This paper presents the results of theoretical and experimental testing of an optical rotation angle sensor of rotational paper pulp consistency meter. It is suggested that a specialized device consisting of two discs with the diameter as large as possible should be applied in the rotational consistency meters. There are holes in the disks. One more optocoupler should be applied for registering the beginning of the signal processing of separate measurements in order to reduce the root-mean square error. The measurement cycle of the sensitive element rotation angle is conducted within a predetermined number of full turns of the main shaft. The research results can be applied during development of the paper pulp rotation consistency meters based on the compensation of the viscous friction torque and based on the direct measurement of the viscous friction by defining the rotation angle of the sensitive element.
- Michael H. Waller (1993) A tutorial on the measurement of paper stock consistency. ISA Transactions 32, 277-282. https://doi.org/10.1016/0019-0578(93)90026-S
- Steffe J.F. (1996) Rheological Methods in Food process Engineering. Second edition. Freeman press, East Lansing, MI, USA 418p.
- Covimat 205. URL: http://www.prorheo.de/fileadmin/user_upload/pdfs/Covimat_205_DD_zF.pdf
- TT-100 Viscometer e for In-line System Applications. URL: http://www.brookfieldengineering.com/products/viscometers/in-line-proces....
- Ekhard Preikschat (1997) Rotating consistency transmitter impeller and method. US Patent No. 5684247.
- JT-Tieto Oy & Marjo Nygård (2010) Metso Rotating Consistency Transmitter. Installation & Owner's Manual K09157 V1.0 EN Metso Automation Inc. Documentation. www.metso.com/automation.
- MEK-2300 with JCT-1100 User manual (2002) BTG Pulp and Paper Technology AB, Säffle, Sweden.
- Andersson N., Kullander J., Lundberg P., Adrian P. (2012) Phase Controller for a Dual Motor Torque Detecting Device. US Patent No.: US 8171776 B2.
- MEK-3000 TwinTorque URL:https://www.btg.com/en/products/products-by-type/inline-instrumentation/...