In the article the relevance of using modern digital marketing tools, namely the marketplaces, is investigated. The description of the “markeplays” concept is given, its types, main features and advantages of application are highlighted. Describes its main advantages, disadvantages and features of application for the development of e-business. To this end, it is advisable to evaluate the current state of development of Internet platforms on the domestic market and determine their potential in the future.A marketplace is a type of e-commerce web platform that helps sellers and potential buyers find each other online and then interact. Such a model of this web platform is relevant for sellers who provide goods as well as services. The main sources of income of the marketplays are determined depending on the conditions of cooperation.
The classification of the leaders of digital marketing on the domestic market is presented in four categories: online-shops, price-aggregators, marketplays and classfiles. A marketplace is created to acquire and accommodate a huge amount of vendors and customers. Participants can interact as equals (when both sides are private individuals or business representatives) or develop a hierarchy “entrepreneur-client”.
The distribution of traffic by type of platforms is analyzed. The current state and prospects of marketplaces development and its leaders in Ukraine are estimated. The main four strategies that use by marketplaces are successful in the market and are represented. The world tendencies of e-commerce development in recent years, including in Ukraine, are analyzed. Whilst growing a marketplace, founders need to keep an eye on the most important factors to calculate. As a twosided web platform, marketplace aggregates many sellers and their inventory on one website as well as a lot of buyers. Customers need supply, and sellers need customers, now we are going to concentrate on the analysis of the key performance indicators. The five key factors that contribute to the development of domestic e-commerce are highlighted.
1. Savitskaya N.L. (2017), Marketing in Social Networks: Strategies and Tools in B2C / N.L. Savitskaya // Marketing and digital technologies. - Vol. 1, No. 1. - P. 20-33. https://doi.org/10.15276/mdt.1.1.2017.2
2. Illyashenko S.M. (2016), Innovation development: marketing and knowledge management: monograph. - Kharkiv: Discus plus, - 192p.
3. Oklander, T. O. Oklander, O. I. Yashkina (2017). Digital marketing - the marketing model of the XXI century / MA ed. M.A. Oklander - Odessa: Astroprint, - 292 pp.
4. Kotler F., CartagiaH., Setyavan A. (2010). Marketing 3.0: from products to consumers and further to the human soul - M.: AlpinaBusinessBooks, - 230 p. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118257883
5. Global & Ecommerce Report (2017). Retrived from: https://www.ecommerce-europe.eu/research/ecommerce-europe-reports.
6. Overview of ecommerce-market of Ukraine in 2017. Retrived from: https://promodo.ua/ua/blog/obzor-ecommerce-rynka-ukrainy-v-2017.html.
7. Mulley K. R. (2006). A SWOT Analysis of Walgreens in the Competitive Pharmacy Marketplace. In: Drug Store News. - №28. - P. 35-47.
8. Lee K., Ruth F. (2008). Strategy formulation framework for vocational education: integrating SWOT analysis, balanced scorecard, methodology, and educational criteria // Managerial auditing journal. - Vol. 15, No. 8. - P. 407-423. https://doi.org/10.1108/02686900010353999
9. Menon A. (2009). Antecedents and the consequences of marketing strategy making // Journal of marketing. - No. 63. - P. 18-40. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224299906300202
10. Anderson K. Long Tail (2008). A New Business Model / Chris Anderson. - Moscow: Top, - 272 p.
11. Legal aspects of the organization of the work of the marketplaces. Retrived from: https://www.legalitgroup.com/pravovi-aspekty-marketplace.
12. What will be the Ukrainian e-commerce sector in 2018 - the EVO forecast. Retrived from: https://nachasi.com/2018/01/11/ecommerce-ukr-2018/.