Design of a high-frequency inverter with high quality of output parameters along with reduction of its circuit complexity and cost is a topical task. In the paper, the main methods of the design of high-frequency inverters are analyzed. The principle of a magnetic switch operation based on high-frequency magnetic amplifiers, whose magnetic core is made of amorphous alloy with rectangular hysteresis loop, is described.
The paper suggests a new method of the design of the power inverter based on high-frequency magnetic amplifiers. The proposed circuitry allows obtaining the higher quality of output ac voltage, higher level of dynamic characteristics, reliability and efficiency of the inverter. It also provides low level of both radiative and conductive electromagnetic interferences. Besides, it allows the regulation of output ac voltage within a wide frequency range.
The use of the cores of different sizes for high-frequency magnetic amplifiers allows the realization of the inverters in a wide range of output powers (hundreds watts to 10 kilowatts).
Such power inverters can be used for uninterruptable power supplies, renewable power supplies and frequency regulation of electric drives.
- M. Galad, R. Mazgut, and P. Spanik, “Comparison of parameter and efficiency of transformerless inverter topologies,” in Proc. IEEE Intenational Conference on Electrical Drives and Power Electronics, pp. 65-68, 2015.
- X. Zhao, L. Zhang, R. Born, and J. S. Lai, “Solution of input double-line frequency ripple rejection for high-efficiency high-power density string inverter in photovoltaic application,” in Proc. IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), pp. 1148-1154, 2016.
- G. Sambandam and A. Edpuganti, “Optimal low switching frequency pulse width modulation of current-fed five-level inverter for solar integration,” in Proc. IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), pp. 943-950, March 2016.
- Y. Lei, C. Barth, S. Qin, W. C. Liu, I. Moon, and others, “A 2 kW, single-phase, 7-level, GaN inverter with an active energy buffer achieving 216 W/in3 power density and 97.6% peak efﬁciency,” in Proc. IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), pp. 1512-1519, March 2016.
- V. Yaskiv, “New methods of design of controlled ac switch mode power supplies,” International Scientific-Technical Magazine “Measuring and Computing Devices in Technological Processes,” vol. 4 (53), pp. 92-96, 2015. (Ukrainian)
- V. Yaskiv, “Using of high-frequency magnetic amplifier in switch mode dc power supplies,” in Proc. 35th Annual IEEE Power Electronic Specialists Conference (PESC’04), Aachen, pp. 1658–1662, 2004.
- V. Yaskiv, “Design methods of switch mode power supplies. Tutorial 10”, in Proc. 26-th International Energy Conference(INTELEC), p. 39, Chicago, USA, 2004.
- A. Yaskiv, “Mathematical modeling of remagnetization processes of soft magnetic materials with high steepness of hysteresis loop,” International Scientific-Technical Magazine “Measuring and Computing Devices in Technological Processes,” vol. 4 (53), pp. 112-118, 2015. (Ukrainian)
- V. Yaskiv, A. Abramovitz, K. Smedley, and A. Yaskiv, “MagAmp regulated isolated ac-dc converter with high power factor,” Communications – Scientific Letters of the University of Zilina, vol. 1a, pp. 28-34, 2015.
- V. Yaskiv, A. Abramovitz, and K. Smedley, “MagAmp power converters with low level EMI,” in Proc. XII International Conference “The Experience of designing and Application of CAD Systems in Microelectronics (CADSM 2013)", Polyana-Svalyava (Zakarpattya), Ukraine: Lviv Polytechnic National University, pp. 388-395, 2013.
- V. Yaskiv, A. Martseniuk, O. Myshkovets, and A. Yaskiv, Pulse dc power converter, Ukraine Patent №110693, issue date 25.10.2016. (Ukrainian)
- V. Yaskiv, “Providing of symmetrizing of the remagnetization process of power transformer of push-pull power converter,” International Scientific-Technical Magazine “Measuring and Computing Devices in Technological Processes,” vol. 1, pp. 80-84, 2009. (Ukrainian)
- V. Yaskiv and O. Gurnik, The method of switching of transistor dc power converters for synchronous and synphase operation, and the device for its realization, Ukraine Patent №39783 UA, 2003. (Ukrainian)
- V. Yaskiv and O. Gurnik, “Providing of synchronous and synphase operation of high-frequency transistor inverters,” Bulletin of Lviv Polytechnic National University “Radioelectronics and Telecommunications,” no. 443, pp. 100-104, 2002. (Ukrainian)
- V. Yaskiv and O. Gurnik, Controlled power supply with ac output, Ukraine Patent №74199, issue date 15.11.2005. (Ukrainian)
- V. Yaskiv, “Experimental research of dynamic characteristics of semiconductor power converters with high-frequency magnetic amplifiers,” Scientific applied journal “Technical Electrodynamics” (“Power electronics and energy efficiency” issue), vol. 4, pp. 7-9, 2005.
- V. Yaskiv, A. Martseniuk and A. Yaskiv, Controlled power supply with ac output, Ukraine Patent №109557, issue date 25.08.2016. (Ukrainian)
- V. Yaskiv, A. Martseniuk and A. Yaskiv, Controlled power supply with ac output, Ukraine Patent №115613, issue date 27.11.2017. (Ukrainian)