The category of “learning paradigm”, approaches to the definition of this category, and the main modern paradigms of education (pedagogical, andragogical, acmeological and communicative) are considered in the article. The andragogical paradigm of guided learning and teaching, which is an important methodological basis of a person’s higher education (including technical one) at all the stages of their development is substantiated and its potential is characterized in comparison with other learning paradigms. The systematic approach is used to present the objectives and the main ideas this paradigm(autonomy of the institution and the student as the subject of study; the connection of the concepts “adulthood” and “education”; formation of the concept of “professional socialization” together with the concept of “social maturity”; the use of internal forces and the person’s aspirations for self–development, self–improvement as an activity basis; autonomy of the student and the university in the educational process; electivity of studies; participative character of training interactions), the principles of the andragogical paradigm (the priority of self–study; joint activities of the participants of the training process; the use of existing positive life/work experience; adjustment of the outdated experience and the personal attitudes that prevent the acquisition of new knowledge; individual approach to learning; electivity; reflexivity; the demand for practical training results; consistency; update of learning outcomes; personality development), specifics of implementation in terms of higher technical education (providing free access to information resources; ensuring individualized approach to learning; changing the roles of the educational process participants) and specifics of teaching activities in technical institutions of higher learning (being aware of the differences between the anthropocentric orientation of the teacher and the usual technocratic orientation of the technical specialist; being conscious of the state–of–the–art of sciences dealing with higher professional education; their orientation towards professional socialization of an individual).
1. Amonashvili, Sh. A. (2000). Shkola zhyzni [The School of Life]. Moscow, 203.
2. Andragogical basics of studies of pedagogical staff in the process of training. Retrieved from: http://virtkafedra.ucoz.ua/
3. Andreyev, A.A. (2000). Pedagogika vyshshei shkoly: (Prikladnayya pedagogika). [Pedagogy of higher school: (Applied pedagogy)]. Moscow, 328.
4. Arkhanhelskii, S.I. (1974). Lektsii po teorii obucheniya v vyshshei shkole. [Lectures on the teaching theory in high school]. Moscow, 317.
5. Arkhanhelskii, S.I. (1980). Uchebnyi protses v vysshei shkole, ego zakonomernyye osnovy i metody. [The learning process in higher school, its typical basics and methods]. Moscow, 236.
6. Bodalev, А.А. (1983). O predmete akmeologii. [About the subject of acmeology]. Psychological journal, 5, 8–12.
7. Fokin, Yu.H. (1993). Prepodavaniye i vospitaniye v vyshshei shkole. Metodologiya, tseli i soderzhaniye, tvorchestvo [Teaching and upbringing in higher school. Methodology, aims and contents, creative work]. Moscow: Nauka, 248.
8. Fokin, Yu.H. (1994). Kazhdoi paradigme – svoyu teoriyu [Each paradigm has its own theory]. Master, 2, 34–41.
9. General and professional pedagogy: Textbook for students studying “Professional teaching” Retrieved from: http://pedlib.ru/Books/1/0444/index.shtml?from_page _2009.pdf.
10. Gromkova, M.T. (1998). Esli vy prepodavatel… Pozitsiya… Modeli… Tehnologii [If you are a teacher… Position… Models… Technologies]. Moscow, 213.
11. Kuzmina, N.V. (1991). Professionalizm deyatelnosti prepodavatelya i mastera proizvodstvennogo obucheniya proftekhuchilishcha [Professionalism of the teacher and master of industrial training of the vocational school]. Leningrad, 248.
12. Meletsynek, A. (1996). Utverzhdeniye v kachestve yevropeyskikh prepodavatelei inzhynernykh vuzov: opisaniye kompetentsii prepodavateley inzhynernykh vuzov osushchestvlennoye ING–PAED [Affirmation in the role of European teachers of technical universities: description of the competence of the technical university teachers done by ING–PAED]. Austria: Klagenfurt, 54.
13. Nikandrov, N.D. (1974). Kak razvivatsa vuzovskoi didaktike [How to develop higher school didactics]. High school bulletin, 12, 81–84.
14. Prykhodko, V.M., Manuylov, V.F. & Lukanin, V.N. (1998). Vyshsheye tekhnicheskoye obrazovaniye: mirovyye tendentsyi razvitiya, obrazovatelnyye programmy, kachestvo podgotovki spetsyalistov, inzhynernaya podgotovka [Higher technical education: world tendencies of development, educational programs, the quality of specialists’ training, engineering training]. Moscow, 284.
15. Savotinai N.A. (2012). Ponatiye “Paradigma” i yego status v pedagogike [The concept of “paradigm” and its status in pedagogy]. Pedagogy, 10, 3–11.
16. Shadrikov, V.D. (1993). Filosofiya obrazovaniya i obrazovatelnyye politiki [Education philosophy and educational politicians]. Moscow, 233.
17. Starobinskii, E.Ye. (1997). Povysheniye kvalifikatsii menedzherov – protses nepreryvnyi [Training of managers – the continuous process]. Human resources management, 1, 5–10.
18. Ukke, Ju.V. (1992). Professionalnaya samorealizatsiya lichnosti i andragogicheskaya orientatsiya poslediplomnogo obrazovaniya [Professional self–realization of personality and andragogical orientation of postgraduate training]. Moscow, 342.
19. Vykhrushch, V.O. (2015). Teoriya pochatkovoho navchannya z osnovamy psyhodydaktyky [Theory of primary education with the basics of psycho–didactics]. Ternopil, 608.
20. Yaksa, N.V. (2014). Andragogichna model navchannya [Andragogical model of the learning process]. Andragogical bulletin: Scientific electronic periodical, 5, 47–52. 21. Yakunin, V.A. (2000). Pedagogicheskaya psihologiya [Pedagogical psychology]. SPb, 259 p.
22. Zahvyazinskii, V.I. & Gritsenko, L.I. (1978). Osnovy didaktiki vyshshei shkoly [The fundamentals of didactics of higher school]. Tiumen, 289.
23. Zazikin, V.H. & Chernyshev, A.P. (1995). Akmeologicheskiye aspekty profesionalizma [Acmeological aspects of professionalism]. Moscow, 158.
24. Zinovyev, S.I. (1962). Lektsyya v sovetskoi vyshshei shkole [Lecture in Soviet higher school]. Moscow, 234.
25. Zinovyev, S.V. (1975). Uchebnyi protses v Sovetskoi vyshshei shkole [The process of studies in Soviet higher school]. Moscow, 267.
26. Zmeyev, S.I. (1995). Andragogika – stanovleniye i puti razvitiya [Andragogy – formation and ways of development]. Pedagogy, 2, 27–32.
27. Zmeyev, S.I. (1997). Proizvodstvo kompetentnych lyudei [Manufacturing of competent people]. New knowledge, 1, 31–35.