Editorial board sincerely ask authors to use the paper template for manuscript preparing. It is very important to organize references: one list according to the Ukrainian National Standard, another (all in English) - according to the Harvard style.
Manuscripts of the papers (author's originals) have to be submitted to editorial board of Herald in electronic form (CD, flash memory) both with version which is printed on standard A4 format paper. Files are written two times (captions with italic font) – original and copy.
Texts of the papers have to be typed in Microsoft Word (stattia.doc) (font – Times New Roman Cyr, size – 11, interval – 1.1) in accordance with next requirements:
1. Publication format А4 (210 х 297 mm).
• indents: on the left – 18 mm, on the right – 25 mm, from the top – 20 mm, from below – 27 mm;
• page number has to be in the center at the bottom of the page with the indent from the edge of the page – 17 mm.
2. Major font: font – Times, size – 11. Indent of first line – 1 cm. Exception in accordance with the format.
In the first line on the right, “UDC (bold)” must be noted; in every next line:
• initials and authors surname and co-authors (bold), exception – on the right;
• name and address of the organization where the author works, exception – on the right;
• name of the paper – Times, 14, capitalized, bold, centered;
• sign "©", name and surname of the author and co-authors (italic) exception – on the right;
• annotation in Ukrainian (up to 60 words) (bold, italic, narrower format – 1cm);
• initials and surname of the author and co-authors (bold), exception – on the right (in English);
• name and address of the organization where the author works, exception – on the right (in English);
• name of the paper – Times, 14, capitalized, bold, centered (in English);
• sign "©", name and surname of the author and co-authors (italic) exception – on the right (in English);
• extended annotation in English (till the end of the first page of manuscript paper) (bold, italic). Also, extended annotation in English and its Ukrainian translation have to be presented in a separate file (adv_abstract.doc);
• subtitle in papers – Times, 11, lowercase letters, bold, centered.
4. Illustrations: contrary to the page – depending on size. Cutline – Times, 10, centered, drawing is light, italic. All illustrations and graphics have to be performed as a separate objects with sizes according to the page parameters. Illustrations have to be signed and numbered (if there are more then one) under the illustration in the center (shortening: Fig. number). Pictures of formats *.tif, *.psd, *jpg (resolution is not less than 300 dpi) are imported in Word's file with help of menu: Insertion!Illustration. Black and white illustration - Grayscale, color - CMYK Color. Separately are submitted files with illustrations. Black and white illustrations that are created in programs Excel, Visio Drawing, WordPad, CorelDRAW are imported in Word’s file with help of menu: Insertion!Object, in order to ensure possibility of transformation, colored are transformed into formats *.tif, *.psd, *jpg (300 dpi, CMYK Color) (files are added separately). Illustrations that are created with help of Word’s means are grouped and have to be available for editing. Possibility of printing of colored illustrations is necessary to coordinate with editorial board of the Herald.
5. Tables are submitted as separate objects of Excel format for Windows or in МS Word with sizes that are fitted to the page. The main font size of the table is 10, title is 11. Title of the table is placed in the center of the page in bold and straight type. Numerations are placed (if there is more than one table) at the right edge of the table, italic.
6. Equations are submitted in format of “Equation 2-4”. They are placed in the center of the page and are numerated in round brackets on the right edge. Font is defined by MS Word: custom – 11 pt, large index - 9 pt, small index - 7 pt, a great symbol - 18 pt small symbol - 11 pt. Large size expressions and equations must be written in a few lines.
7. References: font Times, size 11, italic. Two copies of the list are required: first - according to the Ukrainian National Standard, second (all in English) - according to the Harvard style. Each reference started from new paragraph must be marked with a number.
8. Names of files must be in Latin characters.
It is necessary to submit the next documents to the editorial board:
1) One printed copy of the manuscript of up to six pages signed by all authors under the last line of manuscript and signed by the head of the department above the first line on the first page;
2) Electronic files: 1) The text of the article, 2) extended abstract and its translation into Ukrainian (if the language of the paper is English, extended abstract must be given in Ukrainian without translation) 3) file that contains information about the author (name, degree, rank, position, research interests, phone, fax, email);
3) Authors who do not work at the Lviv Polytechnic National University must prepare letter consent to the publication of the institution in which the author works signed by the institution's Head or his/her deputy;
4) Receipt of payment;
All submitted papers will be reviewed by two reviewers in a non-blind way.
The cost of publication – 78 UAH for each page. (According to: Lviv Polytechnic National University Rector's Order No. 26-2-10, 20.06.2017 "On publishing of scientific periodical publications in Lviv Polytechnic National University in 2017")
Bank details (payment can only be made by transfer):
Acceptor: Lviv Polytechnic National University Enterprise Code: 02071010 Account number: 31251250201057 Bank: State Treasury Service of Ukraine Bank code: 820172 Purpose of the payment: publishing of the paper in Series of Radioelectronics and Telecommunications