The measurement planning process of natural purification in artificial water reservoirs was
presented and discussed in the paper. The general scheme of the measurement in reservoirs is
similar to water quality assessment in another water bodies like rivers, lakes and groundwater,
however in this work the objective of measurements is clearly define. In the paper the specific
factors and needs for objective realization were presented. The paper describes measurements
planning process and it can be use as the source for measurements preparation.
1. Absolona D., Matysik M., Ruman M., Novel methods and solutions in hydrology and water
management, Komisja Hydrologiczna Polskiego Towarzystwa Geograficznego, Oddział Katowicki,
2. Duda Marcin, Znaczenie zbiornika retencyjnego w ochronie jeziora przed
zanieczyszczeniami ze zlewni rolniczej – dissertation work, UWM Olsztyn, 2011.
3. Goodall D. C.,
Quigley R. M., Pollutant migration from two sanitary landfill sites near Sarnia, Ontario, Canadian
Geotechnical Journal, 1977, 14(2): 223–236.
4. Lenhart Brigitte, Bodies of Water in the foothills of the
Alps rate good to excellent thanks to long term Water Quality Monitoring, 2011, http://www. globalw.com/
5. Water Quality Assessments – A Guide to Use of Biota, Sediments and Water in
Environmental Monitoring – Second Edition 1996, 651 pages published on behalf of WHO by F & FN
6. Zhenyao Shen, Qian Liao, Qian Hong, Yongwei Gong, An overview of research on agricultural
non-point source pollution modelling in China, Separation and Purification Technology 84 (2012) 104–