The technique for designing the optimal value of the filter time constant for analog signal is presented in the paper. This technique is based on the objective function which takes into account the quality index of the filtration process and the dynamic error of the filtered signal. The experimental study of the transient processes in a thermal plant was carried out in order to analyze the influence of the filter parameters on the quality of the filtration process. The optimal value of the filter time constant was designed on the basis of the developed technique for the obtained experimental data. The experimental transient process was compared to the filtered one which was obtained with application of a filter with an optimal time constant. Application of the developed technique for designing the optimal time constant in the automated measurement and control systems will ensure high quality of the filtration process and small dynamic error of the filtered signal.
- Hamming, R. W. Digital filters. 3rd ed. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, Englewood-Cliffs, 1989, 284 p.
- H. Dimopoulos. Optimal use of some classical approximations in filter design. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, 2007, Vol. 54, Iss. 9, pp. 780 – 784. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSII.2007.900345
- J. C. Ma, L. Luo, Q. B. Wu. A filter design method based on combination wavelets. MSSP, 1997, Vol. 11, Iss. 5, pp. 767 – 772. https://doi.org/10.1006/mssp.1997.0105
- Richard J. Lyons. Understanding digital signal processing. Third ed. Prentice Hall Publ. 1996, 992 p.
- N. K. Sinha, G. P. Rao. Identification of continuous-time systems: methodology and computer implementation. Kluwer Academic Publishers Norwell, 1991, 637 p. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-011-3558-0
- Adamenko V. O. Automation of the technical information processing: lectures course. Kyiv: I. Sikorsky KPI, 2017, 44 p. (in Ukrainian)
- Gren Y. V. Real-time systems programming: textbook. Lviv Polytechnic Publ. House, 2011, 324 p. (in Ukrainian)
- R. Fedoryshyn, S. Klos, V. Savytskyi, O. Masniak. Identification of controlled plant and development of its model by means of PLC. Energy Eng. Control Syst., 2016, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 69 – 78. https://doi.org/10.23939/jeecs2016.02.069