The object of analysis is strategic management of Youth Non-governmental Organization (YNGO) activities (in particular, Student NGO). At this publication we have purpose to show the results of a study of strategic opportunities and options for formation of effective strategic moves in the development of SNGOs. It is important to display different real strategic alternatives at the example of several SNGOs which represent the Western region of Ukraine.
The results of the research are following. YNGOs and their subspecies of SNGOs differ from other organizations primarily in the fact that during their management the main emphasis is transferred from financial resources to human resources, and expenses are measured not by money, but by the time and efforts of volunteers. The strategic opportunities for development of domestic SNGOs in this article were examined at the example of the “BEST Lviv” YNGO, the main features of which are: non-profit, non-political, non-religious and non-governmental nature; existence at a technical university (namely, Lviv Polytechnic National University); membership in it is limited only to students of the specified university.
In addition to the study of the YNGO “BEST Lviv”, there was also identified the main competitors of the organization (YNGO “AISEC”, “AEGEE” and “FRI”) at the own established criteria and their detailed study was realized. The implementation of strategic diagnostics was accompanied by SWOT analysis. The following strengths of the YNGO “BEST Lviv” were identified: highly qualified members, high-quality organization of activities according to the VMOST system, well-structured system, well-thought-out social microclimate, spelled out norms and available human resources. The weakness is the lack of public support for the organization.
As a result, there were developed recommendations to improve the competitiveness of the analyzed YNGO: achieving financial stability by attracting new partners; strengthening ties with existing ones and receiving grants; the use of available funds for renting a new office, improving the quality of project organization and financial support for recruitment; improving the system of motivation and mentoring; conducting in-depth analysis of the supply and demand market.
The results of the study also permit us to propose alternative strategic measures for the development of YNGO “BEST Lviv”, based on self-development options for students (active and passive participants), which could increase the effectiveness of this YNGO: support for participation in external trainings, development projects, internal international events of "BEST"; career support abroad; assistance in post-project self-realization of personality; development assistance through competitions; providing useful content-filling of pages of YNGO in social networks.
The practical significance of the paper lies in the invention of new opportunities for effective strategic management of real YNGOs.
1. Karmazina, O.O. (Ed.). (2018). Diialnist hromadskykh orhanizatsii v Ukraini u 2017 r. : Statystychnyi zbirnyk. Kyiv : Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. [In Ukrainian].
2. Ansoff, I. (2009). Strategicheskoe upravlenie : sokr. per. s angl. (L.I. Evenko, nauch.red.translit. i avt. predisl.). Moskva : Ekonomika. [In Russian].
3. Tompson, A., & Striklend Dzh. (2008). Strategicheskiy menedzhment. Iskusstvo razrabotki i realizaci : per. s angl. Moskva : Yuniti. [In Russian].
4. Vihanskiy, O.S. (2007). Strategicheskoe upravlenie: Uchebnik (2th ed.). Moskva: Gardariki. [In Russian].
5. Kotler, P. (1982). Marketing for Non-profit Organizations (2nd ed.). New Jersey: PrenticeHall.
6. Rossokha, V.V. (Ed.). (2013). Marketynhovyi menedzhment : Navch. posib. Kyiv : Karavela. [In Ukrainian].
7. Petrovych, Y. M., & Prokopyshyn, L. M. (2009). Upravlinskyi potentsial ta yoho vplyv na efektyvnist diialnosti mashynobudivnykh pidpryiemstv. Rehionalna ekonomika - Regional economy, 2, 71-80. [In Ukrainian].
8. Halaz, L. V. (2007). Trudovyi potentsial yak faktor ekonomichnoho zrostannia. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu "Lvivska politekhnika". Problemy ekonomiky ta upravlinnia - Bulletin of the Lviv Polytechnic National University. Problems of economy and management, 582, 19-23. [In Ukrainian].
9. Hrybyk, I. I., & Kopets, H. R. (2009). Problemy rozvytku personalu na vitchyznianykh pidpryiemstvakh. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu "Lvivska politekhnika". Problemy ekonomiky ta upravlinnia - Bulletin of the Lviv Polytechnic National University. Problems of economy and management, 640, 258-265. [In Ukrainian].
10. Lushchak, N. S. (2012). Naroshchuvannia intelektualnoho kapitalu dlia innovatsiinoi modernizatsii ekonomiky Ukrainy. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu "Lvivska politekhnika". Problemy ekonomiky ta upravlinnia - Bulletin of the Lviv Polytechnic National University. Problems of economy and management, 725, 156-163. [In Ukrainian].
11. Beschastnyi, V.M. (2007). Hromadski obiednannia v Ukraini : Navch. posib. Kyiv : Znannia. [In Ukrainian].
12. Kuzminskyi, V. O. (2006). Upravlinnia neprybutkovoiu orhanizatsiieiu : Monohrafiia. Kyiv : Lohos. [In Ukrainian].
13. Fisher, J. (2008). Nongovernments: NGOs and the Political Development of the Third Word. Connecticut : Kumarian Press.
14. Lewis, D. (2001). The Management of Non-Governmental Development Organizations. An Introduction. London ; NY : Ruetledge.
15. Hudson, M. (2004). Managing Without Profit. The Art of Managing Third-sector Organization. Directory of Social Change. London: Ruetledge.
16. Akimov, D. I. (2010). Social'nyy marketing i social'naya sfera obschestva : Monografіya. Har'kov : HNUim. V. N. Karazina. [In Russian].
17. Poltorak, V.A. (2013). Osvitnii marketynh v umovakh rozvytku rynku osvitnikh posluh v suchasnii Ukraini. Ukrainskyi sotsiolohichnyi zhurnal - Ukrainian Sociological Journal, 1-2, 24-29. [In Ukrainian].
18. Site of International Non-governmental Organization "Board of European Students of Technology (European region)" (2019, June 12). Retrieved from https://www.best.eu.org/
19. Official site of Youth NGO "Board of European Students of Technology" in Lviv (2019, June 12). Retrieved from https://best-lviv.org.ua.
20. Official site of Youth NGO "AISEC" in Ukraine (2019, June 12). Retrieved from http://aiesec.ua/.
21. Official site of Youth NGO "AEGEE" in Ukraine (2019, June 12). Retrieved from http://www.aegee.kiev.ua/.
22. Molodizhna hromadska orhanizatsiia "Fundatsiia Rehionalnykh Initsiatyv" : Ofitsiinyi sait. (2019, June 12). Retrieved from http://fri.com.ua/. [In Ukrainian].