The study reveals the historical and cultural significance, preservation and revaluation of the complex of fortifications of the Upper Polish Gate in Kamianets-Podilskyi. The history of the complex, which was formed during the XVI-XVII centuries and includes the Kushnir Tower, the Wind Gate, the Turkish Bastions, the city's defensive walls, the Lithuanian Tower. The scientific novelty is that for the first time an attempt was made to comprehensively outline the milestones in the history of the northern defensive hub of the Old Town of Kamianets-Podilskyi.
The level of preservation of architectural structure of the construction of the central part of the town of Stryi is analyzed. The value of separate objects that are considered to get a status as a monuments to be protected is studied. The analysis of the invasion of the architectural building and its urban structure by modern unprofessional buildings, the cutting of parcels according to historical cadastres is carried out. The museum in the open air in the central part of Stryi is suggested to be created.
The article considers historical industrial, sacred and residential buildings and structures made of natural stone, located on the left bank of the Dniester within the Eastern Podillya. The paper fixates the technical condition, characterizes the features of the architectural appearance and design solutions of the masonry of the preserved objects.
The following article is the first attempt to analyze and systematize the sculptural images of St. John of Nepomuk in the late XVIII-XIX centuries in Galicia, determine the accurate location to suggest the authorship of the work and develop a restoration program to put into effect work on the monument.
The article demonstrates the peculiarities of the artistic sculpture of the Virgin Mary in the sculpture of the late XIX-first half of the XX century. The main positions of the restoration program and the course of its implementation are revealed.
The article analyzes the history of creation, stylistics and plastic solution and development of the technology of restoration of the white stone sculpture of The Immaculate Conception of the Mother of God in the village of Tetevchytsi of Chervonohrad district, Lviv region.
The study reveals the problem of revitalization of immovable cultural heritage in Ukraine, which stems from the absence of state policy to preserve the architectural city-planning heritage supported by the necessary development and financing programs. The role of socialization of cultural heritage in the process of revival of valuable historical complexes that are under threat of destruction is shown, innovative approaches to the revitalization and the first positive results of their implementation are demonstrated.
The article reveals the peculiarities of the coverage of the architectural heritage in Ukraine from the historiographical point of view. The theoretical basis of the paper is the work of national and foreign culturologists, urban planners, geourbanists etc. During the twentieth century the thematic sphere of research of the city as a cultural phenomenon has significantly expanded.
The sculptural composition originates from the village of Chabarivka, Vasylkiv district, Ternopil region (since 2015). On the map of 1779-1783 by Friedrich von Mieg, the sculpture of St. John of Nepomuk is marked with a red cross, located in the eastern part of the village stretched along the road, opposite the manor. The road from Kopychyntsi to Husiatyn passed to the north of the settlement.
Wood is a material used to create works of art, architecture and has been known to people for thousands of years. In Ukraine there is a huge number of outstanding works of architectural, art, decorative, sacred, industrial and utilitarian nature. Significant efforts are being made by conservation and museum workers to preserve and care for such works. The article provides information about the history of using wood to create works of art and architecture.