A characteristic problem of the national IT market is deficit of staff. There is a lack of practitioners willing to work in a modern company that dynamically develops and changes with the need of introducing new IT technologies. Traditionally, specialists in IT are prepared by universities. However, classical high school courses cannot provide students with sufficient level of competencies that would meet the expectations of the market. Academic school prepares researcher, not a practitioner. The young specialist, starting his career, faces the problem of lack of skills. Design methodology in the organization of practical training component can help to compensate the lack of practical knowledge, expand knowledge of new techniques and technologies. A considerable number of the ideas and organizational approaches implemented now in IT companies can be used in the educational process, thus removing the gap between university education and future professional activities of young people.
Implementation of project-based learning allows to form such competencies in students as: the ability to analysis and synthesis, learning ability, the ability to apply their knowledge in practice, capacity to adapt to new situations, information management skills, teamwork, solving organizational issues and planning, interpersonal skills, ability to produce new ideas, the ability to investigate, processing and analyzing information, the ability to assess and maintain the quality of the work etc. These competencies meet the requirements of employers and prepare students to effectively organize tasks in real projects. One of the problems which teacher meets – is an objective assessment of all project participants, because he needs to evaluate the project as a whole, and the work of everyone. This problem can be solved by applying of Scrum methodology.
The quality of professional training is determined by the terms of the transformation of academic environment (optimal set of subjects) into a new educational-professional (quasi-professional) space, created to support the learning process with interactive forms and technologies of learning, with implementation of real projects in educational labs and IT companies.
Comparison of competencies forming indicators is an integral part of feedback to adjust relevant training activities. Adequacy evaluation of IT professional's model of competencies in project-based learning allows to build the logic of discipline's sequences and their semantic content, as well as justify the combination of new and traditional educational technologies.
1. International testing center Pearson VUE [Electronic resource]. – Access: http://home.pearsonvue.com/
2. International Testing Center Certiport [Electronic resource]. – Access: http://www.certiport.com/
3. The Association for Computing Machinery [Electronic resource]. – Access: http: // info.acm.org
4. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers [Electronic resource]. – Access: http://www.ieee.org
5. Standards CC2001 [Electronic resource]. – Access: http: //ampl77.spb.ru/ publications/
6. Hrekul V. I., Denyschenko G. N., Korovkyna N. L. Governance of information systems. – M.: Internet University of Information Technologies. Bean. Laboratory of basic knowledge, – 2008. – 224 pp.
7. Braglia M., Frosolini M. An integrated approach to implement Project Management Information Systems within the Extended Enterprise // International Journal of Project Management. – 2014. – 32 (1). – P. 18–29.
8. Lee S.-K., Yu J.-H. Success model of project management information system in construction // Automation in Construction. – 2012. – 25. – P. 82–93.
9. Caniëls M., Bakens R. The effects of Project Management Information Systems on decision making in a multi project environment // International Journal of Project Management. – 2012. – 30 (2). – P. 162–175.
10. Orlov A. Secrets control programmers. – M.: Williams, 2008. – 192 p.
11. Reynvoter John. H. How herding cats. Manual for programmers, leading other programmers. St. Petersburg: Peter, 2006. – 256 p.
12. Tuning Educational Structures in Europe [Electronic resource]. – Access: http: // www.unideusto.org/tuningeu/
13. Scrum Methodology [Electronic resource]. – Access: http: // scrummethodology.com/
14. The site of the Institute of Business and Innovative Technologies Lviv Polytechnic National University [Electronic resource]. – Access: http://ippt.lp.edu.ua/