An efficient particle filtering algorithm for demodulation of M-PSK signals at the background of non-Gaussian noise is proposed. The state-space model of the observation signal is formulated including the dynamics of channel parameters' updating. The resulting estimation of informative symbols and channel parameters is done in two parallel contours. The simulations for QPSK signals have shown that for a sufficiently high number of particles the proposed method outperforms classical demodulation approach based on Gardner and Costas loops.
- Djuric P. M., Kotecha J. H., Zhang J., Huang Yu., Ghirmai T., Bugallo M. F., Miguez J. Particle filtering. IEEE Signal Proc. Magazine. 20 (5), 19--38 (2003).
- Punskaya E., Andrieu C., Doucet A., Fitzgerald W. J. Particle Filtering for Demodulation in Fading Channels with Non-Gaussian Additive Noise. IEEE Trans. Comm. 49 (4), 579--582 (2001).
- Arulampalam M. S., Maskell S., Gordon N., Clapp T. A tutorial on particle filters for online nonlinear/non-Gaussian Bayesian tracking. 50 (2), 174--188 (2002).
- Feigin J. Practical Costas loop design. RF design. 25, 20--36 (2002).
- Gardner F. M. A BPSK/QPSK timing error detector for sampled receivers. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 34 (5), 423--429 (1986).
- Hua Zh., Youguang Zh., Guoyan Li. Particle-Filtering-Based Approach to Undetermined Blind Separation. Advances in information Sciences and Service Sciences. 4 (6), 305--313 (2012).