Today in Ukraine, the municipal waste management system is focused on landfill waste, mainly their disposal in landfills and unauthorized dumps, most of which do not meet the requirements of environmental safety. Accordingly, the main task at the state and regional levels is to implement a systematic approach to waste management, which will ensure both a gradual reduction in waste generation and an increase in their processing and reuse.
Implementation of this task requires the implementation of a set of measures provided by the National Waste Management Strategy in Ukraine until 2030 (approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated November 8, 2017, No. 820 (Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine 2017, No. 820-r) and the National Waste Management Plan until 2030 (approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on February 20, 2019, No. 117-p (Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine 2019, No. 117- r). According to documents, a crucial step for each region of Ukraine is developing a regional waste management plan based on a phase of strategic planning of all processes of waste management. The importance of this stage increases as a result of the completed process of power decentralization in Ukraine, and, accordingly, delegating authority to address most community development issues to the local powers.
1. Cluster Development Handbook. (2006). K.: GFA Consortium. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/319903365_Klasternij_pidhid_ak_...
2. Comprehensive program for solid waste management in Poltava region for the period 2017−2021: Poltava regional council No.497 (2017). Retrieved from https://www.adm-pl.gov.ua/docs/pro-zatverdzhennya-kompleksnoyi-programi-...
3. Korolyuk, Yu. G. (2010). Cluster approach as a component of regional governance. Public administration: improvement and development, 3. (in Ukrainian). Retrieved from http://www.dy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=110
4. Korenchuk, A. A. (2008) Ensuring the competitiveness of the region on the basis of a cluster campaign. (Avtoreferat dysertatsii kandydata ekonomichnykh nauk). Academy of Economics and Entrepreneurship of Tambov State University G.R. Derzhavina, Tambov. (in Russian)
5. On approval of the National Waste Management Strategy in Ukraine until 2030: Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine 2017, No. 820-r (2017). Retrieved from https://www.kmu.gov.ua/npas/250431699
6. On approval of the National Waste Management Plan until 2030: Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine 2019, No. 117-r (2019). Retrieved from https://www.kmu.gov.ua/npas/pro-zatverdzhennya-nacionalnogo-planu-upravl...
7. On approval of Methodical recommendations for the development of regional waste management plans: Order of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources 2019, No.586 (2019). Retrieved from https://zakononline.com.ua/documents/show/91967___91967
8. Regional Waste Management Plan in Poltava region until 2030: Project (2021). Retrieved from https://www.adm-pl.gov.ua/advert/oprilyudnennya-dlya-obgovorennya-proektu-regionalniy-plan-upravlinnya-vidhodami-u-poltavskiy-
9. Subregional strategy for solid waste management for Poltava region. (2016). Project "Management Reform in Eastern Ukraine" "Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Gmbn". GFA Consulting Group, January 2016. (in Ukrainian). Retrieved from https://docplayer.net/76704874-Poltavska-oblasna-rada-r-i-sh-e-n-n-ya.html
10. Surmin, Yu. P., Shtyka L. G., Bakumenko, V. D., & Gogina, L.M. (2007). Dictionary of system analysis in public administration. К .: Issue “NADU”. (in Ukrainian). Retrieved from https://www.twirpx.com/file/1549344/
11. Varnalia, Z. S. (2005). Regions of Ukraine: problems and priorities of socio-economic development: Monografiya. Kyiv: Knowledge of Ukraine. Retrieved from https://www.nas.gov.ua/UA/Book/Pages/default.aspx?BookID=0000000531