The paper proposes one of the ways to set up an optimal mode of drilling oil and gas boreholes. The existing methods of control of the penetration rate and drill bit state were analysed. It was shown that due to incomplete and often distorted information it is difficult to perform control of the drilling process based on the mathematical model of the drill bit penetration, the solution of which is time dependencies of the penetration rate.
As while constructing the borehole, the net drilling time takes less than a half of the total time, and the rest of time is spent on auxiliary operations, the drilling speed per run was used for determining the optimal parameters of the drilling mode. Based on the analysis of the benefits and drawbacks of the methods of the drill bit state identification, it was decided to use the relative durability of the drill bit, which is invariant with respect to physico-mechanical properties of the rocks. The dependence of the drilling speed per run on the relative durability of the drill bit and other drilling parameters was derived. It was shown that such a transition makes it possible to unify the algorithm of assessing the optimal drilling speed per run, as it does not depend on the rock type and other factors. An example of calculating the maximum drilling speed per run ensuring the optimal durability of the drill bit for a selected drilling mode is presented.
- Vyrvinskyi P. P., Kuzin Yu. L., Khomenko V. L. Drilling technology. D.: NHU, 2014. 280 p. (Ukr)
- Ma, T., Chen, P. & Zhao, J. Overview on vertical and directional drilling technologies for the exploration and exploitation of deep petroleum resources // Geomech. Geophys. Geo-energ. Geo-resour. 2016. No. 2. pp. 365–395.
- Denys B. D., Boychuk B. H., Kaluzhnyi B. S. Electrical equipment and automation of oil production: Textbook. Lviv: Lviv Polytechnic National University, 2007. 171 p. (Ukr)
- Gandzhumyan R. А., Kalinin А. G., Serdyuk N. I. Drilling calculations. Textbook / Under. ed. А.G. Kalinin. М.:RGGU, 2007. 668 p. (Rus)
- Maistrenko, A. L., Bondarenko, M. O., Gargin, V. G. et al. Methods of improving efficiency of drilling operations for increasing oil and gas production in Ukraine // Jornal of Superhard Materials. 2007. No. 29. pp. 307–315.
- Vityaz О. Yu., Hrabovskyi R. S., Тyrlych V. V. Influence of service life on the results of assessment of conditions of destruction of drill string pipes during tripping processes // Naftohazova enerhetyka. 2017, No. 1. pp. 7–14. (Ukr)
- Horbiychuk М. І., Kropyvnytska V. B. Modeling and identification of the borehole deepening // Burinnya naftovykh ta hazovykh sverdlovyn. 2004. No. 1(3). pp. 9–12. (Ukr)
- Sementsov H. N., Hutak О. V. Modeling and identification of the drilling process for control tasks optimization: monograph. Odesa: Kupriyenko SV, 2014. 295 p. (Ukr)
- Decision-making in choosing drill bits and drilling operational parameters based on initial data / G. М. Efendiev et al. // Geoinformatika. 2016, No. 3 (59). pp. 30–39. (Rus)
- Makarova I. G., Sitnikov N. B. Borehole penetration rate // Izvestiya UHHU. 2005. No. 20. URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/mehanicheskaya-skorost-bureniya-skvazhin.(Rus)
- Badalov R.А. Rate of penetration curve and its analytical expression // Neft I gaz. 1958, No. 1. pp. 51–55. (Rus)
- AL-Mahasneh M. Optimization drilling parameters performance during drilling in gas wells // International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Engineering. 2017. No. 5(2). pp. 19–26.
- Invention certificate No. 872736 USSR.Е21 В 47/00. Device for determining bit wear during drilling /D. Denys, R. V. Dzyadyk, Е.А. Ivanitskyi, B. S. Kaluzhnyi, А. D. Мartynchuk, S. F. Мolchanova, applicants Lvovvskyi ordena Lenina politekhnicheskiy institut and Borislavskoye upravleniye burovykh rabot, petition. 18.12.1979, publ. 15.10.1981. Bulletin No. 38.