Problem setting. The rapid development of modern society requires the creation of new forms of cooperation and mutual understanding and requires new forms of communication, which will be characterized by even greater efficiency, openness, transparency, efficiency and quality. The total penetration of communication into all spheres of public life actualizes its significance and functional role.
Modern transformational processes taking place in society necessitate the creation of responsible institutions of civil society, which include public organizations that act as a mediator between the community and the state. The level of public trust in them depends on the effectiveness of communicative activities of NGOs because successful communication is the basis of constructive dialogue between public organizations and society.
Recent research and publications analysis. Ukrainian scientists study various aspects of the activity of NGOs, in particular, the development of mass and civil communication, public relations are studied in their works of such domestic scientists as: E. Afonin, V. Bebyk, M. Bilynska, O. Valevskyi, T. Vasilevskaya, N. Hrytsyak, N. Hudyma, V. Hurkovskyi, O. Dmytrenko, L. Klymanska, M. Lohunova, D. Nelipa, I. Panteleichuk, O. Petroye, G. Pocheptsov, O. Pukhkal, V. Rebkalo , V. Rizun, E. Romanenko, A. Savkov, S. Seryogin, G. Sytnyk, S. Teleshun, I. Chaplai and others.
Highlighting previously unsettled parts of the general problem. Understanding the general features and trends of the development of public organizations, as well as the establishment of their effective internal and external communicative activity, require more detailed consideration and detailed study.
The paper aims at theoretically substantiating the tools for ensuring the effectiveness of communicative activities of NGOs as a basis for open and rational dialogue in a consolidated society.
Paper main body. The issue of improving the communicative interaction of public organizations with government bodies and the media does not disappear from the agenda of either government agencies or public associations.
The effectiveness of communication of public organizations in Ukraine depends primarily on the literacy of their communication campaigns, which implies the presence in NGOs of communication strategies, which involve high-level professionals with many years of practical experience.
Today, the participation of Ukrainians in the social movement and the trust in the institutions of the third sector and their influence on the development of society and community are growing. The results of the study showed that the efficiency of communicative activities of NGOs directly depends on public confidence in them.
Social networks are a unique platform for consolidating different groups of actors based on the commonality of their interests, and as a result of communicative interaction, there is a large-scale synergetic effect. This way of showing civic activity can be considered the most efficient and widespread.
The article considers the advantages and risks of the use of social networks by public organizations in the communicative activity of the public sector, outlines several rules of communication in social networks for public organizations.
The article states that the effectiveness of communication of NGOs also depends on cooperation with journalists and the choice of audience. The quality of feedback and the level of public trust in NGOs depend on the ability to convey relevant information to the audience in a timely and high-quality manner.
We should not underestimate the growing role of public organizations in the consolidation of society, a necessary condition for which is the creation of a single information space. National consolidation will be successful when the state policy in this area is complemented by the activities of civil society institutions, their effective internal and external communication activities.
In our opinion, there is a necessity to establish consolidated communication as a process of multifaceted communication within society through various communication channels and tools to strengthen, unite, integrate and pull together society to form a common coherent approach to solving societal problems.
Conclusions of the research and prospects for further studies. Effective NGOs, as an element of civil society, are the catalyst for its development. Every NGO, since its inception, seeks to plan its activities in such a way as to achieve its goals in the shortest possible time, to become known, to influence public opinion. This area is an important factor that affects the necessity for communicative interaction between the state and civil society.
Among the tools for ensuring the efficiency of communicative activity of NGOs, we consider it appropriate to name: the presence of feedback and the level of public confidence in them; literacy of public communication campaigns; correct use of social networks in the communicative activity of the public sector; establishing active cooperation with journalists; definition of the target audience; use of modern communication formats; selection of communication channels that correspond to the target audience; establishing consolidated communication.
Further research in this direction should be aimed, in particular, at an in-depth studying of consolidated communication as a major factor in the consolidation of Ukrainian society.
- Kozakov, V. M., Rashkovska, O. V., Rebkalo, V. A., Romanenko, Ye. O., Chaplai, I. V. (2017). Derzhavno-hromadianska komunikatsiia: shliakh vid kryzy do vzaiemodii. Kyiv: DP “Vyd. dim “Personal”. pp. 36 [in Ukrainian].
- Dzуana, H. O., Dzуanyу, R. B., Oliinyk, S. R. (2021). Diievi sposoby komunikatyvnoi vzaiemodii mizh hromadskistiu ta orhanamy publichnoi vlady. Rozvytok publichnoho upravlinnia v Ukraini, Proceedings of the International Scientific and Practical Conference. Lviv: LRIPA NAPA. рр. 7-13 [in Ukrainian].
- Ievdokymova, I., Vitkovska, I. (2019). Tendentsii rozvytku hromadskykh orhanizatsii u suchasnii Ukraini. Visnyk KhNU imeni V. N. Karazina, Issue. 41, рр. 42-48 [in Ukrainian].
- Shevchenko, M. F., Holovenko, V. A., Halustian, Yu. M. et al. (2001). Tretii sektor v Ukraini: problemy stanovlennia Kyiv: Ukrainskyi in-t sotsialnykh doslidzhen. рр. 10 [in Ukrainian].
- Kozakov, V. M., Rashkovska O. V., Rebkalo V. A., Romanenko Ye. O., Chaplai I. V. (2017). Derzhavno-hromadianska komunikatsiia: shliakh vid kryzy do vzaiemodii…рр. 166.
- Dovira do hromadskykh orhanizatsii zrostaie, ale suspilstvo staie bilsh radykalnym, – rezultaty doslidzhennia. (2018). URL :
- https://www.irf.ua/dovira_do_gromadskikh_organizatsiy_zrostae_ale_suspilstvo_stae_bilsh_radikalnim_rezultati_doslidzhennya/ [in Ukrainian].
- Otsinka sytuatsii v kraini, dovira do instytutiv suspilstva ta politykiv, elektoralni oriientatsii hromadian. (2021). URL : https://razumkov.org.ua/napriamky/sotsiologichni-doslidzhennia/otsinka-sytuatsii-v-kraini-dovira-do-instytutiv-suspilstva-ta-politykiv-elektoralni-oriientatsii-gromadian-berezen-2021r [in Ukrainian].
- Marmeladze, M. (2020). Kozhnyi chetvertyi ukrainets vvazhaie hromadski orhanizatsii vplyvovymy. URL : https://zz.detector.media/community/texts/181078/2020-09-29-kozhnyy-chetvertyy-ukrainets-vvazhaie-gromadski-organizatsii-vplyvovymy/ [in Ukrainian].
- Tolokolnikova, K. (2018). Dovira, paternalizm i pasyvnist: yak ukraintsi stavliatsia do hromadskykh orhanizatsii. URL : https://dif.org.ua/article/dovira-paternalizm-i-pasivnist-yak-ukraintsi-stavlyatsya-do-gromadskikh-organizatsiy [in Ukrainian].
- Chupryna, L. (2015). Sotsialni merezhi yak instrument realizatsii hromadskykh initsiatyv. Naukovi pratsi Natsionalnoi biblioteky Ukrainy im. V. I. Vernadskoho, Issue 41, рр. 54-68 [in Ukrainian].
- Shist pravyl komunikatsii u sotsmerezhakh dlia hromadskykh orhanizatsii. (2018). URL : https://euprostir.org.ua/practices/132539?fbclid=IwAR3CZe714QB4sj-d6wbTVUCICJ7fKcyJ-2oGIimY_JWqPiETLoqzc 89W2T4 [in Ukrainian].
- Hrechko, O. Yu., Kohut, I. A., Levchenko, O. V., Yaskevych, A. Y. (2016). Praktyka vykorystannia instrumentiv elektronnoi demokratii hromadskymy orhanizatsiiamy v Ukraini. Rezultaty ekspertnoho opytuvannia. Vinnytsia : GO “Podilska agentsia rehionalnoho rozvytku”. 49 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Social Networking: A Guide to Strengthening Civil Society through Social Media. URL : https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/documents/1866/SMGuide4CSO.pdf.
- Shist pravyl komunikatsii u sotsmerezhakh dlia hromadskykh orhanizatsii…
- Matiichyk, A. V. (2016). Samoorhanizatsiia hromadianskoho suspilstva yak chynnyk demokratychnoi modernizatsii politychnoi systemy Ukrainy suspilstva (Candidates thesis). Ivano-Frankivsk : Prykarpatskyi natsionalnyi universytet imeni Vasylia Stefanyka [in Ukrainian].
- Chupryna, L. (2015). Sotsialni merezhi yak instrument realizatsii hromadskykh initsiatyv… pp. 54-68.
- Lutsyshyn, H. (2018). Vplyv instytutiv hromadianskoho suspilstva na protses natsionalnoi konsolidatsii v suchasnii Ukraini. Naukovi zapysky, Issue 4 (78), рр. 22-32 [in Ukrainian].
- Dzуana, H. O., Dzуanyу, R. B. (2018). Konsolidovana komunikatsiia u zabezpechenni uspishnosti provedennia reform, Publichne upravlinnia ХХІ stolittia: svitovi praktyky ta natsionalni perspektyvy, Abstracts of the international
- Scientific Congress. Kharkiv : Vyd-vo KhRI NAPA “Mahistr”. рр. 43-46 [in Ukrainian].