Problem of dynamics of a reservoir of cylindrical shape, partially filled with liquid, on pendulum suspension with movable suspension point is under investigation. The problem is considered in nonlinear statement with the purpose of clarification of the effect of pendulum suspension on both frequency characteristics and the system behavior in the near-resonance zone. Analytical and numerical study shows that normal frequencies of oscillations have considerable changes for both quasi-rigid pendulum mode of motion and especially for frequency of liquid sloshing modes. Numerical examples show that resonant properties of the system for below resonance, above resonance and near resonance modes are considerably different and the effect of amplitude modulation manifests strongly for all cases.
- Limarchenko O. S., Yasinskiy V. V. Nonlinear dynamics of structures with liquid. National Technical University of Ukraine “KPI” (1997).
- Mikishev G. N., Rabinovich B. I. Dynamics of rigid bodies with cavities partially ﬁlled by liquid. Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1968).
- Faltinsen O. M., Rognebakke O. M., Timokha A. N. Resonant three-dimensional nonlinear sloshing in a square-base basin. J. Fluid Mech. 487, 1–42 (2003).
- Lukovskiy I. A. Introduction to nonlinear dynamics of a rigid body with cavities containing liquid. Naukova dumka, Kiev (1990).
- Faltinsen O. M., Rognebakke O. M., Timokha A. N. Transient and steady-state amplitudes of resonant three-dimensional sloshing in a square base tank with a ﬁnite ﬂuid depth. Physics of Fluids. 18 (1), 012103-1–012103-14 (2006).
- Pal P. Sloshing of liquid in partially ﬁlled container – an experimental study. International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering. 1 (6), 1–5 (2009).
- Zhang Ch., Li Y., Meng Q. Fully nonlinear analysis of second order sloshing resonance in a three-dimensional tank. Computers & Fluids. 116, 88–104 (2015).
- Lymarchenko O. S., Semenovych K. O. Energy redistribution between the reservoir and liquid with free surface for angular motions of the system. Journal of Mathematical Sciences. 222 (3), 296–303 (2017).
- Zhaoa W., Yanga J., Hu Z, Tao L. Coupled analysis of nonlinear sloshing and ship motions. Applied Ocean Research. 47, 85–97 (2014).