The article is dedicated to the problem of formation of future marine engineers’ readiness for intercultural communication. The purpose of the article is defined as analysis of the formation of readiness of the future marine engineers for intercultural communication by means of game simulation technology. The authors analyze the of scientific and pedagogical literature highlighting different aspects of the problem under research, define the main terms and notions, and focus on pedagogical technologies, contributing to the formation of future marine engineers’ readiness for intercultural communication. The issue of readiness for intercultural communication of the future marine engineers is dealt with in the works of such researchers as F. Batsevych, H. Devyatova, V. Yeromina, A. Kozak, O. Krychkivska, N. Paperna, A. Sadokhin, M. Safina, A. Solodka, M. Sokolova, L. Yusupova. The simulation game technologies have been presented as the mean of developing students’ instrumental motivation to learn a foreign language in general, as well as to develop skills of intercultural communication. The authors analyze different types of games used in the educational process (business, role–plays, didactic, simulation games etc.), as well as the components included in the structure of the game activity (motivating, orientating, executive, monitoring, and evaluating.
1. Batsevych, F. (2007). Slovnyk terminiv mizhkulturnoi komunikatsii [Dictionary of the terms of intercultural communication]. Dovira, 205.
2. Devyatova, H.H. (2002). Formirovaniye gotovnosti budushchikh uchiteley inostrannogo yazyka k mezhkulturnoi kommunikatsii [Formation of readiness of the future foreign language teachers for intercultural communication]. Magnitogorsk, 189.
3. Fisenko, A.I. (2011). Innovatsyonnyye obrazovatelnyye tehnologii v vuze: organizatsyya, upravleniye, efektivnosts [Innovative educational technologies in higher education establishment: organization, management, efficiency]. Vladivostok, 208.
4. Gladush, A.V. & Lysenko, G.I. (2014). Pedagogika vyshchoi shkoly: teoriya, praktyka, istoriya [Higher education pedagogy: theory, practice and history]. Aktsent, 416.
5. Haysyna, L.F. (2004). Gotovnosts studentov vuza k obshcheniyu v multikulturnoi srede i yeyo formirovaniye [The willingness of university students to communicate in multicultural environment and its formation]. Orenburg, 113.
6. Kahveci, E., Lane, T. & Sampson, H. (2002). Transnational sea farer communities. UK: Seafarers International Research Centre, Cardiff University, 41.
7. Kichuk, N.V. (2005). Igrove proektuvannya yak interaktyvna dydaktychna tehnologiya pidgotovky fakhivtsiv [The game design as an interactive didactic technology of specialists’ training]. Nauka i osvita, 3–4, 61–65.
8. Kozak, A.V. (2011). Formuvannya gotovnosti maybutnikh fakhivtsiv u sferi mizhnarodnykh vidnosyn do mizhkulturnoi komunikatsii [Formation of the future specialists in international relations readiness to intercultural communication]. Lutsk, 243.
9. Platonov, K.K. (1971). Struktura i razvitiye lichnosti [The structure and development of personality]. Moscow, 238.
10. Sadokhina, A.P. (2014). Vvedeniye v teoriyu mezhkulturnoi kommunikatsii [Introduction to intercultural communication]. KIORUS, 254.
11. Safina, M.S. (2005). Formirovaniye gotovnosti k mezhkulturnoi kommunikatsii studentov gumanitarnykh vuzov (na materiale izucheniya inostrannogo yazyka [Formation of readiness of students of humanitarian higher education establishments to intercultural communications (based on the study of a foreign language)]. Kazan, 185.
12. Savchenko, O.Ya. (1999). Dydaktyka pochatkovoi shkoly [Didactics of the primary school]. Geneza, 389.
13. Selevko, H.K. (1998). Sovremennye obrazovatelnye tehnologii [Modern educational technologies]. Moscow, Nar. Obr., 52.
14. Slastionin, V.A. (1993). Sotsialnyi pedagog i sotsialnyi rabotnik: lichnost i professiya [The social educator and social worker: personality and profession]. Theory and practice of social work: domestic and foreign experience, 265–274.
15. Ting–Toomey, S. (1999). Communicating Across Cultures. New York: The Guilford Press, 310.
16. Vitvytska, S.S. (2006). Osnovy pedagogiky vyshchoi shkoly [Fundamentals of higher education pedagogy]. K.: Tsentr navchalnoi literatury, 384.