Submission guidelines to the manuscript
Manuscripts to-be-published in Herald of Lviv Polytechnic National University: Information Systems and Networks (ISN) Series should be prior submitted by the authors to the editorial secretary of the series as an E-mail attachment in English or Ukrainian to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paper length: Articles should be between 5–20 pages. Each article manuscript should be accompanied by the standard A4 format paper version, 2 reviews (external and internal), an act of expertise and a letter of solicitation from the (co)-authors place of affiliation.
The structure of the article should meet the requirements of the Higher Attestation Commission of Ukraine and consist of the following parts:
- Problem statement.
- Analysis of recent researches and publications.
- Formulation of article objectives.
- Presentation of the main material.
- References (in accordance with DSTU 8302: 2015) in Ukrainian and in English in accordance with international standards.
The UDC index (Universal Decimal Classification) should be printed as a separate line in the upper right corner.
The abstract in both Ukrainian and English should be presented before the text of the article. The length of the abstract should be not less than 1800 characters. The abstract should be necessarily followed by the keywords in each language.
Submission format for electronic versions of manuscripts of the articles
Acceptable file format for the texts of the articles is Microsoft Word processor in accordance with the following requirements:
- Publication format А4 (210x297 mm).
- margins: left – 1,8 cm, right – 2,5 cm, upper – 2 cm, bottom – 2,7 cm; header – 1,25 cm, footer – 1,6 cm.
- Page numbers in lower center.
- Main text: set Times New Roman, 11 pt type. Indent 1 cm from the first line. Maintain 1,1 spacing throughout.
- Heading. Please indicate UDC in the first right line; the following lines should separately include:
- authors, indicated via coma or space, paragraph to the right. Authors’ initials should be separated with one space;
- name and address of the place of affiliation, paragraph to the right;
- title of the article – Times, 14, capital letters, semi-bold, in the middle of the page;
- sign "©", name and surname of the author and co-authors (in italics), paragraph to the left;
- abstracts in English and Ukrainian (up to 60 words) (semi-bold, indent 1 cm from the left, indent 1 cm from the first line);
- key words (up to 8 words) (semi-bold, indent 1 cm from the left, indent 1 cm from the first line);
- subheading in the articles – Times New Roman, 11, small letters, semi-bold, in the middle of the page.
- Figures, images and graphics in the article should be inserted in a page-off, depending on the size. Description to Figures and graphics should use Text Times New Roman, 10, light-bold, italic. All figures, images and graphics should be executed in the form of an individual objects sized with the correspondence to the parameters of the page. The figures, images and graphics should be described and numbered (if more than one) below, in the center of the text (abbreviation: Fig. Number).
The * .tif, * .psd, * jpg figure formats (300 dpi resolution) should be imported into the Word file using the Insert / Draw menu. Black and white illustrations - Grayscale, colored - CMYK Color. Files with figures, images and graphics should be provided separately. Black and white drawings created in Excel, Visio Drawing, WordPad, CorelDRAW programs should be imported into the Word file using the menu: Insert / Object to enable their further transformation; colorful images should be converted to * .tif, * .psd, * jpg format (300 dpi, CMYK Color) (files should be added separately).
Figures and drawings created with Word should be grouped and available for corrections.
The possibility of printing colored illustrations must be prior agreed upon with the editorial board of the Herald.
- Tables should be presented as separate objects in MS Excel format or in MS Word within the sizes of the page. The table number should be indicated by the numbering header (for example, Table 1) - 11 type, on the right side of the table, in bold, italics. The main text of the table (in graphs) is given in type 10. The titles and description of the tables should be placed in the center of the page in type 11, the drawing should be in bold, straight line.
- Formulas should be given in Equation 3-5 format, aligned in the middle of the text and numbered in round brackets on the right margin. Font by the definition of MS Word: normal - 11 pt, large index - 9 pt, small index – 7 pt, large character - 18 pt, small character - 11 pt.
The elements of formulae should be marked in accordance with their functional application (sin x: sin - function, x - variable). Marks of mathematical, physical and other variables in the text and formulas should be written in italics, except for sin, cos, tg, ctg, etc.; numbers (criteria) Re, Nu, Gr, Ar, Pr, Eu, etc .; rot, div, grad, const, etc .; signs with the letters of the Greek alphabet or numbers.
Indices in these values should be written in plain letters of the Ukrainian and Greek alphabets and numbers. Letters of the Latin alphabet should be written in italics. If the index consists of one reduction, then the point/full stop after it is omitted. If it consists of several reductions, then the point/full stop is placed only within intermediate reductions, except for the last one. Both letters and numbers are written in direct font in the dimensions of the quantities. The designation of the vector can be made in two ways: either the letter in italics with an arrow over it, or the bold not italic letter, for example w.
- References: set Times New Roman, type 11, italics.
For Paper template please visit Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House: http://vlp.com.ua/periodicals/requirements.
For organizational questions
contact the Technical Secretary, Ph.D., Nataliia Veretennikova
Phone number: +38 (097) 866 30 25
Phone of the Information Systems and Networks Department: (032) 258-26-38