The prospects of usage of walking drives in mobile robotic systems are overviewed. The walking machines may be effectively used when it is necessary to carry out various transporting and technological operations along the roads with light soils and low bearing strength (transportation of heavyweight structures for industrial enterprises) or along the territories which belong to nonrenewal categories (peat (turf) extracting, self-propelled field systems of irrigation). The preferences of cyclic (lever) walking mechanisms are analyzed. Cyclic biped walking movers used in drives of mobile robotic systems are distinguished by the structure and control simplicity (one degree of freedom).
The structure of crank-and-slider mechanism is synthesized in order to ensure the prescribed motion path of the supporting foot. The problems of kinematics of crank-and-slider mechanism are considered and the equations of the supporting foot motion are deduced. The kinematic parameters of four-bar crank-and-slider walking mechanism are accepted as the subject of research. The process of motion of the supporting foot of the walking mechanism is accepted as the object of research. The main aim of the investigation consists in carrying out structure and kinematics synthesis of mentioned mechanism with further derivation of analytical dependencies for calculating kinematic parameters of the supporting foot motion. The geometrical parameters of the walking mechanism are determined taking into account the advanced values of step length and foot raising height. As a result of carried out structure analysis it is ascertained that the mechanism consists of two structural groups: of the first class and of the second class second order second type.
The obtained results of kinematic analysis of the supporting foot motion are considered and the prospects of further investigations on the presented subject are substantiated. In particular, the goal function (11), which may be used for further optimization of structural parameters of the mechanism, is considered and the use of applied software for solving optimization problem is proposed. The optimization problem consists in evaluating such geometric parameters of the walking mechanism, which allow the motion of the supporting foot in accordance with the prescribed (specified) path.
1. Todd D.J. Walking machines: an introduction to legged robots / D.J. Todd. – London: Kogan Page Ltd, 1985. – 190 pp.
2. Shin-Min Song. Machines That Walk: The Adaptive Suspension Vehicle / Shin-Min Song, Kenneth J. Waldron. – Cambridge (MA, USA): MIT Press, 1989. – 314 pp.
3. Mark E. Rosheim. Robot Evolution: The Development of Anthrobotics / Mark E. Rosheim. – New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1994. – 423 pp.
4. Vitaliy Korendiy. Analysis of Structure and Kinematics of Four-Bar Crank-Rocker Walking Mechanism / V. Korendiy // Ukrainian journal of mechanical engineering and materials science. – 2015. – Volume 1, Number 2. – pp. 21–34.
5. Корендій В.М. Аналіз можливостей оснащення крокуючого модуля на базі двох циклових рушіїв механізмами орієнтації та стабілізації вертикального положення / В.М. Корендій, О.С. Бушко, О.Ю. Качур, Р.Ю. Скрипник // Науковий вісник НЛТУ України: збірник науково-технічних праць. – 2015. – Вип. 25.8. – С. 277–285.
6. Funabashi H., Horie M., Tachiya H., Tanio S. A synthesis of robotic pantograph mechanisms based on working spaces and static characteristics charts // JSME International Journal, Series III. – 1991. – 34 (2). – pp. 239–244.
7. Lau S. C., Othman W. A. F. W., Bakar E. A. Development of slider-crank based pole climbing robot // 2013 IEEE International Conference on Control System, Computing and Engineering. – Mindeb, 2013. – pp. 471–476.
8. Zhou, H., Cheung, E. H. M. Optimal synthesis of crank-rocker linkages for path generation using the orientation structural error of the fixed link // Mech. Mach. Theory. – 2001. – 36. – 973–982. 9. Figliolini Giorgio, Pierluigi Rea, Marco Conte. Design Flow-Chart of Slider-Crank Mechanisms and Applications // Proceedings del XIX Congresso Nazionale dell’Associazione Italiana di Meccanica Teorica e Applicata (AIMETA’09). – Ancona, 2009. – pp. 1–10.
10. Hroncová D., Frankovský P., Bettes G. Kinematical Analysis of Crank Slider Mechanism with Graphical Method and by Computer Simulation // American Journal of Mechanical Engineering. – 2016. – Vol. 4, No. 7. – pp 329–343.
11. Song Soh G., Ying F. Motion Generation of Planar Six- and Eight-Bar Slider Mechanisms as Constrained Robotic Systems. – ASME Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics. – 2015. – 7(3). – pp. 031018–031018-8.
12. Кіницький Я.Т. Теорія механізмів і машин / Я.Т. Кіницький. – К.: Наукова думка, 2002. – 659 с.