The scientific approaches of Ukrainian and foreign scientists to the interpretation of the concept of strategic enterprise management and compares their characteristics are systematized in this article; different stages of evolution of strategic management systems in the context of functioning of scientific schools are analyzed, their basic principles are presented and their key representatives are singled out; the comparative analysis of approaches of different scientific schools is carried out, advantages and disadvantages of their views on strategic management and strategy formation are determined. For further structuring of knowledge in the field of strategic management, the essence of the concept of strategy was determined according to the interpretation of different scientists and the organization strategies were classified by key characteristics and levels of implementation; their key characteristics have been identified. Particular attention is paid to basic models of strategic enterprise management, taking into account their features, advantages and disadvantages; the structure and algorithms of strategic management based on the analyzed models are graphically demonstrated. According to the results of the research, conclusions were drawn regarding the theoretical bases of understanding the essence of strategic management of enterprises and differences in their interpretation in the works of different authors, characteristics of basic models of strategic management are generalized, the importance of strategic management to ensure the effective operation of the organization is emphasized; the features of strategic management in the conditions of the modern changing environment are characterized and the expediency of basic models of strategic management for modern enterprises is determined, the proposals for the further development and deepening of the investigated topic are developed.
1. Ansoff, I., Kipley, D., Lewis, A., Helm-Stevens, R., & Ansoff, R. (2018). Implanting strategic management. Springer.
2. Ansoff, I. (1989). Strategicynyi menedgment, Economika, Moskva, Russia [in Russian].
3. Romaniuk, L. (2009). Suchasni tendentsii stratehichnoho upravlinnia pidpryiemstvom. Naukovi pratsi KNTU. Ekonomichni nauky, vol. 15 [in Ukrainian].
4. Martinenko, M. and Ignatieva I.A. (2006). Strategicheskiy manegement, Karavella, Kiev, Ukraine [in Russian].
5. Vikhanskiy, O. (2013). Strategicheskoe upravlenie. Moskva: Gardariki. [In Russian].
6. Kadyrov, M. (2000). Sistema strategicheskogo upravlenija kak osnova restrukturizacii biznesa. Vestnik TISBI, 2, pp. 12-14 [in Russian].
7. Thompson, A., Strickland, A., & Gamble, J. (2015). Crafting and executing strategy: Concepts and readings. McGraw-Hill Education.
8. Shershnova, Z. (2004). Strategicheskoe ypravlinnya [Strategic management], KNEU, Kiev, Ukraine. [in Russian].
9. Hatten, K. (1975). Strategy, Beer and Profits. Working paper 75-14, Harvard Business School.
10. Higgins, J., Vincze, J. (1993). Strategic Management. Text and Cases. Fifth Edition, Harcourt Brace Jovanovich College Publishers.
11. Schendel, D., Patton, G. (1978). A Simultaneous Equation Model of Corporate Strategy. Management Science, p. 1611-1621.
12. Smith, G., Arnold, D., Bizzell, B. (1991). Business strategy and policy. Houghton Mifflin Co.
13. Kleiner, G. (1997). Predpriyatiya v nestabil'noj ekonomicheskoj srede: riski, strategii, bezopasnost'. Moskva, Ekonomika [in Russian].
14. Popov, S. (2019). Strategicheskij menedzhment: aktual'nyj kurs. Moskva, Izdatel'stvo YUrajt [in Russian].
15. Porter, M. (1980). Industry structure and competitive strategy: Keys to profitability. Financial analysts journal, 36(4), 30-41.
16. Kindratska, H.I. (2010). Stratehichnyi menedzhment. Lviv: Lviv Polytechnic National University [in Ukrainian].
17. Veles'ko, E., Bykov, A., Drazhek, Z. (1997). Strategicheskoe upravlenie: Praktika prinyatiya sistemnyh reshenij. Mn.: Tekhnalogiya; Izd-vo BGEU [In Russian].
18. Oster, M. (1979). Celevoe upravlenie organizaciej, Moskva, Sov. Radio [in Russian].
19. Henderson, B. (1989). The origin of strategy. Harvard business review. - Nov.- Dec. - pp.139-143.
20. Mintsberg, G., Alsterend, B., Lempel, D. (2002). Skoly strategiy. Strategicheskoe safary: ekskyrciya po debryam strategiy menegmenta. Piter, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia [In Russian].
21. Andrews, K. (1971). The Concept of Corporate Strategy, Dow Jones. Irwin, Homewood, 1971, 245 p.
22. Chandler, A. (1962). Strategy and Structure; Chapters in the History of the Industrials Enterprises. Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press.
23. Giles (2013). Sun Tzu On The Art Of War. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge.
24. Schumpeter, J., Backhaus, U. (2003). The Theory of Economic Development. The European Heritage in Economics and the Social Sciences, vol 1. Springer, Boston, MA.
25. Simon, L, Davies, G. (1996). A contextual approach to management learning. Organization studies, pp. 269-289.
26. Quinn, J. (1992). Intelligent Enterprise. Free Press, New York.
27. Dill, W. (1958). Environment as an influence on managerial autonomy. Administrative Science Quarterly, pp. 409-443.
28. Peters, Thomas J. (1982). In search of excellence : lessons from America's best-run companies. New York :Harper & Row.
29. Hannan, Michael and Freeman, J. (1977). The Population Ecology of Organizations. American Journal of Sociology, Vol. 82, Issue 5.
30. Miller, K. D. (1992). A framework for integrated risk management in international business. Journal of international business studies, 23(2), pp. 311-331.
31. Astley, W., Fombrun, C. (1983). Collective Strategy: Social Ecology of Organizational Environments. Academy of Management Review, Vol. 8, No. 4.
32. David, F. (2016). Strategic management: A competitive advantage approach, concepts and cases. Pearson-Prentice Hall.
33. Lynch, R. (1997). Corporate Strategy. Aldersgate Consultancy Limited.
34. Rulev, V., Gutkevich S. (2011). Strategicheskiy manegement. Kiev, TSUL, 312 p. [in Russian].