In the food industry and public catering establishments of Ukraine, a sufficiently large amount of oil is left, which was first used during the roasting and cooking of various food, such as vegetables and fish during canning, french fries, pancakes, pies and the like. At high temperatures during contact with the food and moisture contained in it, the processes of thermal decomposition, oxidation, polymerization and so on, the oil accumulates harmful to man substances such as aldehydes, acids, ketenes, polycyclic compounds, etc. In this case, the oil becomes unsuitable for further food use. At the same time, modern industry needs the development of new polymer composite materials requiring fillers for their creation, including minerals with a modified surface.
It is interesting to try simultaneously a comprehensive solution to these two problems, id est a study of possibility of the use of the overdone vegetable oil is for modification of surface of dispersible mineral fillers, with their further use for creation of new polymer composition materials.
The purpose of this work is to check the possibility of using sunflower oil for modification of the chalk surface and magnesium hydroxide and to study the effect of such fillers on the physical and mechanical properties of polymer composite materials.
For the modification used chalk and magnesium hydroxide. As the modifier used refried sunflower oil used in catering establishments, frying chebureks. As polymer matrix investigated the low-density polyethylene, plasticized polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and epoxy resin ED-20.
According to the research results, for the first time the possibility of modification of the above-mentioned dispersed mineral fillers by the used (redone) sunflower oil unsuitable for food was investigate. Polymer composites based on low-density polyethylene, plasticized PVC and epoxy resin filled with chalk and magnesium hydroxide with modified sunflower oil. It was prove that the use of such modified fillers improved the physical and mechanical properties of composites by increasing their impact strength, relative elongation and tensile strength. The increase in the tensile strength, of the listed composites, reached from 30 to 180%. Thermo-mechanical studies of low density filled polyethylene and plasticized PVC showed that the heat resistance of such composites did not substantially change comparing to the composites filled with unmodified fillers.
1. Kurta S. A. (2012). Napovnyuvachi - sy'ntez, vlasty'vosti ta vy'kory'stannya: navchal'ny'j posibny'k. Ivano-Frankivs'k: Vyd-vo Prykarpat. nacz. un-tu im. V. Stefany'ka. P. 296.
2. G. Schmid. (2010). Nanoparticles: from theory to application. Weinheim: WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH, 522.
3. Z. Bartczak, A. S. Argon, R. E. Cohen, M. Weinberg. (April 1999). Toughness mechanism in semi-crystalline polymer blends: II. High-density polyethylene toughened with calcium carbonate filler particles. Polymer. Vol. 40, Is. 9, 2347-2365.
4. Chobit M. R. (2007). Peroxide modification of the cellulose for synthesis of the compound polymer systems. (Candidate's thesis). Lviv. [in Ukrainian]. 5. Savelyev Yuri, Gonchar Аlexey, Travinskaya Тamara. (2013). Monmorillonite modified with oligourethane ammonium chloride and based nanostructured polymers. American Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. 1(4), 87-93.: doi: 10.11648/j.nano.20130104.13.
6. Yuri. V. Savelyev, Alexey N. Gonchar and Tamara V. Travinskaya. (2015). New Montmorillinite Modifier for Creation of Polyurethane Acrylate/Organoclay Nanocomposites by in situ Polymerization. J. Chem. Eng. Chem. Res. Vol. 2, No. 2, 511-52.
7. Pietrzak, L., Sowinski, P., Bojda, J., Piorkowska, E., & Galeski, A. (2016). Toughening of syndiotactic polypropylene with chalk. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 133(28), doi:10.1002/app.43651.
8. Fazelinejad, S, Akesson, D, Skrifvars, M. 2017. Repeated Mechanical Recycling of Polylactic Acid Filled With Chalk. Progress In Rubber Plastics And Recycling Technology. 1 (33), 1-16.
9. C. Mahesh, B. Kondapanaidu, K. Govindarajulu, V. Balakrishna. (Nov 2013). Experimental Investigation of Thermal and Mechanical Properties of Palmyra Fiber Reinforced Polyster Composites With and Without Chemical Treatment and Addition of Chalk Powder. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V5 (5), 259-271.
10. Domka L., Wąsicki A., Kozak M. (2003) The microstructure and mechanical properties of new HDPE-chalk composites, Physicochemical Problems of Mineral Processing, 37, 141-147.
11. Parashchuk L. Ya., Yakymechko Ya.B., Pan¬chuk B. R. (2010). Vplyv saxarydiv na kinetyku gasinnya vapna. Visnyk Nacionalnogo universytetu "Lvivska politexnika". Ximiya, texnologiya rechovy'n ta yix zastosuvannya, No. 667, 16-20.
12. B. N. Tiutiunnykov, Z. Y. Bukhshtab, F. F. Hlad¬kyi and other. (1992). Xy'my'ya zhy'rov. М.: Kolos, 448.
13 Chobit M. R., Vasylyev V. P., Kot V. A. (2015). Modyfikaciya krejdy roslynnymy' oliyamy. Visnyk Nacionalnogo universytetu "Lvivska politexnika", №812, 438-443.
14. Chobit M. R., Vasylyev V. P., Panchenko Yu. V. (2017). Vykory'stannya vidxodiv oliyezhyrovoyi promyslovosti dlya modyfikaciyi mineralnyx napovnyuvachiv. Visnyk Nacionalnogo universytetu "Lvivska politexnika", No. 868, 318-325.