The article provides a theoretical overview of the categories of the resource concept of stress and identifies their applied aspect in the field of domestic public administration. After all, the civil service is a special type of management activity, which is characterized by a high level of social responsibility, publicity and, as a rule, insufficient motivation. In addition, the civil service is classified as an activity with high human requirements.
To do this, there is presented the model of occupational stress, proposed by J. Greenberg, which provides an opportunity to understand the importance of personal characteristics of the employee in the process of constructive resolution of stressful situations. After all, the ability to adapt to changes in the environment, the perception of threats can both strengthen and weaken internal organizational sources of stress and external, outside the organization. The presented model focuses on the negative consequences, namely the deterioration of employee health due to stress at work.
It is also disclosed the concept of "coping" as a unique type of overcoming a stressful situation, the strategy of behavior. The basic classification of coping strategies proposed by Lazarus and Folkman is considered, as well as a number of specific coping strategies that characterize the basic classification groups.
In addition, there are two approaches to the study of coping, namely: deductive and inductive. The deductive method is based on the study of existing literature and the results of coping research. The inductive method is to analyze people's actions and opinions in certain situations without imposing specific coping strategies on the basis of a survey.
A person's resources are his knowledge, skills, abilities, emotional and social intelligence, which together form his stress resistance, the habit of choosing certain coping strategies to overcome stressful situations. This is the essence of the resource concept of stress. In the initial stages of stress, a person spends personal resources to eliminate stress factors. Its protective response is activated at the stage of scarcity of these resources and is due the need to restore them. In the case of exhaustion, when it is not possible to replenish lost resources, a person is exposed to psychological stress, which leaves its negative impact on the results of its work. Thus, we can conclude that stress is not a constant characteristic of the individual. It is dynamic: in case of deficiency of personal resources - the level of stress resistance decreases. In accordance with the accumulation and conservation of these resources - the level of stress resistance will increase.
Therefore, ensuring a high level of stress resistance of civil servants is the result of a successful combination of available personal resources of a specialist at the stage of his employment with constant self-development, training, gaining experience, etc. Because an important factor in choosing the right coping strategy of the individual is its resourcefulness.
1. Herasina S. (2016). Metody pidtrymky pratsezdatnosti i stresostijkosti dilovoi liudyny [Methods of support of efficiency and stress resistance of a business person]. Nauka i osvita [Science and education], No. 2-3, 115-119. https://doi.org/10.24195/2414-4665-2016-2-3-20
2. Deniel Houlman (2018). Emotsijnyj intelekt [Emotional mentality]. Kharkiv: Vivat.
3. Grinberg Dzh. (2002). Upravlenie stressom [Stress management]. Sankt Peterburg.
4. Zelinska Ya. Ts. (2014). Resursnyi pidkhid do analizu stratehii podolannia stresu [Resource approach to the analysis of stress management strategies]. Rynok pratsi ta zainiatist naselennia [Labor market and employment]. No. 4. Retrieved from: http://ipk.edu.ua/journal/2011-4.pdf#page=38
5. Zlyvkov V. L., Lukomska S. O., Fedan O. V. (2016). Psykhodiahnostyka osobystosti u kryzovykh zhyttievykh sytuatsiiakh [Psychodiagnostics of personality in crisis life situations]. Kyiv: Pedahohichna dumka, 219 p.
6. Karamushka L. M., Kurytsia D. I. (2013). Psykholohichni chynnyky profesiinoho stresu u derzhsluzhbovtsiv [Psychological factors of professional stress in civil servants]. Teoriia i praktyka upravlinnia sotsialnymy systemamy [Theory and practice of social systems management], No. 1, рр. 112-125.
7. Kery L. Kuper, Fyllyp Dzh. Dejv, Majkl P. O'Drajskoll (2007). Orhanyzatsyonnyj stress. Teoryy, yssledovanyia y praktycheskoe prymenenye [Organizational stress. Theories, research and practical application]. Khar'kov: Yzd-vo Humanytarnyj Tsentr.
8. Lazarus R. S. (1970). Teorija stressa i psihofiziologicheskie issledovanija. Jemocional'nyj stress [Stress theory and psychophysiological research]. Leningrad: Medicina, 209 р.
9. Lypovs'ka N. A. (2010). Osoblyvosti upravlinnia stresamy v profesijnij diial'nosti derzhavnykh sluzhbovtsiv [Features of stress management in the professional activities of civil servants] Publichne administruvannia: teoriia ta praktyka. [Public Administration: Theory and Practice]. Retrieved from http://www.dridu.dp.ua/zbirnik/2010-01/10lnadds.pdf.
10. Pejn R., Kuper K. (2008). Emotsyy y rabota. Teoryy, ysledovanyia y metody prymenenyia [Emotions and work. Theories, research and application methods]. Khar'kov: Yzd-vo Humanytarnyj Tsentr.
11. Sel'e H. (1979). Stress bez dystressa [Stress without distress]. Moscow: Prohress.
12. Statystyka stresu [Stress statistics]. Retrieved from http://www.lossofsoul.com/STRESS/statistics-ua.htm/
13. Fedosova L. (2014). Kopinh - stratehii: yak podolaty zhyttievi trudnoshchi? [Coping - strategies: how to overcome life's difficulties?]. PersonaL [PersonaL], No. 6. Retrieved from http://www.personal.pp.ua/rubrics/poznavatelno/kopng-strateg-yak-podolat...
14. Shtepa O. (2020). Resursna nasychenist osobystosti. [Resource saturation of personality]. Problemy suchasnoi psykholohii. [Problems of modern psychology], Vyp. 47, рр. 231-252. https://doi.org/10.32626/2227-6246.2020-47.231-252
15. Stevan E. Hobfoll (1989). Conservation of Resources: A New Attempt at Conceptualizing Stress. American Psychologist, No. 44 (3), рр. 513-524. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.44.3.513