The results of the study of the technical regulation system in Ukraine are revealed in the article. Given the growing prospects of exporting Ukrainian products to EU markets, the features of harmonization of Ukrainian standards according to European norms are characterized. The main components of the technical regulation system are considered, in particular: metrology, standardization and conformity assessment. The main tasks of the system of technical regulation, standardization, metrology of Ukraine are defined. The structure of foreign trade within the framework of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU is examined. The advantages and opportunities for Ukraine from the introduction of the so-called "industrial visa waiver" with the European Union are outlined.
It is substantiated that the reform of the technical regulation system is aimed primarily at technical harmonization and technical regulation, which cause the elimination of trade barriers in international trade. Technical barriers to trade arise only when questions arise regarding safety requirements to prevent imports of products that are manufactured and certified in accordance with national technical regulations. Contemporary Ukraine is on the brink of change, which poses serious challenges to improving the competitiveness of Ukrainian producers in EU markets; the need to improve the business environment; improvement of public administration.
In order to achieve the objectives set out in the article, a regulatory approximation to the EU system is needed. Without significant changes in the technical regulation system of Ukraine, in particular in the field of standardization, accreditation, conformity assessment, metrology and market surveillance, it is impossible to hope for a real revival of business trade and economic relations with the European market, improving the quality and safety of Ukrainian products in the domestic market, consumer protection. The influence of e existing technical regulation system on the development of the consumer market, business, society and the state as a whole was analyzed.
- Law of Ukraine “On Technical Regulations and Conformity Assessment” of January 15, 2015 No. 124- VIII. Retrieved from: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/124-19 (accessed 08.03.2020).
- Vasylkivska T., Kabakov Y., Kozlovskaya M., Ostapenko O., Pravdiva O., Selinny M., Tymoshenko T., Chabak L. (2017). Implementation of requirements for technical regulation in Ukraine (agrarian sector, food industry, tourism). Chernihiv: Seversky Center for Postgraduate Education. 138 p.
- Vitkin L. M. (2016). Reforming the Technical Regulation System: Achievements and Plans for the Future. Strategic Panorama, 1, 98–104.
- Official site of the State Statistics Service. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ (accessed: 03/18/2020).
- Trade with the EU in 2019 in facts and figures. Retrieved from: http://eu-ua.org/zona-vilnoi-torhivli (accessed: 03/22/2020).
- CMU Official Website. In 2019, Ukraine exported goods and services to the European Union for $ 25 billion. USA. Retrieved from: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/news/u-2019-ukrayina-eksportuvala-tovariv-i-poslug-do- yevrosoyuzu-na-25-mlrd-dol-ssha (accessed 28.03. 2020).
- Presentation materials for the International Standardization Forum “Standards build trust”. Retrieved from: http://www.me.gov.ua/Documents / Print? Lang = uk-UA & id = a3874643-97f4-4b2b-89b5-d8a98f04fc09 (accessed 29.03.2020).
- The agreement on “Industrial visa waiver” will significantly simplify the export of Ukrainian products to 48 countries. Retrieved from: https://ukranews.com/en/news/680819-ugoda-pro-promyslovyj-bezviz-dozvolyt- istotno-sprostyty-eksport-ukrayinskoyi-produktsiyi-v-48-krayin (accessed 04/04/2020) .
- Lutsyshyn Z. O., Krachuk N. Y., Frolova T. O. (2019). Harmonization of the system of technical regulation in Ukraine to the EU requirements as a component of economic competitiveness. –Investment: practice and experience, 4, 5–16. https://doi.org/10.32702/2306-6814.2019.4.5
- Report on the Implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU for 2019. Retrieved from: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/storage/app/sites/1/55-GOEEI/ar-aa-implementation-2019-4.pdf (accessed 04/04/2020).
- Industrial visa-free regime, common aviation space, single digital market - Oleksiy Honcharuk spoke about Ukraine and EU priorities for 2020. Retrieved from: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/en/news/promislovij-bezviz- spilnij-aviacijnij-prostir-yedinij-cifrovij-rinok-oleksij-goncharuk-rozpoviv-pro-prioriteti-ukrayini-ta-yes-na-2020-rik (accessed 01/04/2020).
- Stefan N. V. (2011). Technical regulation in Ukraine: problems and achievements. – Information Processing Systems, No. 6 (96), 17–19.
- The model of technical regulation introduced in the EU is the most effective for international cooperation. RBC Ukraine. Retrieved from: http://www.rbc.ua/eng/finance/economic/model_tehnicheskogo_ regulirovaniya_vvedennaya_v_es_yavlyaetsya_naibolee_effektivnoy_dlya_mezhdunarodnogo_sotrudnichestva_spets ialisty_(accessed 06/04/2020).
- Artyukh T. M., Grigorenko I. V. (2015). Strategy of reforming the system of technical regulation in the context of creating an attractive business environment in Ukraine. Bulletin of the Cherkasy University. Series: Economic Sciences, 33, 3–8. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/VchuE_2015_33_3 (accessed 07/04/2020).