The article is devoted to the problem of the impact of street parking on delays and the average speed of traffic flow. The sections with different ways of putting vehicles near the roadway in the central part of Lviv city with the most saturated flow were exposed to scientific scrutiny. For this purpose, the program software PTV Vissim is used. The causes of the impact of street parking on traffic flow speed and roadway capacity are analyzed. Simulation model was created, with the use of which the operation of the street section where parking is allowed and without parking, and also the impact of the parking duration on the average speed of traffic flow and its delays were investigated. It is clarified that the least values the average traffic delay has with the parking duration of 900 and 1800 sec, and the biggest values it has with the duration of 300 sec. It is determined that during the street parking design parallel to the sidewalk it is necessary to implement the restriction of the parking duration to increase the road network capacity and traffic flow speed
1. Polischuk, V. P., Zagoruy, O. O. (2004). To the question about car parking. Do pitannya schodo parkuvannya avtomobiliv (pp. 175–180). – Kyiv: Tehnika (in Ukrainian).
2. Rao, A. M., Rao, K. R. (2012). Measuring urban traffic congestion – a review. International Journal for Trafficc and Transport Engineering, Volume 2(4). 286–305 (in English) https://doi.org/10.7708/ijtte.2012.2(4).01
3. Knote, T. (2011). The Determination of Conflicting Flow Rates for the Calculation of Capacities of Minor Traffic Streams on Priority Intersections. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 16. 642–652 (in English) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.04.484
4. Prasetijo, J., Pour, M.H., Ghadiri, S.M. (2011). Capacity of Unsignalized Intersections under Mixed Traffic Conditions. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 16. 676–685 (in English) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.04.487
5. Zagoruy, O. O. (2007). Impact of parked vehicles on street network capacity. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: NTU (in Ukrainian).
6. Stel'mah, O.V (2004). City planning principles and methods of formation the system of private cars parking in big and large cities of Ukraine (on example of Kyiv city). Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: KNUBA (in Ukrainian).
7. Fornalchik, E. Yu., Bilous, A. B., Mogila, I. A. (2012). Impact of on-street parking on the running way capacity and the average velocity of traffic flow. Vpliv vulichnih stoyanok na propusknu zdatnist proyiznoyi chastini ta serednyu shvidkist transportnogo potoku, Volume 2, 47–53 [in Ukrainian].
8. Lobashov, O.O. (2010). Modelyuvannya vplivu merezhi parkuvannya na transportni potoki u mistah [Modelling the impact of parking network on traffic flows in cities]. Kharkiv: HNAMG (in Ukrainian).
9. Gavrilov, E. V., Dmitrichenko, M. F., Dolya,V. K., Lanoviy, O. T., Linnik, I. E., Polischuk, V. P. (2005). Fundamentals of the theory of systems and control. Kyiv: ZNANNJA UKRAJINY (in Ukrainian).
10. Vasyl'jeva, G. Ju. (2007). Minimization methods of traffic delays on the arterial street network of Ukrainian cities. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: KNUBA (in Ukrainian).
11. Klementschitz, R., Grass, P. (2019). The effects of a new park and ride facility supply in the city of Vienna, Austria. WIT Transactions on The Built Environment, Volume 186. 11–21. doi: 10.2495/UT190021 (in English) https://doi.org/10.2495/UT190021
12. Ismiyati, I., Wicaksono, Y.W., Riyanto, B., & Parulian R. (2018). Control of urban parking based on zoning rates in the context of sustainable transportation. MATEC Web of Conferences, Volume 195. 1–10. doi: 10.1051/matecconf/201819504020 (in English) https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201819504020
13. Madhu, K.A., Rajakumara, H.N. (2019). Effect of Improper Bus Stop Locations on Capacity and Speed-Flow Relations on Urban Roads. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, Volume 8. 1489–1494. doi: 10.35940/ijrte.C4148.098319 (in English) https://doi.org/10.35940/ijrte.C4148.098319
14. Putra, R., Hidayah, R. (2019). The Effects of On-Street Parking Toward Street Performance (Case Study: Kaliurang Street, Yogyakarta, Indonesia). International Conference on Sustainable Insfrastructure, Volume 366. 1–10. doi: 10.1088/1755-1315/366/1/012026 (in English) https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/366/1/012026
15. Geistefeldt1, J. (2011). Capacity effects of variable speed limits on German freeways. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 16. 48–56 (in English) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.04.428
16. Koohpayma, J., Tahooni, A., Jelokhani-Niaraki, M., & Arsanjani J. J. (2019). Spatial Analysis of Curb-Park Violations and Their Relationship with Points of Interest: A Case Study of Tehran, Iran. Sustainability, Volume 11. 1–15 (in English) https://doi.org/10.3390/su11226336
17. Sulistyono, S., Sulistio, H., Djakfar, L., & Badriani R.E. (2018). On street parking and its impact on road performance. MATEC Web of Conferences, Volume 181. 1–8. doi: 10.1051/matecconf/201818106008 (in English) https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201818106008
18. Khaliq, A., Waerden, P., Djakfar, L., & Wets G. (2019). A Conceptual Framework for Forecasting Car Driver’s On-Street Parking Decisions. Transportation Research Procedia, Volume 37. 131–138 (in English) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2018.12.175
19. Carlos, A., Toledo, M. (2011). Congestion Indicators and Congestion Impacts: A Study on the Relevance of Area-wide Indicators. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 16. 781–791 (in English) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.04.497