The article dwells on the mathematical model of heat and mass transfer processes in „environment-protective clothing-human” system which takes into account simultaneous penetration of ambient heat and toxic chemicals in the multi-layer membrane of garments with air gap. On the basis of this model, the parameters of a gas and heat protective suit are reasonably defined. This is due to the fact that during emergency and rescue operations units of the fire and rescue service and mining and rescue services at the enterprises of the coal, chemical, oil refining and metallurgical industries of the national economy there are unfavorable microclimatic conditions (high temperature, humidity of air, smoothness, gas pollution of the environment). So, in the case of firefighting or mine-rescue operations, there were situations
when poisonous chemicals entered into fires or mines: chlorobenzene, acetone, benzene, sulfuric acid, and others. As a result, many firefighters or rescuers received poisoning and thermal damage (air temperature reached 40 °C), with the use of rescuers of the best in the world of gas-protective suits proved to be ineffective. In this regard, there was the necessity in developing a gas and heat protective suit with the multi-layered membrane and with the use of ice-water cold-storage elements (CE) which are used by mine rescuers in heat protective clothing. In addition, according to the requirements of the State Militarized Mine Rescuing Service of Ukraine, the duration of works, conducted by a rescuer in a suit with the minimal mass and under 40 ºС temperature, has to constitute not less than 120 minutes. When a rescuer is under the influence of the most toxic substance (chlorobenzene when its concentration in outputs is 15 g/m 3 ), the duration of operations has to be 180 min. Objective of the research is to develop the mathematical model of nonstationary processes of heat and mass transfer in “environment – protective clothing – human” system, and on the basis of it to define parameters of a gas and heat protective suit which would ensure
safe work under the above-mentioned conditions. To develop a mathematical model of heat transfer in the system “the environment – protective clothing – a person” we accept the design scheme of the shell of a suit, which is subject to thermal and chemical effects from the environment and the thermal – the human body.
1. Chumak A. С. Mining of mines of the Central region of Donbass by chemical production / AS Chumak, B. A. Coming, AT Recent // Coal of Ukraine. – 1991. – No. 1. – P. 31–33. [In Russian: Chumak A. Pollution of Mines in the Central Region of the Donbass with the Products of Chemical Plants].
2. Gavrilko O. A. Mathematical modeling of non-stationary heat transfer in protective clothing of firefighters and rescuers with water-cooled cooling system / O. A. Gavrilko – Fire safety: Coll. sciences works. UkrNISPB of the Ministry of Emergencies of Ukraine. – Lviv, 2002. – No. 3. – P. 76–82. [In Ukrainian: Havrylko O. Mathematical Modeling of Non-Stationary Heat Transfer in Protective Clothing of Firefighters and Mine Rescuers with the Ice-Water Cooling System].
3. Klymenko Yu. V. Theoretical bases of thermal calculations of anti-thermal clothing for mine rescuers / Yu. V. Klymenko // Scientific Bulletin of the State Tax Inspectorate of Ukraine. – Dnipropetrovsk, 2001. – No. 3. – P. 70–73. [In Russian: Theoretical Bases of Heating Calculations of Heat Protection for Garments for Mine Rescuers].
4. Karpekin V. V. Isolating gas-proof suit / VV Karpekin, AP Rybalko, VI Kostyukova // Mining Reserve: Sb. scientific tr NIIGD – Donetsk, 1993. –Pp. 49–54. [In English: Karpekin V. The Insulating Gas Protection Suit].
5. Mariychuk I. F. Heat exchange processes in the cold storage accumulator of anti-warm clothing / I. F. Mariuchuk, VN Popov, VO Put down AA Onasenko // Mining Rescue: Sb. scientific tr NIIGD – Donetsk, 2007. – Issue 44. – P. 139–146. [In Russian: Mariychuk I. Heat Exchange Processes in a Cold-Storage Accumulator of Heat Protection Garments].
6. The main directions of increasing the effectiveness of the actions and ensuring the safety of the personnel of the MOE units during extinguishing fires in industrial facilities with the presence of hazardous chemicals / S. V. Kuteko, E. V. Trush, B. V. Bolibrukh, B. V. Stein // Scientific herald: Sb. sciences Ave – Kiev: UkrNDIPB, 2010. – No. 2 (22). – P. 114–120. [English: Main Ways to Increase Efficiency of Actions and Ensure Safety of Personnel Working in the Emergency Ministry] Subcommittees during Fires Extinguishing for Industrial Objects if Any Hazardous Chemical Substances Are Present].