The palaces of the romantic style, built in the Lviv region in the XIX - early twentieth century, included a number of architectural and landscape elements that created a unique and harmonious ensemble. Today, practically there are no objects that completely preserved their original appearance. Architectural and landscape-compositional features of such ensembles remain undervalued and require professional attention. It is important to analyze their current function to determine the prospects for their further use, restoration and rational conservation.
The purpose of the article is to evaluate the state of preservation, the actual function and to determine the characteristic features of garden-park complexes of romantic style on the example of one palace.
The object of research and analysis, in this work, are palace and park complexes, which appeared in the XIX – early XX centuries in the Lviv region, and have similar stylistic, architectural-planning and landscape-compositional features.
A characteristic feature of such palaces was a romantic style. The contemporary architects tried to create a lyrical space where romanticism, which was manifested in all its details, ranging from the forms and decorative decoration of the palace to its park environment, reigned. The romantic style is manifested primarily in the asymmetry of planes and facades. The mixing of styles prevailed in decorating the facades to create a fabulous and lyrical atmosphere.
Preservation and restoration of architectural monuments is a manifestation of memory and respect for the historical and cultural heritage. Palaces of romantic style, created in the form of small castles, draw attention to its picturesque architectural composition. As architectural dominant in a typical urban environment, they require special attention and careful historical and architectural research.
The study demonstrates the state of preservation and features of the modern use of one of such objects – the palace Strahocki in Mostyska (Rudnyky). The history of the palace begins in 1825, when the nobleman Anthony Strahocki, under the project of architect F. Bauman, began his construction. It is necessary to preserve this style in architecture and landscape. The peculiarity of romantic palaces is their parks. Territories of such facilities are suitable for the organization of public parks and gardens, which will enable them to include the cultural environment of settlements, and will create an opportunity to contemplate an architectural monument.
Depending on the state of preservation of the palace, different methods of restoration and restoration should be used. Objects of this type are also attractive in terms of attracting investors. They are small in scope, aesthetically appealing and interesting composition and a variety of small architectural forms. So, in the example of one palace, the article features a romantic style in architecture and landscape.
- Lukomsʹka Z.V., Lukomsʹka H.V., 2011, Features of adaptation of valuable historical palace complexes (on the example of the Potocki Palace of the XVII - XVIII centuries in Ivano-Frankivsk).Arkhitekturnyy visnyk KNUBA, 3, s.45-46.
- Lesyk, A.V., 1987. Protection and rational use of architectural monuments. Lʹvov.
- Boyko, O.H., Pohranychna, I.I., 2015 Palace and park ensembles of Yakub Kubitsky in Volyn. Architectural features, suggestions for restoration. Visnyk Natsionalʹnoho universytetu "Lʹvivsʹka politekhnika". Seriya: Arkhitektura : zbirnyk naukovykh pratsʹ, 816. s.177–185.
- Lykhachov, D.S., 1982. Poetry of gardens: To the semantics of garden-park style. [online] Available at: <http://proroslini.ru/sadivnictvo/sadovo-parkove-mistectvo> [Accessed October 1, 2018].
- Bevz, M., 2014., Problems of research, preservation and restoration of objects of cultural heritage. Zbirnyk naukovykh pratsʹ kafedry Restavratsiyi i rekonstruktsiyi arkhitekturnykh kompleksiv. Lʹviv: Rastr-7.
- Meshcheryakov, V.V., 2015. Modern approaches to improving the mechanisms of state regulation for the preservation and popularization of historical and cultural heritage and architectural monuments. [online] Available at: http://www.dy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=890 [Accessed October 1, 2018].
- Petryshyn, H.P., 2006. Historical architectural and urban complexes: scientific methods of research: a textbook for students of higher educational establishments studying in the direction of "Architecture". Lʹviv: Vydavnytstvo Natsionalʹnoho un-tu «Lʹvivsʹka politekhnika».
- Viysʹkovo-politychni karty Halychyny, 2018. Available at: <https://mapire.eu> [Accessed October 1, 2018].
- DERZHAVNYY KOMITET UKRAYINY U SPRAVAKH MISTOBUDUVANNYA I ARKHITEKTURY, 1992. Derzhavni budivelʹni normy 360-92. Mistobuduvannya. Planuvannya i zabudova misʹkykh i silʹsʹkykh poselenʹ. Kyyiv: Derzhkommistobuduvannya.
- Ministerstvo rehionalʹnoho rozvytku, budivnytstva ta zhytlovo-komunalʹnoho hospodarstva Ukrayiny, 2018. Derzhavni budivelʹni normy V.2.2-3:2018 . Budynky i sporudy. Zaklady osvity. Kyyiv: Ministerstvo rehionalʹnoho rozvytku, budivnytstva ta zhytlovo-komunalʹnoho hospodarstva Ukrayiny