after – 12 pt;
- full list of (co) authors in the second line, aligned with the left edge (font TNR 12, bold, in capital letters). Interval before – 0 pt, after – 6 pt;
- information about (co) authors (font TNR 9 lowercase letter). Interval before block – 0 pt, after – 12 pt;
- title of the article – with alignment to the left (font TNR 12, bold, capital letters). Space after – 12 pt;
- summary with the alignment on width, font TNR 9. – 0 pt;
- key words with alignment on width, font TNR 10, simple; before the list it is given with italics indicates the word. Key words: sign section – the semicolon, at the end of the list the point is not required. Interval after – 12 pt;
- the main text of the article is placed in two columns of equal width with the distance between the columns of 0.6 cm and an alignment on width. The article is typed with font TNR 10 pt, intervals 1.0, lower case letters. Indentation at 6 mm from the beginning of the line is the same across the paper. Align of paragraphs is on the width. Paragraphs are not separated from each other. Titles are typed with font TNR 10 pt, bold, italic type, lower case letters. No first line indent, centered. From the previous text subtitles are separated at intervals of 12 pt, from the following – 6 pt.
A set of tables. Tables should give the reader information in clear and intelligible form, must be written in concise, clear and contain the minimum information required to illustrate the text. When placing a table on multiple pages under its continuation/end should be respectively states Continued/End Table. 1. Top of table and column must be repeated on each page of the table. The table should be printed as close as possible to the first reference to it in the text. Tables are typed in Microsoft Word. Number of tables: conventional style (font TNR, size 10 pt, italic), with alignment to the right. Table title: font TNR, size 10 pt, bold, centered, space before – 0 pt, after – 6 pt. The text and column headings of the table are printed with basic font 10 pt with alignment to the middle of the corresponding column.
Illustrations. Figures and images (raster, black and white, with a resolution lower than 300 dpi) are inserted in the text. Illustrations are provided as separate files JPEG, TIFF. The first references to the illustrations in the text should usually directly to precede an illustration or, at least, to be located as close as possible to the figure. Usually the references are given in the following form: ... As shown in Fig. 1 or ... The diagram (fig. 1) shows ... When you repeat references in the text to the illustration it should be printed as (see fig. 1). Title of figure should be out of figure, spacing before and after – 6 pt, typed with font TNR 11 pt, lower case letters, centered.
A set of formulas. For a set of formulas it should be used the built-in Word for Windows equation editor Microsoft Equation 3.0 or MathType 5. Formulas are placed in separate rows in the middle of column, and only a simple, small formulas that have no independent value, can be placed inside the text lines. As an exception, it is allowed only for cumbersome formulas (which can not be divided into parts of) to be placed on the full width of the page, not in two columns. Arabic numbers in parentheses indicate the sequence number of formula in the article. It is placed in the right end of the set in one line of a numbered formula. If formula is multiline, the number is placed in line with the last line of the formula. Before and after the formula – the interval of 6 pt.
The general rules:
1. The figures in the formulas are printed with regular font;
2. Letter notation of values (symbols), for which the letters of the Latin alphabet are used shoud be printed in italics;
3. Reduced mathematical terms (eg, sin, arcsin, lg, lim, const, max) are printed with regular font;
4. Abbreviated names of the physical and technical units, metric weights and derivatives of them are printed in direct font, without points, for example: 12 km;
5. Reduction in the indexes are printed with regular font, for example: Lflt (ie L of flight); If the index is a symbol of magnitude, it is printed in italics, for example: (x – coordinate);
6. It is not permited to place designation for units of measuring along with formula that reflects relationship between variables or between their numerical values in the form of letters.
Editor formulas must have the following parameters – dimensions: overall – 11 pt, large indexes – 8 pt, small indexes – 6 pt, big characters – 17 pt, small characters – 11 pt; style: the text of functions, variables, matrix-vector, the number – the font TNR, for the rest of styles – the font Symbol.
References (double column structure of paper is kept). A list of sources is placed in alphabetical order and is provided with the subtitle REFERENCES (if the article English) – TNR 10 pt, in capital letters, which is separated from the main text and the list of references with intervals: before 12 pt, after 6 pt and placed in the middle of column. The presence of references in the paper is obligatory!
Then by one column are given:
- block in Ukrainian: a full list of (co)authors, information about the (co)authors, title, abstract, keywords – format meets the requirements for design of paper;
- block in Russian: a full list of (co)authors, information about the (co)authors, title, abstract, keywords – format meets the requirements for design of paper;
Headers and footers are not filled. Headers and Footers and date of receipt of paper are inserted into when typesetting.
Information about authors - surname, first name, middle name, place of employment, position, information on academic degrees and academic title (if available), business or home address, contact numbers, e-mail, contact person should be attached on a separate page to printed copy of paper.
In the attached letter it should be indicated in which section of the journal ("Geodesy", "Geology" and "Geophysics") it is proposed to include the paper.
Papers submitted in the journal "Geodynamics" held closed independent review.
For papers related to adjacent to geodynamics issues, it should be discovered relationship of presented results of research to the geodynamic problems in introduction and conclusions (preferably also displayed in the title)
Papers prepared with deviation from the above requirements of formatting, as well as those that received negative reviews or comments when editorial review, without appropriate corrections and improvements are not accepted for publication in the journal.
About all questions of publications and about getting of electronic forms (examples) of formatting of articles please address to executive secretary of editorial board Havryshkevych Halyna, e-mail: email@example.com
4. Examples of bibliography
ARTICLE in the journal, the newspaper: one author
Ku, G. (2008). Learning to de-escalate: The effects of regret in escalation of commitment. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 105(2), 221-232. doi:10.1016/j.obhdp.2007.08.002
Sanchez, D., & King-Toler, E. (2007). Addressing disparities consultation and outreach strategies for university settings. Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice and Research, 59(4), 286-295. doi:10.1037/1065- 9218.104.22.1686
More than two authors
Van Vugt, M., Hogan, R., & Kaiser, R. B. (2008). Leadership, followership, and evolution: Some lessons from the past. American Psychologist, 63(3), 182-196. doi:10.1037/0003-066X.63.3.182
Merriam-Webster's collegiate dictionary (11th ed.). (2003). Springfield, MA: Merriam- Webster.
Kidder, T. (1981). The soul of a new machine. Boston, MA: Little, Brown & Company.
Frank, R. H., & Bernanke, B. (2007). Principles of macro-economics (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
Group of authors
Australian Bureau of Statistics. (2000). Tasmanian year book 2000 (No. 1301.6). Canberra, Australian Capital Territory: Author. Retrieved fromhttp://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/ausstats/subscriber.nsf/0/CA2568710006989... $File/13016_2000.pdf
Hubbard, R. G., Koehn, M. F., Omstein, S. I., Audendrode, M. V., & Royer, J. (2010). The mutual fund industry: Competition and investor welfare.New York, NY: Columbia University Press.
8 or more authors:
Zinn, H., Konopacki, M., Buhle, P., Watkins, J. E., Mills, S., Mullins, J. W. ... Komisar, R. (2008). A people`s history of American empire: A graphic adaptation. New York, NY: Metropolitan Books.
Organization as an author:
Реасе Согрs. (2006). А life inspired. Washington, DС: Аuthог.
Part of the book:
Grosman, D. (2009). Writing in the dark. Іп Т. Моггіsоп (Еd.), Виrп this Ьоок (рр. 22-32). New York, NY: НагрегСоІІіns РиЬІіshers.
Milton, J. (1847). The prose works of John Milton (Vol. 1-2). Philadelphia, PA: John W. Moore.
Multi-volume editions (separate volume):
Niehuis, S. (2008). Dating. In J. T. Sears (Ed.), The Greenwood encyclopedia of love (Vol. 6, pp. 57-60). Westport, CT: Greenwood.
The book is edited
Gibbs, J. T., & Huang, L. N. (Eds.). (2001). Children of color: Psychological interventions with culturally diverse youth. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Young, R. F. (2007). Crossing boundaries in urban ecology: Pathways to sustainable cities (Doctoral dissertation). Available from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses database. (UMI No. 327681)
Materials of conferences
Josang, A., Maseng, T., & Knapskog, S. J. (Eds.). (2009). Identity and privacy in the Internet age, 14th Nordic conference on secure IT systems, NordSec 2009. Heidelberg, Germany: Springer Berlin.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2005). Medicaid drug price comparisons: Average manufacturer price to published prices (OIG publication No. OEI-05-05- 00240). Washington, DC: Author. Retrieved fromhttp://www.oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-05-05-00240.pdf
Laws, statutes, orders:
Law of Ukraine. On Land Protection. 962-IV § section II article 6 (2003).
Le Van Meautte, V. (2003). U.S. Patent No. 6,601,955. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Matіko, H. (1999). Patent of Ukraine 26933. Kyiv: State Patent Office of Ukraine
Ingwersen, P. (1992). Information retrieval interaction. Retrieved from http://www.db.dk/pi/iri
Muses, C. A. (Ed.). (1961). Esoteric teachings of the Tibetan Tantra. Retrieved from http://www.sacred-texts.com
5. Citation in the text
Inline text link without quotes:
one author: (Beckman, 2011)
two authors: (Alekhin & Shagrova, 2009) or (Alekhin and Shagrova, 2009)
3-5 authors: first cited: (Dobrynyn, Vendelshteyn & Kozhevnykov, 2004) or (Dobrynyn, Vendelshteyn and Kozhevnykov, 2004)
with repeated citation: (Dobrynyn et al., 2004) or Dobrynyn et al. (2004)
6 authors and more: (Rusov et al., 2014)
for several works by different authors at the same time: (Alekhin, 2004; Beckman, 2011)
Inline text link with quote inside the line
Wordsworth (2006) stated that romantic poetry was marked as a "spontaneous overflow of strong feelings" (p. 263).
Romantic poetry characterized by "spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings" (Wordsworth, 2006, p. 263).
The Editorial Board kindly asks authors to comply with the above recommendations to paper submition.
of the author submitting an article to the journal “Geodynamics”
Place of work
Address, ZIP Code