The relevance of the research is related to the importance of disclosing the success factors of industrialized countries. They skillfully use versatile forms and methods of struggle for leadership in the global economy for decades and even centuries. Leadership is aimed at ensuring a high level of welfare, guaranteed protection of the security and interests of citizens. The basis of success in tough competition in the context of globalization is and will be the following components: social cohesion and respect for the ancestral traditions of the nation, classical education, fundamental and applied science, powerful industry.
During the years of independence (1991-2019), Ukraine has lost its previously gained positions in the global industrial market. The current structure of its export potential indicates a gradual transition of Ukraine from the group of industrialized countries to the group of agro-industrial. At the end of 2018, food products and agricultural products (39.3 % or $ 18.6 billion), basic metals and products (24.6 % or
$ 11.6 billion), the main niche in the export structure, equipment and machinery (11.6 % or $ 5.5 billion). In 2014, the share of agricultural products in the export structure was 31.0 %. In foreign trade, products of plant origin prevail: wheat, maize, barley and soybeans. Over the past 10 years (2008-2018), exports of agro-food products have doubled.
The purpose of the research is to formulate theoretical, methodological and applied proposals aimed at the formation and implementation of the state paradigm of reviving the industrial sector of the economy as one of the decisive conditions for significantly strengthening Ukraine’s position on the world stage, improving the well-being of the population, of every citizen. The theoretical basis of the study is the key provisions of economics, conceptual approaches to the study of the laws of formation and development of the world economic system, its industrial sector. The methodological basis of the research is general scientific methods, as well as a set of special methods, determined by the essence of the formulated object and subject of study.
The article outlines the main factors of the renewal of the state policy, which contribute to strengthening its economic potential, gaining a leading position in the global economy. The evolution of the formation and development of the main branches of mechanical engineering as the basis of the industrial sphere of the world economy is considered. The principles of industrial policy management are characterized, the skillful use of which prompted specific states to move from a group of third-rate countries to world leaders (for example, Singapore). The reasons for the failure to implement a series of adopted strategies, concepts and regulations that led to the decline of the industrial sector in Ukraine, the loss of its position in the domestic and world markets are identified.
The novelty of the research lays in identifying patterns of success in the development of national economies through the introduction of new technologies, the use of effective management methods, above all, the industrial complex. The main conclusion of the article is that Ukraine requires the introduction of improved scientific approaches to the formation and successful implementation of the state paradigm of reviving the industrial sector of the economy on the path of Globalization 2.0, with an emphasis on creating an effective organizational mechanism for managing this process.
1. Danylyshyn V. (2016) Yak Ukrayini povernutysya v klub promyslovo rozvynenyh krain. Dzerkalo tyzhnya [How does Ukraine believe in the club of industrialized countries. The mirror of the week], 46. Retrieved from https://dt.ua/ promysh-liennost/yak-ukrayini-povernutisya-v-klub-promislovo-rozvi-nenih-krayin-262070_.html (in Ukrainian)
2. Geycya V.M. (Ed) (2015) Innovaciyna Ukrayina 2020 [Innovative Ukraine 2020]: nacionalna dopovid. К.: DU «IEP NAN Ukrayiny». (in Ukrainian)
3. Amoshi O.I. (Ed) (2017) Promyslovist Ukrayiny - 2016: stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku [Industry of Ukraine - 2016: the state and prospects of development]: nauk-analit.dop. In-t ekonomiky promyslovosti NAN Ukrayiny. К.: IEP NAN Ukrayiny (in Ukrainian)
4. Skrypchenko M.I. (Eds) (2018) Chynnyky I trendy ekonomichnogo zrostannya v Ukrayini [Factors and trends of economic growth in Ukraine]: monografiya. NAN Ukrayiny, DU «In-t ekon. tа prognozuv. NAN Ukrayiny». Kyiv. Retrieved from http://ief.org.ua/docs/mg/302.pdf (in Ukrainian)
5. Deyneko L.V., Shovkun I.A., Shelyodko E.I. (Eds) (2016) Neoindustrialna transformaciya promyslovogo potencialu Ukrayiny [Neo-industrial transformation of Ukraine's industrial potential]: monografiya. NAN Ukrayiny, DU «Іn-t ekon. ta prognozuv. NAN Ukrayiny». Kyiv Retrieved from http://ief.org.ua/docs/mg/277.pdf (in Ukrainian)
6. Robert H. Waterman, Jr. (1987) The Renewal Factor: How the Best Get and Keep the Competitive Edge. Bantam Books, New York
7. Tushman, Michael L., and Charles A. O'Reilly. (2002) Winning through Innovation: A Practical Guide to Leading Organizational Change and Renewal. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press
8. Shvab К. (2016) Chetvertaya promyshlennaya revolyucyya [The fourth industrial revolution]. M.: Eksmo (in Russian)
9. Adzhemoglu D., Robinson А. (2015) Pochemu odni strany bogatyye, a drugiye bednyye [Why are some countries rich and others poor]. M.: АST (in Russian)
10. Novek B.S. (2016) Umnyye grazhdane - umnoyo gosudarstvo: Eksperementnyye tehnologiyi I budushcheye [Smart citizens - a smart state: Expert technologies and the future]. M.: Olimp-Biznes (in Russian)
11. Fayol, Henri. (1917) Administration Industrielle et Générale [Industrial and general administration], 1917. djvu. Paris. H. Dunod et E. Pinat (in French)
12. Skudar G.M. (1999) Upravleniye konkurentosposobnostyyu krupnogo akcyonernogo obshchestva: problemy i resheniya [Managing the competitiveness of a large joint-stock company: problems and solutions]. К.: Nauk. dumka (in Russian)
13. Readiness for the Future of Production Report 2018. Insight Report. World Economic Forum. In collaboration with A.T. Kearney. Retrieved from http://www3.weforum.org/docs/ FOP_Readiness_Report_2018.pdf
14. Koroleva I.S. (2003) Mirovaya ekonomika: globalnyye tendencyyi za 100 let [Global Economy: Global Trends in 100 Years]: monografiya pod red. I.S. Koroleva. M.: Yurist (in Russian)
15. Reyting innovacyonnyh ekonomik - 2019: Yuzhnaya Koreya lidiruyet shest let [Innovative Economy Rating - 2019: South Korea has been in the lead for six years]. Retrieved from https://theworldonly.org/rejting-innovatsionnyh-ekonomik-2019/ (in Russian)
16. Pro shvalennya Strategiyi rozvytku promyslovogo kompleksu Ukrayiny na period do 2025 roku: rozporyadzhennya Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrayiny vid 17.04.2018. Proekt (neoficiynyy tekst) [On approval of the Strategy for the development of the industrial complex of Ukraine for the period up to 2025: the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 17.04.2018. Draft (unofficial text)]. Retrieved from http://search.ligazakon.ua/l_doc2.nsf/link1/NT4284.html (in Ukrainian)