The formation of the adaptation mechanism to the development incentives changes is especially relevant for shipbuilding enterprises. It is necessary to predict potential changes in legislation, lending, insurance, investment, to use the chances and to minimize the risks appropriately. In order to prevent the threats and use the additional opportunities, the shipbuilding company should analyze weak and strong signals coming from the external and internal environment, assess their impact on the effectiveness of its activities, in particular, by the business value indicator, and respond to them beforehand.
The purpose of the study is to present the author’s vision regarding the formation of the early warning and response system to economic incentives for shipbuilding enterprises development.
The stages of shipbuilding enterprise adaptation to its development incentives changes are determined. The economic-mathematical models used by central banks for macroeconomic forecasting are considered and suggested for shipbuilding enterprises in order to forecast inflation and exchange rates. The information support and the types of credit and tax incentives for shipbuilding enterprises development are defined. Exogenous and endogenous early warning indicators of incentives changes and their marginal values are formulated. The types of responses to credit and tax incentives changes are proposed.
Shipbuilding companies need to identify strong and weak signals in the current perspective (during the year) and in the strategic perspective (from three to five years). It is advisable to organize two variants of the early warning and response system for shipbuilding enterprises: under normal conditions and when all external influences are negative. The forecast data obtained should be taken intoaccount during elaboration, priority justification and feasibility analysis of alternative corporate development strategies.
The purpose of the credit subsystem is to use credit incentives to provide financial support for business development strategies implementation and minimizing the negative impact of the high debt cost and the credit resources market unbalance risk on the enterprise financial performance. The tax early warning subsystem involves the information accumulation about the company’s potential threats and opportunities due to the taxation changes.
In order to predict inflation and national currency exchange rate, shipbuilding enterprises need both to use ready made forecasts and to conduct their own research by expert judgement and by the combined application of economic and mathematical models: random walk model (RW), linear trend autoregression (LTAR), unobserved component (UC), vector standard and Bayesian auto regression (VAR and BVAR), linear regression (OLS), P*-model, ARIMA model etc.
The early warning indicators systematization in terms of time and directions of factors influence allows timely and comprehensive assessment of the incentives impact on the decisions processing in the field of the enterprise financial activity. As a consequence of forecasting, the enterprise is able to determine specific measures for responding to weak and strong signals.
- Melnyk, O. H., Adamiv, M. Ye. (2013). Antysypatyvne upravlinnia pidpryiemstvamy na zasadakh slabkykh syhnaliv [Anticipative corporate management on the basis of weak signals]. Actual problems of economics, 1 (139), 32-41. (In Ukrainian)
- Adamiv, M. Ye. (2013). Antysypatyvne upravlinnia mashynobudivnymy pidpryiemstvamy na zasadakh slabkykh syhnaliv [Anticipative corporate management at machine-building enterprises on the basis of weak signals]: avtoreferat dysertatsii na zdobuttia naukovoho stupenia kandydata ekonomichnykh nauk : 08.00.04 – ekonomika ta upravlinnia pidpryiemstvamy (za vydamy ekonomichnoi diialnosti. Lviv: Lviv Polytechnic National University, 28. (In Ukrainian)
- Cherniak, H. M. (2014). Adaptatsiia do umov zovnishnoho seredovyscha iak instrument zabezpechennia ekonomichnoi bezpeky pidpryiemstva [Adaptation to environmental conditions as a tool for economic security of the enterprise]. Naukovyj visnyk Khersonskoho derzhavnoho universytetu. Ser. : Ekonomichni nauky, 7(4), 9-11. – Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Nvkhdu_en_2014_7%284%29 3. (In Ukrainian)
- Tereschenko, O. O. (2008). Antykryzove finansove upravlinnia na pidpryiemstvi [Anticrisis financial management at the enterprise]: monograph. K. : KNEU, 272. (In Ukrainian)
- Pavlovskyj, S. (2012). Intehruvannia systemy rannoho poperedzhennia ta reahuvannia na finansovu kryzu v kontseptsiiu zbalansovanykh pokaznykiv [The financial crisis early warning and response system integration into the balanced scorecard concept]. Securities Market of Ukraine, 8, 51-57. (In Ukrainian)
- Tereschenko O. O. (2003). Finansova diialnist subiektiv hospodariuvannia [Financial activities of business entities]. K.: KNEU, 554. (In Ukrainian)
- Kuzmin, O. Ye., Lipych, L. H., Melnyk, O. H. and other. (2014). Antysypatyvne upravlinnia mashynobudivnymy pidpryiemstvamy na zasadakh slabkykh syhnaliv [Anticipative corporate management at machine-building enterprises on the basis of weak signals]: monograph. Lutsk : Vezha-Druk, 224. (In Ukrainian)
- Andreev, A. (2016). Prognozirovanie inflyatsii metodom kombinirovaniya prognozov v Banke Rossii [Inflation forecasting by combining forecasts at the Bank of Russia] Bank Rossii: seriya dokladov ob ekonomicheskih issledovaniyah, 14. (In Ukrainian)
- Abakumova, Yu. H., Bokova, S. Yu (2017). Modelirovanie i kratkosrochnoe prognozirovanie inflyatsii [Inflation modelling and short-term forecasting] Vesnik Hrodzenskaha dziarzhawnaha wniversiteta imia Yanki Kupaly. Seryia 5: Ekanomika. Satsyialohiia. Biialohiia, 7, 2, 104-114. (In Ukrainian)
- Hallman, J., Porter, R., Small, D. (1991). Is the price level tied to the M2 monetary aggregate in the long run? The American Economic Review, 81(4), 841–858.
- Bezborodova, A. V. (2015) P*-model dlia ynfliatsyy Belarusy: alternatyvnye podkhody [P * -model for Belarus inflation: alternative approaches]. Bankawski vesnik, snezhan, 30-40. (In Ukrainian)
- Polozhennia pro vyznachennia bankamy Ukrainy rozmiru kredytnoho ryzyku za aktyvnymy bankivskymy operatsiiamy [The regulation for measuring credit risk generated by banks’ asset operations] № 351 from 30.06.2016. – Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/v0351500-16. (In Ukrainian)
- Oblikova stavka Natsionalnoho banku Ukrainy [The discount rate of the National Bank of Ukraine]. – Retrieved from: https://bank.gov.ua/control/uk/publish/article?art_id=53647&cat_id=44580(In Ukrainian)
- Protsentni stavky za kredytamy v bankakh Ukrainy [Interest rates on loans in Ukrainian banks]. – Retrieved from: https://tables.finance.ua/ua/credit_deposit/credit#app-tabloid/client=ju.... (In Ukrainian)
- Kredyty na rozvytok biznesu v bankakh Ukrainy [Loans for business development in Ukrainian banks]. – Retrieved from: https://bankchart.com.ua/business/credit. (In Ukrainian)
- Rogov, V. H. (2014). Shliakhy vdoskonalennia podatkovoho mekhanizmu stymuliuvannia rozvytku sudnobudivnykh pidpryiemstv [Ways to improve tax mechanism of shipbuilding enterprises development stimulation]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Natsionalnoho universytetu korablebuduvannia. – Mykolaiv : NUOS,№1(451), 49-54. (In Ukrainian)