Authors submit to journal "Geodynamics" fully formatted electronic versions of papers prepared in accordance with the following requirements, typed in WORD-2003 and pictures in separate JPG files by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (necessarily duplicate in email@example.com), and their printed copies with attached letter to the chief editor of the journal and actsof expertise for open print and internal review personally or by regular or express mail at the following address: Ukraine, 79013, Lviv, Bandera 12 str, Lviv Polytechnic National University Institute of Geodesy, K.R. Tretyak or 79060, Lviv,. Naukova str., 3-B, Institute of geophysics, A.V. Nazarevych.
Article for submition are Ukrainian, Russian or English.
Scientific publication in the professional journal "Geodynamics" should take into account the requirements of international scientometric databases (SciVerse Scopus, Web of Science, etc.) to scientific papers.
The main material of the article should have the following elements:
- Introduction (problem statement, analysis of recent researches ...)
- Scientific novelty and practical significance;
The structure of a paper (pages – not numbered!):
- UDC index (upper left corner of the page);
- a complete list of (co)authors (initials and surnames, order number on the list and in addition to co-author for correspondence – an asterisk (superscript)) – in the second, or following lines;
- information about (co)authors: footnote (superscript – Arabic numeral and further asterisk for corresponding author) [if there are two or more authors], the place of work, postal address (building, house, street, town, country) for (co)author for correspondence – additionally telephone numbers, fax, e-mail (obligatory!).
- title of paper;
- abstract (one paragraph, from 250 words) – should be structured (logically describe the results in the paper) and must contain the following elements of their explicit allocation: aim, methods, results, scientific novelty, practical significance;
- keywords (5–12 of certain words and / or in multiple combinations, in which can be a comma);
- the main text of the paper is placed in two columns of equal width;
- references (two columns structure of paper remains) are given in square brackets [author, year] and match to the lists, arranged as follows: first all references in Cyrillic alphabet from A to Я , then all Latin letters (A ... Z), listed in alphabetical order. In accordance with requirements of SCOPUS and Web of Science it is necessary to submit a complete list of co-authors for each referrer. Primary sources are submitted in the original language.
Requirements for a list of references:
- volume – 13-30 sources;
- at least 3 sources in Latin letters on foreign journals with high impact influence, i.e. sources which are in the international scientometric databases;
- most of the references (including the original foreign sources) must be not older than 2000 year;
- it is allowed no more than 20 % self-referencing on each of the co-authors.
List of references is placed in alphabetical order and provided with subtitle REFERENCES
The presence of references in the paper is mandatory!
– abstract in form of one column: full list of (co) authors (transliterated initials and surnames on the list and in addition to the co-author (for correspondence) – asterisk (superscript)); information about the (co) authors (transliterated names of organizations and streets); title of the article; abstract (one paragraph, with volume from 250 words, no less than 16 lines) should be structured (logically describe the results obtained in the paper) and must contain the following elements with their explicit allocation: the purpose, methods, results, scientific novelty, practical significance; keywords; keywords (5–12 individual words and/or combinations, before the list of words it should be printed by Italics the word Key words;
ENGLISH TRANSLATION BY AN EXPERT!
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PAPERS ARRANGMENT
for journal “GEODYNAMICS”
Materials must be submitted in hard copy and electronically in the program Misrosoft Word 2003 or earlier – files * .doc (MS Office versions 2007, 2010 – files * .docx, * .docm – not accepted).
Rules the papers design.
Page parameters: page size A4; fields: 25 mm.
A cap of article is typed with font Times New Roman (TNR) and the entire width of the sheet (in one column) in the following order:
- index UDK (in the upper left corner of the page) – in the first line with alignment to the left (font TNR 12, semi-bold), the interval before – 0 pt, after – 12 pt;
- full list of (co) authors in the second line, aligned with the left edge (font TNR 12, bold, in capital letters). Interval before – 0 pt, after – 6 pt;
- information about (co) authors (font TNR 9 lowercase letter). Interval before block – 0 pt, after – 12 pt;
- title of the article – with alignment to the left (font TNR 12, bold, capital letters). Space after – 12 pt;
- summary with the alignment on width, font TNR 9. – 0 pt;
- key words with alignment on width, font TNR 10, simple; before the list it is given with italics indicates the word. Key words: sign section – the semicolon, at the end of the list the point is not required. Interval after – 12 pt;
- the main text of the article is placed in two columns of equal width with the distance between the columns of 0.6 cm and an alignment on width. The article is typed with font TNR 10 pt, intervals 1.0, lower case letters. Indentation at 6 mm from the beginning of the line is the same across the paper. Align of paragraphs is on the width. Paragraphs are not separated from each other. Titles are typed with font TNR 10 pt, bold, italic type, lower case letters. No first line indent, centered. From the previous text subtitles are separated at intervals of 12 pt, from the following – 6 pt.
A set of tables. Tables should give the reader information in clear and intelligible form, must be written in concise, clear and contain the minimum information required to illustrate the text. When placing a table on multiple pages under its continuation/end should be respectively states Continued/End Table. 1. Top of table and column must be repeated on each page of the table. The table should be printed as close as possible to the first reference to it in the text. Tables are typed in Microsoft Word. Number of tables: conventional style (font TNR, size 10 pt, italic), with alignment to the right. Table title: font TNR, size 10 pt, bold, centered, space before – 0 pt, after – 6 pt. The text and column headings of the table are printed with basic font 10 pt with alignment to the middle of the corresponding column.
Illustrations. Figures and images (raster, black and white, with a resolution lower than 300 dpi) are inserted in the text. Illustrations are provided as separate files JPEG, TIFF. The first references to the illustrations in the text should usually directly to precede an illustration or, at least, to be located as close as possible to the figure. Usually the references are given in the following form: ... As shown in Fig. 1 or ... The diagram (fig. 1) shows ... When you repeat references in the text to the illustration it should be printed as (see fig. 1). Title of figure should be out of figure, spacing before and after – 6 pt, typed with font TNR 11 pt, lower case letters, centered.
A set of formulas. For a set of formulas it should be used the built-in Word for Windows equation editor Microsoft Equation 3.0 or MathType 5. Formulas are placed in separate rows in the middle of column, and only a simple, small formulas that have no independent value, can be placed inside the text lines. As an exception, it is allowed only for cumbersome formulas (which can not be divided into parts of) to be placed on the full width of the page, not in two columns. Arabic numbers in parentheses indicate the sequence number of formula in the article. It is placed in the right end of the set in one line of a numbered formula. If formula is multiline, the number is placed in line with the last line of the formula. Before and after the formula – the interval of 6 pt.
The general rules:
1. The figures in the formulas are printed with regular font;
2. Letter notation of values (symbols), for which the letters of the Latin alphabet are used shoud be printed in italics;
3. Reduced mathematical terms (eg, sin, arcsin, lg, lim, const, max) are printed with regular font;
4. Abbreviated names of the physical and technical units, metric weights and derivatives of them are printed in direct font, without points, for example: 12 km;
5. Reduction in the indexes are printed with regular font, for example: Lflt (ie L of flight); If the index is a symbol of magnitude, it is printed in italics, for example: (x – coordinate);
6. It is not permited to place designation for units of measuring along with formula that reflects relationship between variables or between their numerical values in the form of letters.
Editor formulas must have the following parameters – dimensions: overall – 11 pt, large indexes – 8 pt, small indexes – 6 pt, big characters – 17 pt, small characters – 11 pt; style: the text of functions, variables, matrix-vector, the number – the font TNR, for the rest of styles – the font Symbol.
References (double column structure of paper is kept). A list of sources is placed in alphabetical order and is provided with the subtitle REFERENCES (if the article English) – TNR 10 pt, in capital letters, which is separated from the main text and the list of references with intervals: before 12 pt, after 6 pt and placed in the middle of column. The presence of references in the paper is obligatory!
Then by one column are given:
- block in Ukrainian: a full list of (co)authors, information about the (co)authors, title, abstract, keywords – format meets the requirements for design of paper;
- block in Russian: a full list of (co)authors, information about the (co)authors, title, abstract, keywords – format meets the requirements for design of paper;
Headers and footers are not filled. Headers and Footers and date of receipt of paper are inserted into when typesetting.
Information about authors - surname, first name, middle name, place of employment, position, information on academic degrees and academic title (if available), business or home address, contact numbers, e-mail, contact person should be attached on a separate page to printed copy of paper.
In the attached letter it should be indicated in which section of the journal ("Geodesy", "Geology" and "Geophysics") it is proposed to include the paper.
Papers submitted in the journal "Geodynamics" held closed independent review.
Reviewing (in accordance with the requirements to papers in professional journals) is performed on the following criteria:
- Does the content of the paper correspond its title?
- Is the author’s study a new contribution to the of science?
- Is there proper literary level of paper?
- Is the objective of paper properly formulated (in particular, whether it corresponds to the content of the paper)?
- Are there keywords?
- Are there methods of research?
- Are there enough literature references processed?
- Are the obtained scientific research results enough substantiated?
- Is the scientific novelty of work substantiated logically?
- Is there practical importance of the research?
- Are there conclusions?
- Are the prospects for further research in this direction presented?
For papers related to adjacent to geodynamics issues, it should be discovered relationship of presented results of research to the geodynamic problems in introduction and conclusions (preferably also displayed in the title)
Papers prepared with deviation from the above requirements of formatting, as well as those that received negative reviews or comments when editorial review, without appropriate corrections and improvements are not accepted for publication in the journal.
About all questions of publications and about getting of electronic forms (examples) of formatting of articles please address to executive secretary of editorial board Andriy Nazarevych (phone/fax +38-(0322)-64-85-63, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) or to Gavryshkevych Galyna, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org