Nowadays, one of the main tasks is the development of alternative energy. Despite the considerable number of advantages, such sources of energy as the sun and wind are not permanent, and since these sources naturally work in "antiphase" it is advisable to use them together. Also, due to their instability, they are typically used with various types of storage systems, in particular hybrid energy storage systems, such as a combination of batteries and supercapacitors, which have better performance. Thus, the object of wind-solar power plant is a complex system that requires a special approach to control. One of the well-known approaches to building control systems for complex objects are energy-based approaches.
This article shows the procedure for synthesize of the universal energy-shaping control system for the wind-solar power plant with hybrid energy storage system with wide range of tuning capabilities. The use of various parameters of the energy-shaping control system, which reflects the introduction of additional interconnections and damping, allows to adjust the energy flow inside closed loop system, and therefore to make customization depending on the desired result. For example, maintaining the voltage provided to the load or the smoothness of the battery current. The influence of possible parameters and their combination on the operation of a closed loop system is analyzed. The four most efficient structures of the energy-shaping control system with different parameter configurations have been synthesized: with natural energy flow, with additional interconnections and damping in the storage subsystems, with interconnections in generation subsystems, and in both types of subsystems. Their comparative studies were carried out, which confirmed the feasibility of introducing additional interconnections in all subsystems, namely: solar power plant, wind power plant, battery and supercapacitor. Such a system is able to provide optimal control of both the extracion of energy from all sources and its distribution across energy storage.
Energy-shaping controls systems of wind-solar power plants, through the introduction of additional interconnections and damping, provide wide customization capabilities, this can be especially useful for complex systems such as wind-solar power plants with hydride energy storage systems, where the coordination of subsystems operation, that meets many the requirements, is needed.
- Pіvnyak G., Shkrabec' F., Nojberger N., Ciplenkov D.. Fundamentals of wind power. Textbook. Dnіpro: NGU, 2015. 335 p.(Ukr).
- Shchur V. І. Energy efficient control of low power wind turbines for generating electrical and thermal energy: author's abstract of Ph.D. tech. sci. diss.: 05.09.03 / Lviv Polytechnic National University. Lvіv, 2017. 246 p. (Ukr).
- Klimko V. І. Wind-powered power systems for low-power consumers: author's abstract of Ph.D. tech. sci. diss.: 05.09.03 / Lviv Polytechnic National University. Lvіv, 2016. 209 p. (Ukr)
- Shchur I., Biletskyi Y. Interconnection and damping assignment passivity-based control of semi-active and active battery/supercapacitor hybrid energy storage systems for stand-alone photovoltaic installations. Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Advanced Trends in Radioelectronics, Telecommunications and Computer Engineering, TCSET . 2018, Pages 324–329. Vol 18. pp. 324–329.
- Shchur I. Z., Biletskyi Y. O. Energy-shaping control of non-linear electromechanical systems with permanent magnet synchronous machines. Monograph. Lvіv: Vidavnictvo L'vіvs'koi polіtehnіki, 2016. 174 p.(Ukr).
- Shchur І., Klimko V. Feasibility study of the parameters of a hybrid wind-solar system for power supply of an individual object. Elektromehanіchnі і energozberіgayuchі sistemi. 2014. Vol. 2. P. 92–100.
- Biletskyi Y., Shchur I., Shcherbovskyh S. Mechanical damping in energy-shaping control system of permanent magnet synchronous motor. Proceedings of the 4th Int. Conf, of Young Scientists EPECS-2013. Electronic edition on CD-ROM. Lviv, 2013. pp. 76–77..
- Ortega R., van der Schaft A. J., Castanos F., Astolfi A. Control by interconnection and standart passivity- based control of port-hamailtonian systems. IEEE Contr. Syst. Tech.. 2008. Vol. 53 No. 11. pp. 2527–2542..
- Shchur I., Rusek A., Biletskyi Y. Energy-shaping optimal load control of PMSG in a stand-alone wind turbine as a port-controlled Hamiltonian system. Przegląd elektrotechniczny (Electrical review). 2014. Vol. 5. pp. 50–55.
- Shchur I., Biletskyi Y. Application of the principles of passive control to a permanent magnet synchronous machine as a Hamiltonian system with controlled inputs/outputs. Electrical and Computer Systems. Themes issue: Automated Electric Drive Problems. Theory and Practice. – K.: Tehnіka, 2011. – P. 77–79. (Ukr)
- Alexandru C., Pozna C. Different tracking strategies for optimizing the energetic efficiency of a photovoltaic system. IEEE International Conference on Automation, Quality and Testing, Robotics (AQTR) (22–25 May 2008, Cluj-Napoca, Romania). 2008. Vol. 3. pp. 434–439.
- Chong W., Naghavi M., Poh S., Mahlia T., Pan K. Techno-economic analysis of a wind–solar hybrid renewable energy system with rainwater collection feature for urban high-rise application. Applied Energy. 2011. Vol. 88. pp. 4067–4077.
- Ekren O., Ekren B. Size optimization of a PV/wind hybrid energy conversion system with battery storage using simulated annealing. Applied Energy. 2010. Vol. 87. pp. 592–598.
- Nowdeh S., Mahdi H. Economic designing of pv/fc/wind hybrid system considering components availability. I. J. Modern Education and Computer Science. 2013. Vol. 7. pp. 69–77.
- Kuzyk R.-I., Biletskyi Y. Energy-Shaping Control of the Wind-Solar Power Plant with a Hybrid Energy Storage System. Proceedings of the 9th Int. Conf, of Young Scientists EPECS-2019. Electronic edition on CD-ROM. 2019. pp. 84–89.