The possibility of using structural building structures from a glass triplex is explored. Are presented the experimental tests of glass multilayer columns with vertical arrangement of layers. The results of experiments are presented. It is worth researching the possibility of using structural building constructions from non-traditional materials. One of these materials is glass. It is established that new architectural tendencies lead to use glass constructions in elements of facades, blocks, bridges, basins became widely used. However, nowadays, these constructions are limited only by small-sized plates, self-supporting partitions or facade fiberglass windows, which perform a mostly fencing function. It is suggested to use a glass triplex as a bearing structure. In recent years this stylish and effective space planning solution is getting more popular. Maximum lightness and room illumination, sophisticated appearance, reliability. Triplex, in which several layers of glass are reliably connected with a polymeric film EVASAFE (Bridgestone, Japan). The matrix
of the film is an eclaced (polimer with high-elastic moisture in a wide temperature range), which allows to hold back the debris of the glass structures, makes them more pliable in the bonding plane, increases their reliability by preventing the instantaneous spread of cracks to the depths of the cross-section. Also, these constructions possess a sufficient strength, in addition to the aesthetic appeal. In this article is considered. an experimental research of glass multilayer columns with vertical arrangement of layers. Two experimental prototypes, which were tested as centrally compressed rods with rigid fixing ends, were made for experimental study. The test was carried out on a hydraulic press PG-250, with the help of which applied an external load of N steps of 2.5 kN up to destruction. The shutter speed at each load level was 10 minutes. According to the results of experimental studies, the graphs of the bends of the columns were constructed depending on the external load and the graph of the dependence of the relative strains on the stresses.
1. Minregionbud of Ukraine (1998), DSTU 2825-94 Calculations and strength tests. Terms and definitions of key concepts, Minregionbud of Ukraine p.42.
2. Minregionbud of Ukraine (2010), DSTU B.V.2.7-122:2009 Glass sheet. Specifications Minregionbud of Ukraine p.52.
3. Osadchuk T. & Demchyna B. (2016), “Investigation of the durability of multilayered glass slabs working on the bend from the concentrated load by a stamp”, Construction production: interdepartmental scientific and technical collection, No 60, pp. 58–63. (in Ukr.).
4. Demchyna B. G., Osadchuk T. Yu. Investigation of deformations of multilayered glass slabs with the help of correlation of digital images // Municipal economy of cities. Series: Engineering and Architecture. KhNUMG, Kharkiv, 2017. – Т. 134. – C. 153–163.
5. Demchyna B. G., Cherevko M. V. Investigation of the strength and deformability of glass beams with vertical placement of layers // Bulletin of the National University of Lviv Polytechnic: Theory and Practice of Construction. – Lviv, 2015. – No. 823. P. 113–116