It is known that magnetic poles of the Earth is accelerated and is now being ≈ 50 km/year (Olsen & Mandea, 2007) while the geomagnetic pole (the dipole part), which is computed (fictitious) value, has much less velocity. It is believed that the magnetospheric outer ring currents are held by the dipole part of the Earth’s magnetic field. The low frequency magnetic variations of that source allow determine the current position of the source axis and its corresponding pole which as shown experimentally precesses around the geomagnetic pole.
- Semjonov V.Ju. Obrabotka dannyh magnitotelluricheskogo zondirovanija //1985. "Nedra". Moscoshh. 133 p.
- Banks R.J. Geomagnetic variations and the electrical conductivity of the upper mantle // Geophys. J. R. Astron. Soc. — 1969. — 17. — P. 457—487.
- Kharin E.P., Semenov V.Yu. The curve of deep magnetovariation sounding in Pacific Ocean obtained by continuum spectrum method // France, Annales Geophysical. B. — 1986. — 4. — P. 329-334.
- Maus, S., H. Lühr. Signature of the quiet-time magnetospheric magnetic field and its electromagnetic induction in the rotating Earth // 2005. Geophys. J. Int. — 162, — P. 755–763.
- Olsen N., Mandea M. Will the magnetic north pole move to Siberia? // Eos, AGU. — 2007. — 88, № 29. — P. 294-295.
- Semenov V.Yu., Ladanivskyy B.T., Nowozynski K. New induction sounding tested in Central Europe // Acta Geophysica. – 2011. – 59. – № 5. – P. 815-832.